💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Is ''The Cure' a Bold New Step, or Necessary Course Correction?

FinnishGypsy

Featured Posts

Dirtyicecreamz
48 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Everything about this paragraph is spot-on. Gaga's signature touch is nowhere to be found on "The Cure".

With regards to the article as a whole, I have no idea what Gaga is doing. I can only assume that Interscope pressured her to release a bland pop track to satisfy the fans who weren't taken by Joanne, for whatever reason. It seemed to me that she was very proud of Joanne at the time of it's release, and rightfully so, but now she is paying it dust. Very odd.

I think Gaga is just trying to regain mainstream popularity with a cute summer-ish song that will please the GP & fans. People are blowing it a bit out of proportion. Gaga is very strategic & knows that by releasing a safe song like TC, the odds that it will flop are very very low. We don't realize it but songs such as Bad Romance, Judas, Telephone, Alejandro are all singles that could have easily flopped because they are so experimental. It was a WW success because, at that time, she could release the weirdest tracks and they would sell like crazy. Now, she's not on top of the world anymore so she has to find a way to re-gain the GP's attention before hopefully releasing more 'gaga-esque' tracks once she has that attention back. 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

2 hours ago, Rescued said:

The Cure is a generic forgettable summer bop, and while I really like it for what it is, I hope it's not attached to any larger project because any project where that song fits is not a project I'd want to hear. :awkney:

Hopefully it's a one-off thing to keep her relevant with mainstream media. And hipefully it works. 

I'm sorry, but Joanne is something that divided this fanbase, that created the biggest meltdown in this fanbase for the people who waited for a Lady Gaga album, not for a Joanne one, Joanne is something that half of the fanbase, most likely including the ones who praised it at the beginning, have already forgotten about it, the GP can't even be mentioned here. Get over that album, it's done and it was a mistake she should have never done. Ok, no one have ever denied her versatility, it's fine not to be on trends and create what you want, but let's remember one more time what kind of artist she is, including all the things here. Joanne was almost nothing like Lady Gaga, as she almost said, Joanne was an album released by Joanne, not by Lady Gaga, the artist we've been stanning for all these years. I don't get you, the people who drag The Cure down just because it's a Pop song. Lady Gaga means Pop. Just because it's has some sort of a tropical sound or whatever you call it and it's something more mainstream that Joanne, it doesn't mean at all that TC is trash. If we think a beat, maybe it was Gaga's first choice, maybe TC was planned to be the first single from Pop-RedOne-Joanne. 

People, get over that album. An EP/Album was almost confirmed by DJWS, Gaga said she had been in the studio for a period of time, a new era is coming. Don't kill it already just because you think TC is not good because it can be played everywhere and people can really enjoy that song everywhere around the world. Really. It's Gaga's best song since Applause maybe.

Sakrai
8 hours ago, Boti said:

I'm sorry, but Joanne is something that divided this fanbase, that created the biggest meltdown in this fanbase for the people who waited for a Lady Gaga album, not for a Joanne one, Joanne is something that half of the fanbase, most likely including the ones who praised it at the beginning, have already forgotten about it, the GP can't even be mentioned here. Get over that album, it's done and it was a mistake she should have never done. Ok, no one have ever denied her versatility, it's fine not to be on trends and create what you want, but let's remember one more time what kind of artist she is, including all the things here. Joanne was almost nothing like Lady Gaga, as she almost said, Joanne was an album released by Joanne, not by Lady Gaga, the artist we've been stanning for all these years. I don't get you, the people who drag The Cure down just because it's a Pop song. Lady Gaga means Pop. Just because it's has some sort of a tropical sound or whatever you call it and it's something more mainstream that Joanne, it doesn't mean at all that TC is trash. If we think a beat, maybe it was Gaga's first choice, maybe TC was planned to be the first single from Pop-RedOne-Joanne. 

People, get over that album. An EP/Album was almost confirmed by DJWS, Gaga said she had been in the studio for a period of time, a new era is coming. Don't kill it already just because you think TC is not good because it can be played everywhere and people can really enjoy that song everywhere around the world. Really. It's Gaga's best song since Applause maybe.

ok first I never dragged The Cure. I even said I liked it on my original post.
Second, you don't get to define who Lady Gaga is and what music she's supposed to do. How f*cking dare you. It's completely beyond me how people like you can be so self entitled as to think they can decide what is right or wrong for Gaga to create. It's honestly so disrespectful to say that Joanne was a mistake, when it's something so important to Gaga, and for which she spent so much of her energy, time, and dedication, and which she undoubtedly loves.
Third, Joanne didn't create a big meltdown in this fanbase. It was a hiccup at best. We've had true meltdown moments and Joanne was definitely not one of them. If you think Joanne was the biggest meltdown you clearly haven't been here long enough. Which makes sense, considering how utterly disrespectful you are to Gaga.

