💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

The Official Met Gala 2017 Thread

LittleHooker

Featured Posts

bitchimtrying
Just now, Pierre said:

Moschino is a mess, always. And Prada, it can be a hit or miss, mostly a miss.

Probably what happened last year with Taylor, and Beyonce when Anna asked them to co-chair the gala, they had a good year in music or were in the pre-months of a new era, maybe Anna thinks Katy will have success this era, or she thought she was going to be big during the MET Gala days. :green:

Tbh, It all comes down to $$$$$$$$. People can pay to get anywhere an maybe that's what happened here. Or maybe Anna though that Katy was really relevant now. Or maybe they asked Gaga and she said she wouldn't be able to attend because of A star is born. We will never know. But I would still like to see Gaga be a chair or even have a Met Gala theme be like Lady Gaga: Through the ages, that would be cool (unrealistic, but cool). 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Oh man, you really have no idea how excruciating a shooting day is... First, the pay for an actor is the same whether he's shooting for the whole day or just for a couple of hours - considering this isn't a massive-budget production, you better believe that when they're getting the big bucks out to get Lady Gaga on set, they're gonna make her shoot the **** out of the 12 hours she's contractually bound to spend on location each day.

Now, do you honestly believe she'd be willing to fly all across the country (because the MET Gala happens in NY, in case you weren't aware) in the middle of such a shooting schedule just to go to a party she doesn't even need to attend? Not to mention she's the lead, so she mustn't have that many days of.

I'm working in the film industry, and believe me, after a working day, my only wish is to get back home and go to bed at 9, just to avoid being a total zombie the next morning. And I'm essentially working for French productions that are way less time-consuming and tiring than American ones - for comparison, I worked for 4 days on Mission Impossible 6 this month, and it took me a whole week to recover from it. Doing a movie is hard.

Thanks for letting me know. I wasnt aware that MET Gala takes place in New York.

elijahfan
10 hours ago, Bradley said:

Thanks for letting me know. I wasnt aware that MET Gala takes place in New York.

Oh sorry for the long-ass answer then :laughga: But it still stands for those who believe she'll attend, so don't take it for yourself

AustrianTilapia

The pink and blue dress in the OP is Comme des Garçons not Rei Kawakubo.

I'm getting fat and so is my bank

MelbHawker

Hope she attends. I need a decent look pls, her past looks at this event have been tragic. 

junolxf

She's not attending and I'm so sad. :( 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

LittleHooker
1 hour ago, AustrianTilapia said:

Yes  it is a Commes des Garcons dress designed by Rei Kawakubo's fall collection for the line. :D

elijahfan
13 hours ago, AustrianTilapia said:

She's the founder and head designer of Comme des Garçons

shoful

I love MetGala. I cant wait to see what Madonna wears. This years theme seems lame tho. I dont like those example costumes

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

doppelganger
15 hours ago, AustrianTilapia said:

:toofunny:

Gaga better attend though. If she doesn't Anna could blacklist her from future events

TheJoanneHat

Her name is on the right side!

Another day, another slay

Archived