💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Rock legends Bob Weir & Trey Anastasio cover "Million Reasons"!

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15

On Saturday, Wanee Festival at the Spirit of Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida, saw Trey Anastasio play a performance with Trey Anastasio Band and the Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir perform with his Campfire Band later in the evening. These two artists ended up coming together during Weir’s set, putting on a magical acoustic duet segment for awe-struck fans. To end things off, Bob and Trey took a quick pause, huddling together on stage and with Trey visibly grinning before the duo launched into their last song, a cover of Lady Gaga’s “A Million Reasons,” a debut for both guitarists, who swapped verses throughout. 

The Grateful Dead and Phish musicians took the stage together for a short, stripped-down set, swapping vocals on the song's verses and giving a combined effort on the chorus. The two quickly conferred with one another before launching into the Joanne track, with Weir first taking lead on the moving lyrics.

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/trey-anastasio-bob-weir-wanee/

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7768113/bob-weir-trey-anastasio-million-reasons-lady-gaga-wanee-festival-2017

Zilla

THIS IS AMAZING

:giveup:

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

junolxf

Yes, bitch. Keep the song alive until the Grammys. :excited2:

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Economy

Crazy how many covers this song inspired from youtube, to competition shows to regular artists covering it

arguably her most cultural impacting song since Born This Way!!! :applause: 

CannaeDrive

They have great taste, obviously.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Sister

It sounds very perfect for them. I Love it and this sort of puts a direct stamp upon the song beyond Lady Gaga, of it really being well written of pure root meaning and sure fire classic material.

Praise~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

En_Sabah_Nur

This was pretty awful!  Barely thought I could even make it to the end, but I did only because it's MR...  :whitney:

Egypt. W

Fernster7

Million Reasons is just the gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait for the Grammy's. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Jigglygoth

It sounds cute, perhaps lacking in the vocal department, but they adapted it well into their style IMO. I like the few lines they added as well.  

Really shows how universal and respected her music is :diane:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

DeanWinchester

I almost double posted this. What an amazing cover and exposure for MR! Proof that it is bound to be a classic, and Joanne has that timeless sound that fits in well alongside other 70s-80s classic rock/country/folk sound

:tony:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester

I wish Gaga sees this and--I can't believe I'm saying this--I hope they perform the song together with Gaga able to keep up with the guitar

:pray:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Varo Yan

ROLLING STONE: Watch Bob Weir, Trey Anastasio Cover Lady Gaga's 'Million Reasons'

Grateful Dead, Phish guitarists performed acoustic duo version of 'Joanne' ballad at Florida's Wanee Festival

The Grateful Dead's Bob Weir welcomed Phish's Trey Anastasio onstage for a five-song set during Florida festival Wanee. The duo performed material from their respective bands, alongside one surprising cover: Lady Gaga's "Million Reasons."

The guitarists played the song on acoustic guitars, alternating lead and harmony vocals. The arrangement was a bit shaky, as they fumbled repeatedly with the chord progression – even prompting a few chuckles from Anastasio throughout. But when they locked in, the jam band veterans drew out a satisfyingly earthier angle on Gaga's Joanne ballad.

MORE: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-bob-weir-trey-anastasio-cover-lady-gagas-million-reasons-w478390

Archived