Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ARTPOP Film VS. Joanne Trilogy

HOTNebraskaGuy

Which film do you like better?   

110 members have voted

1. 1. The ARTPOP Film, or the Joanne Trilogy?

• ARTPOP Film
    • Joanne Trilogy

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy

ARTPOP FILM: 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

JOANNE TRILOGY: 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will never forgive the ARTPOP film for the assassination of Venus :madge: So Joanne won this one.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

CautiousLurker

Lets be honest, the ARTPOP film is tiiiiiight - you may not like the album as much, but that video was thought through far more carefully and meticulously than any of the Joanne music videos...

OliverViennese

ARTPOP film all the way. :reductive: 

And it's not that I dislike the Joanne Trilogy, but the only really satisfying part was the John Wayne MV (all three songs are really great thou), while the ARTPOP film was slayage from beginning to end! :firega:

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Just now, CautiousLurker said:

through far more carefully and meticulously than any of the Joanne music videos

That is a bold statement :green: Million Reasons was a hot mess but Perfect Illusion and John Wayne were not

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

ArtGagaPop

ARTPOP film is one of the best videos she has done in by oppinion, when the joanne films well..... PI and MR was cute :green:, JW was good but still not close to G.U.Y. 

Haroon

ARTPOP film :flutter: It's beautiful from beginning to end, I just wish that Venus got more time :toofunny: The only music video of the Joanne trilogy that I actually like is John Wayne :sweat: Perfect Illusion is alright and Million Reasons I've seen like twice because it's quite boring, I prefer watching the performances over that :laughga:

perfillusion

ARTPOP film.

Gaga served looks during that film & the songs she put in that film were actually better.

Joanne trilogy is kinda mess not gonna lie. The only good thing to come out of it was John Wayne which was directed by Jonas. The other two vids were directed by Ruth & Andrea who I hear will direct The Cure too. :rip: 

Earthling

ARTPOP film! It's gorgeous, sexy and highly imaginative.

Spoiler

This scene alone > Joanne Trilogy

Fierce-All-Her-Glory-Her-White-Room.gif

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Drin Lon
15 minutes ago, Peter Pan said:

ARTPOP film, it's one of most underrated things she's ever done. 

This, it's an iconic piece of art that doesn't get the praise it deserves, much like most things that came from ARTPOP tbh 

MonsterOfSpain

Sorry but G.U.Y. part alone >>>>>>>>>> Joanne's career. The ARTPOP film is one of her best videos if not her best while the Joanne videography was lackluster.

TeenIdle

ARTPOP film has got it all..locations, looks, choreography, story. I don't understand why some people hate it :saladga:

CautiousLurker
18 minutes ago, Red said:

That is a bold statement :green: Million Reasons was a hot mess but Perfect Illusion and John Wayne were not

I don't agree with that at all, the ARTPOP film could dance circles (Joanne-pun intended) around all 3... Better editing, better choreo (or at least it had one), better staging... It had a narrative that held everything together well, and just... it was overall more pleasing to the eye - I love the colors, whoever color-keyed that thing did a fantastic job... I loved the designs, everything just... fits...

Also props for choosing a location that's more challenging to access - all in all to me it feels like a lot more effort was put into that video...

Archived