💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Anthony Fantano does not like The Cure

POP2

Featured Posts

Boyboi12
2 minutes ago, symphonia said:

Yeah i'll keep supporting her and i hope the song will be successful but i think it's sad that she has to lower herself to get a hit...

:gaysia: you do realize when your on a record label you have to listen to your bosses or get the boot!!!!! She doesn't have as much power as you may think 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

First of all, talking about Gaga's releases already shows how Anthony Fantano respects her and acknowledges her work as something worth listening to. He doesn't review many pop stars.

Secondly, he is a very respected and respectful music reviewer. He rarely talks trash about the person behind the music, he tries to be as unbiased as possible. He was really, really mean while reviewing "Born This Way", which I thought was unnecessary. But he gave a chance to ARTPOP and Joanne.

Thirdly, he's right. "The Cure" is the most generic pop song a major pop artist has released over the last two years. I can't even put my finger on ti, it's something between the tropical pop Bieber brought with his last album, the chorus has some of that 80's dance-pop feeling that Carly Rae Jepsen's brought with her Emotion, and probably some of that vocal sleazyness from Ariana's Dangerous Woman. Three good pop albums, but a bland result.

Decodekid

He's right, it is generic, but I don't think that makes the song a "bad", it has great vocals and very good chorus imo. Also it was made for only one purpose, and we all know what it is so :sure:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Jed said:

i think the song was made cos Gaga is an artist and is always making new music. If you check out KWORB it's doing horribly right now so idk if you're gonna get the ending you want here.

Your life will be so much easier when you don't need someone else to be number one on an increasingly irrelevant chart

Let me love thanks :lolly:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

DeanWinchester

It's true. But I am also aware this is to bridge herself into the streaming industry which will allow her to be more experimental in the future and be more influential to the next generation.

This one song does not invalidate her whole discography full of risks and curveballs. She can and will do them again in the future.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

BloodyJudas

Who cares about him ? It's not like he's relevant. Who's there to say what is good and what is not ? If you like a particular song/artist/genre , go for it and do not be affected by some wanna-be critics. 

he said on several occasions that he likes gaga

and i have to agree with him

the song is basic for her standarts (i still love it and have it on repeat)

and anybody who says his opinion is invalid.

its not he has great taste in music and he obviously knows what he is talking about

A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory... a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream.

Killa
11 hours ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

Interesting. My life feels changed by this revelation

giphy.gif

omg who is this power ranger cosplay inspired slow motion death omg what is this

TheGagaOfItAll

That Melon is an idiot who does absolutely nothing right in any of his reviews and fanboys DEATH GRIPS all day. I could care less. :classy:

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

I think that the majority of us like the song cause Gaga made it, we can't really speak our opinion without bias :nails: Even if I like The Cure, I agree with everything that he said.

Moebius
13 hours ago, Evan Peters said:

she wouldn't need a basic bop if you assholes bought her music !!

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Fiona Apple
14 hours ago, GrigioBoys said:
It was on the Worst Track part of the video... It he called it generic and bland. Did we expect anything else though? He's not a huge fan of Gaga in the first place but liked her when she branched out on Joanne and tried something new.

Cut the ****ing crap. It's not like he is negatively biased towards Gaga. He just has opinions (that are correct 99% of the times imo). He gave ARTPOP also a 6 which is pretty high for his standards

Also the song is basic generic and bland 

Archived