Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: "The 100 Greatest Choruses of the 21st Century"

nswain1110

Featured Posts

nswain1110

"Today marks the beginning of Chorus Week here at Billboard, where we'll be deep-diving into some of the greatest recent refrains that drive every successful karaoke night, concert encore and office desk hum-along. While most of the great choruses of the 20th century -- from "Be My Baby" to "Livin' on a Prayer" to "I Want It That Way" -- have gotten their decades of due, we felt it was time that to start figuring out the new canon: Which choruses from this century will have the power to get a bar full of strangers singing in unison at the top of their lungs decades from now?

We voted, we debated, and we have our answers: Billboard's list of the 100 greatest choruses of the 21st century, ranked by no metric other than the songs that most immediately came to mind when thinking about everything that a great chorus should be -- clever, catchy, singular, and utterly unforgettable. And perhaps most importantly: When you see the song title, does the chorus immediately jump to mind, not to leave anytime soon? If so, it's the right song for this list. (We considered songs from near the turn of the millennium eligible as long as they peaked on the Hot 100 in the '00s.)

Read on to see our ranking -- skip right to the chorus of each song in our embedded YouTube link, and check out our full Spotify playlist at the bottom -- but make sure your coworkers (or more judgmental friends) are out of earshot first: It's only gonna get harder as we go to resist singing along."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7768061/100-greatest-choruses-21st-century

Our Lady makes the list twice -  #50 for Born This Way and #17 for Bad Romance. 

That said, really shocked that Poker Face didn't make the cut?! It has one of the most recognizable and popular choruses this century. Also, Edge Of Glory, Alejandro and Telephone have way better choruses than the majority of the songs on here. In my opinion, All of Gaga's singles (at least the ones that charted in the top 20), should be here! 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joemayzzin

Born this way chorus speaks for itself, period. Bad Romance has her name it which is iconic in its own right, another day another slay for Gags :golfclap:

boobtank

Billboard trying to get in Gaga's good graces so she can cover the Summer 2017 cover

DYxZM.gif

I don't think they were allowed to give Gaga that fanservice, but boy am I surprised Just Dance didn't make the list. It's her biggest song in the states and it's one of her few party anthems where the chorus outshines the hook imo.

leecy
4 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

Closer has a chorus? :neyde:

I stopped reading the list after seeing that "song"

YeehawKylie

Honestly, if Can't Get You Out of My Head and Bad Romance were chosen as the two catchiest songs of all time, I quite honestly don't understand how neither of them are in the Top 5...:nails:

alextruper17

I love you Carly Rae but why are you topping this chart? :awkney:

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

leecy
Just now, PerfectIllusion said:

Is Venus #1 ? Otherwise the list is cancelled :nails:

I guess Million Reasons is #1?
did someone really go through the whole list?

Archived