💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is 'The Cure' About Sonja?

Slayer

Featured Posts

Slayer

I feel like this song might be about Gaga's friend Sonja who has stage 4 breast cancer.  The part that really stood out to me was the lyrics: "Close your eyes, I'll sing your favorite song/I wrote you this lullaby." As we all know, Gaga wrote 'Grigio Girls' about how she would meet with her friends to cry about Sonja. Maybe that's the 'lullaby' she is referring to.

I think all the lyrics could possibly refer to a friend rather than a lover, except for maybe the lyric "I'll undress you 'cause you're tired." But chemo can be physically exhausting so maybe Sonja needs help undressing sometimes.

I really hope 'The Cure' is about Sonja because it would be such a beautiful ode to her and Gaga's friendship. It also perfectly sums up how desperate you can get to 'fix' a loved one who has a disease. If 'The Cure' isn't about Sonja, then surely it must be about someone with an illness?

What are your thoughts? :)

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Slayer
Just now, IAmDavid said:

No it's really just a love song.Those lyrics could be about anyone

I thought it was a love song at first, but the theme of 'curing' someone just seems too random if it's not about someone with an illness.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

MaryJaneHolland

"so baby tell me yes and i will be all yours tonight"

i dont think so :sweat:

Chiunzhan
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I thought it was a love song at first, but the theme of 'curing' someone just seems too random if it's not about someone with an illness.

I think it's a metaphor :)

boyfromvenus
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Honey, there are a lot of ways to "cure" someone. You can cure someone's depression, you can cure someone's ill way of thinking. It can even be sexually, if you want it to  :laughga:

xoxo

love always, xoxo

crisTEAne

perhaps, perhaps about tay or that other guy.

however, as she said during speechless at coachella, she wrote the song about her dad and now it's about her fans—at least, for her. obviously, speechless was never about gaga's dad for me. it's the magic of songs with universal messages and non-specific lyrics that they can be interpreted in a number of ways. :happy:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Pop Art

-

boyfromvenus

Also, the way you interpreter a song can be completely different from another person, not to mention Gaga herself :lolga:

xx

love always, xoxo

Letmelivemylife

Deep down my best friend and I think this is "I wanna be with you 2.0". It's no secret that we mean the world to Gaga and I think "the cure" is just her way of saying "no matter how old you get, I'll always be here to cure you with my love even when you say that you're ok because I know that deep down you're not". No matter how old we get she'll always see us as the kids in the glitter and discosticks that need to be sheltered from the big bad world. By creating "little monsters", she cured a lot of us because she was the first one to accept us unconditionally for who we were. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Reality

I think it can have a lot of different interpretations, and that can certainly be one of them.

🖤👹

"If I cant find the cure, I'll fix you with my love". That sounds like it could be about Sonja to be fair, she might have added the relationship type stuff to make it more accessible

Gangie

I was wondering the same, and yes... I think that The Cure is about her.

If I like it, then that's what I get!

Robo Ga

I think it could apply to a lover, her fans, Sonja, her family, her future kids, literally anyone. I love the universal message and appeal of it. It's simple and perfect

🤖⚡️

TimisaMonster

So what's MANiCURE? Didn't that also have layers of meaning...MANiCURE...man I cure...man cure :duck:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived