💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

The Official Met Gala 2017 Thread

LittleHooker

Featured Posts

LittleHooker

'The Met Gala, formally called the Costume Institute Gala and also known as the Met Ball, is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York City. It marks the grand opening of the Costume Institute's annual fashion exhibit. Each year's event celebrates the theme of that year's Costume Institute exhibition, and the exhibition sets the tone for the formal dress of the night, since guests are expected to choose their fashion to match the theme of the exhibit. Each year the event also has honorary celebrity event day chairpersons.'- Wikipedia

Anna Wintour issues the dress code with the Costume Institute’s fashion exhibition in mind. This years theme is: Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons.

Rei Kawakubo is a Japanese fashion designer based in Tokyo and Paris, and will be the  first living designer since Yves Saint Laurent in 1983 to be the sole subject of the Met's Fashion exhibit. 

Kawakubo will be most well known to Little Monsters as the designer of this outfit:

lady_gaga_comme-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4B

often referred to as Gaga's ' HIGH FASHION F*** YOU TO ALL HER FAT HATERS' 

This years the Gala will be Chaired by Pharrell and Katy Perry, who wore Comme des Garçons in her recent Vogue Shoot:

03-katy-perry-vogue-may-2017-cover-story

With the Gala only a couple of days way (1st May) I thought it would be interesting to look back at the last two years outings. 

In 2015 the theme was ;

China: Through the Looking Glass

Lady Gaga wore custom Balenciaga by Alexander Wang.

metgala2015-720-jumbo-v2.jpggaga-wang-met-05may15-02.jpg

and in 2016:

Manus X Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology

Lady Gaga was dressed by Versace.

rs_634x1024-160502171230-634-lady-gaga-MLady-Gaga-Gala-Met-gala-2016-billboard-1

EDIT: Gaga didn't attend

however did comment:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thierryrreiht
2 minutes ago, LittleHooker said:

At the moment we are still unsure if Gaga will be attending this years Met Ball

she HAS to omg

Comme Des Garçon is iconic on her

The Surrealist

I don't think she will attend. Mainly because she has shooting lined up for May 2nd and 3rd, but also because she probably thinks we don't deserve BrunetteGa at Met.

LittleHooker
Just now, thierryrreiht said:

she HAS to omg

Comme Des Garçon is iconic on her

I'm so surprised she wasn't made a chairperson for this Gala. Katy Perry and pharrell were chosen as celebrity chairs this year. The fact she isn't chairing this year makes me worried that she may not attend due to scheduling issues.

LittleHooker
Just now, Sycamore said:

I don't think she will attend. Mainly because she has shooting lined up for May 2nd and 3rd, but also because she probably thinks we don't deserve BrunetteGa at Met.

The fact she isn't a chairperson to a Gala in honour of Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons makes me think she will be unable to attend also.

DeleteMyAccount

I can't believe 2015/2016 were the only years Gaga attended. This event really should be named after her. haha

Just now, ZacharyMark said:

I can't believe 2015/2016 were the only years Gaga attended. This event really should be named after her. haha

She went in 2010, but only to perform. I wish she'd done the carpet :giveup: 

lady-gaga-met-gala-2010-stage-performanc

LittleHooker
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

That's exactly what I thought. :tony:

prince

There's no way she's attending. She's too busy filming and I don't think she sees the event as incredibly important compared to ASIB. The annoying thing is not a lot of people take risks at the Met Gala so I can't see it being very interesting even though it's a Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons theme

Stef

She won't attend y'all 

It literally isn't possible 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Archived