Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

The science behind insanely catchy choruses

LittleHooker

Featured Posts

LittleHooker

an interesting reading: 

"In terms of artists coming up a lot, Lady Gaga won in this regard," the study's lead author Kelly Jakubowski, PhD, tells Billboard. "She had three songs in the top 10 of our earworm list, and she was the top-named song, with 'Bad Romance' named by 33 participants in our study. 'Alejandro' and 'Poker Face' were positions 8 and 9 on our list. So it seems certain artists stick out more than others."

Part of the reason "Bad Romance" topped the list of most-reported earworms could be that it features two equally unforgettable segments -- the proper chorus and the "rah rah" hook -- both of which were cited "fairly equally" by participants as segments that got stuck in their head."

You can read the whole article below: 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7775885/catchy-choruses-earworm-project-science-research?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

donutellha

didnt she invent science? :sis: 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Squeeshy Keety

Flip-floppy Billboard betta stan!

giphy.gif

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

shame

"In terms of artists coming up a lot, Lady Gaga won in this regard," the study's lead author Kelly Jakubowski, PhD, tells Billboard. "She had three songs in the top 10 of our earworm list, and she was the top-named song, with 'Bad Romance' named by 33 participants in our study. 'Alejandro' and 'Poker Face' were positions 8 and 9 on our list. So it seems certain artists stick out more than others."

Yes, that sounds about right. :reductive:

angels forever, forever angels

DeanWinchester

Wasn't this study published last year? But promo is promo so slay :lolly:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

gagaohlala

Didn't they speak about the iconic scientist key change in Perfect Illusion which make the sound of the it catchy and pleasing to the hears ? :whitney::whitney::whitney:

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

TSUNAMI
9 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

Yes, that sounds about right. :reductive:

I love the way you highlight :flutter: 

Miley

"When I was working on this research, I would see 'Bad Romance' listed at the top, and I would instantly get it in my head. I had it in my head for weeks working on this paper. I didn't even know it that well before the study. Even when I haven't thought about the study for weeks, it still randomly pops into my head when I'm walking down the street. I'm like, 'where did that come from?' There's something in the data: 'Bad Romance,' it really gets stuck in your head."

IMPACT

Phantomhive

A testament of the magic that happens when Gaga collaborates with RedOne. :applause:

And to think that RedOne's only input in BR is the "Rah rah" hook yet it has such an impact. :music:

In I fly on wings of winter.

StarstruckIllusion
4 minutes ago, Phantomhive said:

A testament of the magic that happens when Gaga collaborates with RedOne.

And to think that RedOne's only input in BR is the "Rah rah" hook yet it has such an impact.

Too bad 90% of those who would agree with you, left the fanbase, and all that are left, are those who would attack you for spilling that The Fame Mons†er Gaga has yet to be topped. 

Phantomhive
1 minute ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Too bad 90% of those who would agree with you, left the fanbase, and all that are left, are those who would attack you for spilling that The Fame Mons†er Gaga has yet to be topped. 

Couldn't care less if people disagreed. Gaga's catchiest songs are the ones she did with RedOne. Such a shame the songs they did together for the original LG5 were scrapped. :neyde:

In I fly on wings of winter.

Sister

Lana may be our alchemist, but Gaga is our anthropologist :giggle::whitney:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived