💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have there been other pop artists who did things seemingly left like C2C?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

Has there ever been any artists as popular as Gaga who participated in any projects that were seemingly extremely out of character and unexpected like Gaga's collaboration with Tony?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Batwings

Madonna's I'm Breathless album immediately comes to mind, but it was intended to coincide with the **** Tracy (Oh dear lord, this is censored?) release, so I'm not sure it was entirely out of left field. 

Cyndi Lauper's Sisters of Avalon album was a total departure from her earlier pop material. I remember being so surprised when I listened to it for the first time. 

PopBitch

I consider Christina Aguilera's album after Stripped, which was Back to Basics, to be far different than her other albums.

I also consider Miley Cyrus' experimental psychedelic Dead Petz album in collaboration with psychedelic rock band Flaming Lips to be a huge left turn for Miley or any pop star.

BLACKOUTbritney

Nelly Furtado - Loose 

The change from Folklore to Loose was huge and successful for ha 

JohnWayne23

Yes,

Linda Ronstadt is perhaps the first major pop girl to do this.

She had 8 Top 10 singles from 1975 to 1980

But after her 1982 album flopped, Linda switched gears and released 3 jazz albums from 1983 to 1986, followed by a "Mexican" album in 1987

linda-ronstadt-dress-650-430.jpg

RochestrMonstr

Linda Ronstadt was a major female pop singer in the 1970's. She switched to jazz standards albums in the 1980's and they ended up selling so well she didn't release another pop album until almost 1990. She actually did some of the songs that were later on C2C. 

RochestrMonstr
2 minutes ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Yes,

Linda Ronstadt is perhaps the first major pop girl to do this.

She had 8 Top 10 singles from 1975 to 1980

But after her 1982 album flopped, Linda switched gears and released 3 jazz albums from 1983 to 1986, followed by a "Mexican" album in 1987

linda-ronstadt-dress-650-430.jpg

Beat me to it!

I just got into her about a year ago and I really do love her voice! It's a shame she can no longer sing. 

Katie14
1 minute ago, RochestrMonstr said:

Beat me to it!

I just got into her about a year ago and I really do love her voice! It's a shame she can no longer sing. 

What happened?

Katie14
29 minutes ago, Trxstan said:

katy-perry-migos-bon-appetit-review-01-4

Reveal hidden contents

I mean... wut?? :saladga:

What kind of song has a chorus that is less catchy than the versus? This song never goes anywhere. What style is this even?

RochestrMonstr
5 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

What happened?

She now has Parkinson's disease and it destroyed her ability to control her voice. She can still speak, though at times she has difficulty with that as well.

anomdepllume

Not exactly a popstar, but Billie Joe Armstong made an album with Norah Jones (after assisting in adapting American Idiot for the Broadway stage no less!) Got a lot of flack from the punks for that one.

Bradley
9 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

What kind of song has a chorus that is less catchy than the versus? This song never goes anywhere. What style is this even?

Actually Gaga's verses outshine her choruses sometimes. I'm not saying the chorus is bad, I'm just saying her verses are sometimes too brilliant :emma:

Batwings
34 minutes ago, anomdepllume said:

Not exactly a popstar, but Billie Joe Armstong made an album with Norah Jones (after assisting in adapting American Idiot for the Broadway stage no less!) Got a lot of flack from the punks for that one.

I remember that. It also serves as a reminder that Green Day fans can be just as annoying as Little Monsters.

"Ew, why are you getting political?"
"This is too punk-sounding!"

"This isn't punk-sounding enough!" 

:madge:

RonnieGagz
12 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Actually Gaga's verses outshine her choruses sometimes. I'm not saying the chorus is bad, I'm just saying her verses are sometimes too brilliant :emma:

TRUE, I thought I was the only one who felt like thay!

Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn are examples 

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

Archived