Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Verdammte" or "Without the" Scheiße ?

at4v897m4rfw3c

Featured Posts

at4v897m4rfw3c

Hey,

maybe you know that there was a rumor a while ago if Gaga sings
"without the Scheiße" or "verdammte Scheiße" in her song ("verdammte" is the german word for "damned").

Kinda like "Koons" or "Kunst" haha :ladyhaha:

I just listened to Scheiße from the second Coachella weekend and noticed
at 4:35, that Gaga sings in my opinion very obviously "verdammte Scheiße" at this point.
But really only at this point.
I listened several times and imagined "verdammte" and "without the" to figure out what she is really singing.
But still I think thats "verdammte Scheiße"

Please watch the scene and tell me your opinion :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kvnrp

That question is bugging me since 2011 :air:

For me it sounds like Verdammte Scheiße.

idk :duck:

Mr Ricky

For Applause it's Kunst.  ( Kunst is german/dutch means "Art" in English ) 

One second I'm the Art, and suddenly the Art is me!  Makes much more sense than Koons.. And I know it's the Artist for the Blue Ball on the Cover.

For Scheiße it's Without the! 

Crossfit

benKo

I know that it is "Without the Scheiße, yeah" but I don't care.

For me, especially as a german, it will forever be "VERDAMMTE SCHEIßE YEAH" because it fit's so GODDAMN WELL. It is literally the perfect song with this.

I heard it on first listen, one of my friends heard it, too. VERDAMMTE SCHEIßE!!

I love it!

But if i listen really close, i hear the "without the Scheiße". But I don't want that, so...

ES IST EGAL VERDAMMT SCHEIßE!

LynpheaStar

i remember me and a friend would always sing "verdammte scheiße yeah" in school when the occasion fit

and since then I have embraced it as canon xP

ARTPOPe

No one knows, not even Gaga herself :ladyhaha:
But that's the magic of Gaga and her glibberish.

For me it's also "Verdammte Scheiße Yeah" :music:

Stream The Love Invention

Florian
1 minute ago, Mr Ricky said:

One second I'm the Art, and suddenly the Art is me!  Makes much more sense than Koons.. And I know it's the Artist for the Blue Ball on the Cover.

Koons could be the allegory of Art, it would still make sense imo. I mean he's one of the 10 most influential artists when it comes to Modern Art nowadays :shrug: 

benKo
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

I only hear 'With out the scheiße yeah':shrug:

That's probably because "VERDAMMTE SCHEISSE" isn't a british saying :trollga:

I don't believe any german who hears "Without the Scheiße", tho

Slayer

I'm confused. It says it's "without the Scheisse yeah" in the booklet, so... that's what it is. Why are you all saying it's verdammte? Wishful thinking? :huh:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

calmar

Depends on what node I have my brain stuck in - if I listen for English, I hear 'without the Scheiße', and if someone tells me that it sounds like she's saying 'verdammte', then yeah, I'll hear that. Pretty sure she's saying something like [w̞ɪːðau̯ʔtə] or [βɪːðau̯ʔtə], with fortition of the initial semivowel (possibly due to anticipation of the MoA of /ð/, as well as th-stopping the definite article (and possibly lowering the VoT of the voiced interdental as well, I'd need to listen to it a few more times). Likely these two things are because she's somewhat out of breath.

In this case, to the German ear, the fortified /w/ would sound like an initial /v~f/, and the final [-u̯ʔtə] can definitely sound like /mtə/ or /mptə/. The confusion of Eng. /ɪ/ with German /ə~ɐ/ is interesting, but the former is arguably more centralized, and the [-front] [-back] is likely what causes it to map that way in the brain.

</nerd>  

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Slayer
10 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

But it says 'Koons' in the booklet. :huh:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

benKo
Just now, calmar said:

Depends on what node I have my brain stuck in - if I listen for English, I hear 'without the Scheiße', and if someone tells me that it sounds like she's saying 'verdammte', then yeah, I'll hear that. Pretty sure she's saying something like [w̞ɪːðau̯ʔtə] or [βɪːðau̯ʔtə], with fortition of the initial semivowel (possibly due to anticipation of the MoA of /ð/, as well as th-stopping the definite article (and possibly lowering the VoT of the voiced interdental as well, I'd need to listen to it a few more times). Likely these two things are because she's somewhat out of breath.

In this case, to the German ear, the fortified /w/ would sound like an initial /v~f/, and the final [-u̯ʔtə] can definitely sound like /mtə/ or /mptə/. The confusion of Eng. /ɪ/ with German /ə~ɐ/ is interesting, but the former is arguably more centralized, and the [-front] [-back] is likely what causes it to map that way in the brain.

</nerd>  

No, it's Verdammte. I don't care. :trollga:

Florian
1 minute ago, calmar said:

</nerd>  

Come thru little teacher !!

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived