💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Born This Way Ball turns 5!

BibleThisWay

Featured Posts

BibleThisWay

5 years ago today Lady Gaga began one of the most iconic, highest grossing tours of all time: The Born This Way Ball.

The tour grossed $183,900,000 and was attended by 1,692,693 people across 98 dates, making one of the highest grossing and most attended tours of all time.

The tour was cut short due to Gaga breaking her hip resulting in 21 cancelled dates (plus the iconic Jakarta, Indonesia date being cancelled because Gaga's the devil or something). This would've most likely pushed the tour to $200,000,000+ gross and 2,000,000 attendees.

Fun facts about the tour:

- The Born This Way Ball stage is "largest scenic structure that's ever been built to tour," according to US Weekly.

- Gaga performed all 17 tracks from Born This Way (during the North American leg)

- The average setlist contained 24 songs making it her longest tour compared to artRAVE's 22 and The Monster Ball's 19.

- It is Gaga's tour with the most tour dates in Asia (16), Oceania (17)

- It is the only tour where she has toured South America and Africa, meaning she's toured on every continent excluding Antartica.

- Gaga sang some songs that were to be released (but never were) on the tour such as Cake Like Lady Gaga and Princess Die.

- The tour is Gaga's only stadium tour so far (she's performed at stadiums for other tours but this is her only predominantly stadium tour)

Happy 5th Birthday to one of the most iconic tours of all time!

200px-The_Born_This_Way_Ball.jpg

BibleThisWay
2 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

Cant express how sad I am for not being able to experience this.

Same, I wasn't allowed to go because I was only 13. I was livid :giveup:

XMonsterMonster

The memories are coming back to my head. The first time when I saw her live, I will never forget this experience. :wub:  (starts to feel emotional)

tumblr_m98mpqSbVP1qdmb8eo1_500.gif

Miley

The best tour I have ever went to. 

The music.
The castle.
The fans.
The vocals.
The outfits.
The emotions.
The merchandise.
Operation kill the bitch <3 

That J

My favorite of ALL the Gaga tours!  I remember every detail of that night in Dallas and MAN it was everything! I've been to all her shows but there was a particular magic in the air at BTW.   You could feel it, smell it and JUMP with it.The one show that still gives me a hint of sadness cuz I wanna go back!  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

I'm so happy I got to experience the BTWB in person. It was the most incredible show, and hearing 55,000 other people singing along to TEOG was insane. The beat in Government Hooker live was possibly the best thing I have ever heard in my entire life. 

SpookyKid

My favorite tour of all time :heart: I still can't believe I got to see it live, it was magical

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Lady Palutena

That CASTLE, I'm still SHOOK!!!!

0n9IcEw.jpg

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

JohnWayne23

I'll never forget the day I got tickets to this...

tenor.gif

...and then I'll never forget the day it got canceled

tumblr_nwzjkrq8DW1tm3mbao1_250.gif

Blade
54 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

Cant express how sad I am for not being able to experience this.

This.

Everytime I think about it, I get sad. I would give anything to see this castle live tumblr_m3ochm8ylm1qbj931o1_500.gif

and this choreography tumblr_m43aqzRZVI1qflx9wo1_500.gif

to be a part of this crowd tumblr_n3slp3NOxE1rktwnwo1_500.gif

Archived