You're the one who has to get over the fact that not everybody hates Joanne as much as you do. Some of us actually respect Gaga and the things that she creates.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

perfillusion

Oh my god they never analyze anything that other artists do except Gaga because she's so versatile. Wow a queen.

xoxo Craig

The Cure was Gaga showing everyone that she can still make a hit, that she is still as versatile in the music industry as what she is, and to make a fun song that everyone can bop to. It wasnt a course correction, but I'm glad they stan it!! 

Go buy/stream The Cure now

End Racism Now

Kalinda

I think The Cure might just be Gaga's attempt to have something radio/streaming-friendly out there for the spring/summer, nothing more, and this song is more likely to succeed than a third Joanne single. I don't think it's an indication of what her next project might sound like (although who knows, it might be) and I don't believe it's evidence that she's ready to release more, maybe even an EP, in the coming months.

As far as course correction, I love Joanne but it was obviously not the type of record that would do insane numbers. I do believe it was the record Gaga needed to make for herself at that time, though, and now that she's got it out of her system, she's ready to move on, maybe in a direction many originally expected for LG5.

VforVendetta

It definitely is far too bland-pop for Gaga.

I hope that if the song is successful we will get another Joanne single after it...

bloody g

You can never expect the obvious on Gaga. And literally no one expected The Cure or its sound from her.

I'm happy she is trying new stuff and that she has decided to (at least, try) to conquer the world again with her mainstream music.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

MelbHawker

I don't think it's course correction because Joanne has not damaged her brand at all - if anything, it's strengthened it. Sure the album wasn't a SMASH, but Joanne sold well and had the added exposure of the Super Bowl to it's advantage. I think people are seeing her as more of a 'talented' pop star now, as opposed to the 'shocking' pop star she was received as at the beginning of her career.

I think The Cure will serve her well going into the Tour because of it's mass appeal and catchy, fun lyrics and tune. There's nothing wrong with the song, and I think she'd do well by sending it to radio. 

4 hours ago, Rescued said:

ok first I never dragged The Cure. I even said I liked it on my original post.
Second, you don't get to define who Lady Gaga is and what music she's supposed to do. How f*cking dare you. It's completely beyond me how people like you can be so self entitled as to think they can decide what is right or wrong for Gaga to create. It's honestly so disrespectful to say that Joanne was a mistake, when it's something so important to Gaga, and for which she spent so much of her energy, time, and dedication, and which she undoubtedly loves.
Third, Joanne didn't create a big meltdown in this fanbase. It was a hiccup at best. We've had true meltdown moments and Joanne was definitely not one of them. If you think Joanne was the biggest meltdown you clearly haven't been here long enough. Which makes sense, considering how utterly disrespectful you are to Gaga.

You're the one who has to get over the fact that not everybody hates Joanne as much as you do. Some of us actually respect Gaga and the things that she creates.

First of all, Gaga is not a sort of God for me and she doesn't govern my entire life, situation which I've seen here. I, you and everyone has the right to like something or not, even if that thing comes from one's fav artist, it just doesn't mean one has to like something because Gaga released it, in this particular case. Then, you should have paid more attention to the reactions of almost everyone when The Cure was released. Both on Gagadaily and ATRL the majority of people started do drag Joanne. Another thing, I'm not judging Gaga, I judge his art, I have this right and I'm not disrespectful at all. Let me state one more time that everyone has the right to judge the music, in this particular case, judging a person is something I don't agree with also, but this is totally another thing. I have a life, I have reason, just like you and everyone else, and this give me the right to do it, because that's why we have reason, to make use of it. And I stated some things about Joanne on the basis of her previous work and on the basis of who she has proved she is, a Pop artist and this doesn't mean success, if you plan to bring success in this discussion.

Kermit the frog

It's the exact opposite of "bold", it's pandering to lowest quality mainstream sh*t. Even despite a pleasant melody and vocals.

ThattGuy

I think TC is generic & sounds like everything else on the radio. Perhaps that was her point in releasing it tho.

It sounds forced, like she was trying to write something that would get airplay, so she gave into writing in a style that isn't her, but knew would get radio reception.

That being said, I don't dislike it, but if it wasn't Gaga, I would not give this song the time of day.

Archived