💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is a music video enough to bring The Cure into top 20?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Sister

Yes, a great video is enough with someone with enough pull as Lady Gaga.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Drin Lon

Maybe yes, maybe no, but that's not important rn. I think they should let the song grow on radio before dropping the video. There's no use in dropping a video for a song that few people know it exists. The Cure is not getting lead single treatment so you can't expect it to peak in its first two weeks, it's gonna take a while so please don't meltdown for no reason...

Nirvana

It needs to grow on radio and get a banner and hot tracked on itunes. Maybe a video later, it will give it a little push.

yes and

Okay, but we don't live in 2008 for succes of the singles due to TV shows. 
And Gaga's music videos have no big amount of views since 2013, even if the music video has many scenes and big budget. Music video should be viral, unusual for our time, but it's so hard to impress someone by something in present days. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

boyfromvenus

I don't really understand the obsession of her having a huge hit. Why does it matter so much? If the GP doesn't listen to it/care for it, you can't either? As long as you, as a fan, a little monster enjoy it, what else matters? Fine, it's fun to see her being appreciated by the GP but some of y'all are making it a bigger deal than it should ever be. People are so obsessed, including artists, with having as many number ones, streams, views, high rankings as possible that they forget what it's all about. Those are just numbers, they fade and they certainly doesn't measure someone's artistic value or quality. (The Chainsmokers are just one perfect example of that.) An artist who creates songs to make the most hits or money is not an artist. They're a money making machine or publicity *****, and they're in it for the wrong reasons. Thankfully, Gaga has her priorities straight. She's all about the art, music and artistic integrity as well as the message she wants to put out there. Therefore, so should you.

love always

xoxo

love always, xoxo

Bradley
3 minutes ago, oceanboy said:

I don't really understand the obsession of her having a huge hit. Why does it matter so much? If the GP doesn't listen to it/care for it, you can't either? As long as you, as a fan, a little monster enjoy it, what else matters? Fine, it's fun to see her being appreciated by the GP but some of y'all are making it a bigger deal than it should ever be. People are so obsessed, including artists, with having as many number ones, streams, views, high rankings as possible that they forget what it's all about. Those are just numbers, they fade and they certainly doesn't measure someone's artistic value or quality. (The Chainsmokers are just one perfect example of that.) An artist who creates songs to make the most hits or money is not an artist. They're a money making machine or publicity *****, and they're in it for the wrong reasons. Thankfully, Gaga has her priorities straight. She's all about the art, music and artistic integrity as well as the message she wants to put out there. Therefore, so should you.

love always

xoxo

I actually don't care about how successful a song is, I can equally enjoys Jewels N' Drugs as much as I enjoy Bad Romance. The reason I want her to have hits is because Interscope doesn't let her invest in singles and videos if the first or second weren't successful. Joanne would have served more singles, live performances and videos if they saw opportunity but Million Reasons only took off after the Superbowl and we ain't got no Superbowl for the third single anymore.

King J

:ladyhaha:

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

2 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

Maybe yes, maybe no, but that's not important rn. I think they should let the song grow on radio before dropping the video. There's no use in dropping a video for a song that few people know it exists. The Cure is not getting lead single treatment so you can't expect it to peak in its first two weeks, it's gonna take a while so please don't meltdown for no reason...

THIS here is the answer! Rest of the thread cancelledT! 

boyfromvenus
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I actually don't care about how successful a song is, I can equally enjoys Jewels N' Drugs as much as I enjoy Bad Romance. The reason I want her to have hits is because Interscope doesn't let her invest in singles and videos if the first or second weren't successful. Joanne would have served more singles, live performances and videos if they saw opportunity but Million Reasons only took off after the Superbowl and we ain't got no Superbowl for the third single anymore.

Okay, yeah. I understand. In that sense it's important. I was just talking kind of generally. A lot of little monsters make it a bigger deal all over social media, and it just feels like a distraction from the art. I just feel like many times people judge a song depending on how many streams it has and the general success of it, rather than artistic value and quality. I'm sure you're not one of them, and I didn't mean to bash you or anyone in particular

xx

love always, xoxo

SLAYing
35 minutes ago, oceanboy said:

love always

xoxo

:hug:

Instagram : saurabh_slays

just another gay

Reminded ,e that she has not been on Ellen even once during Joanne's era....:neyde:

God Control

It depends on the quality of the music video and the efforts to promote it. Though I gotta admit that the song, while I love it more than anything on Joanne, doesn't give much room for a really innovative video or even anything that looks like the album artwork, either.

17 hours ago, Givenchy said:

It depends on the quality of the music video and the efforts to promote it. Though I gotta admit that the song, while I love it more than anything on Joanne, doesn't give much room for a really innovative video or even anything that looks like the album artwork, either.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that the song will provide some exceptional, eye catching, head line grabbing music video. 

The song, while good, don't get me wrong, isn't anything innovative IMO, it's just a bop. 

The charts don't matter, what matters is that you enjoy the song for yourself. 

But, in relation to charts? The song has to be strong and unique, just like the video (see all Fame Monster singles)

Archived