review

LA Weekly: "Huge Letdown"

ReidOne

Featured Posts

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heygirl

they can choke. she wanted to put on a show that would catch the feel of coachella........ ahh im so sick of this bull shite

be kind guys

Prada

We all go through things we don't deserve.

but this hatred against Gaga is more than anything ever seen.

They don't expect Rihanna Beyonce or any other star to sell as they did 10 years ago.

but Gaga should..she has to...

And they have no eye to see that she's selling enough.Monsters alone enough for Gaga.

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE SADDEST PART?

Music she's doing right now is really beautiful,ARTPOP was really good too.They don't try to listen.They are biased.These people are zombies without opinion,they can only accept whats popular.Gaga has to be the most streamed artist otherwise she'll be made fun.

I wish music was bad so they would be right..

Kermit the frog

I do think that she's still not able to be truly Born this way, she herself is not able to internalise the message that helped a lot of people see the truth.

Feels like she's been consumed by success and hunger for fame. The more you get, the more you crave it I guess. I doubt anyone in the modern era can compare in terms of general craze (I'm not talking about teenage girls screaming for JB/One direction) that she has caused in 2009-2011. She herself will probably not be able to do so ever again either. 

And you guys really need to start commenting on the actual content instead of dismissing anything that criticizes her. This forum has become a gutter for insecure people who live their life vicariously through Gaga and can't cope with the fact that she's not on the top as she used to be.

Slayer

Shame on Gaga for wanting to do an up-tempo remix at a f*cking festival. :ladyhaha:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Whispering

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I do believe Gaga is often held to different standards. It's a shame. Whatever, she put on a good show!

Gaga is a performer who is vocally exceptional, writes her own songs, plays instruments, dances, and presents her performances in a visually interesting way...it's not a combination that's all that common with today's artists. 

Slayer

"I live for the applause, applause, applause," appear on a huge karaoke screen. The entire song is performed by a teleprompter. It's her most on-the-nose song about the need for fandom, and it's extraordinarily spooky that there's no figure to receive our accolades. It's as if Gaga isn't sure whether the adulation is really what she wants any more."

:oprah:

LA Weekly thinks everything is cryptic.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Neight Shayde
3 hours ago, Kermit the frog said:

Feels like she's been consumed by success and hunger for fame. The more you get, the more you crave it I guess. I doubt anyone in the modern era can compare in terms of general craze (I'm not talking about teenage girls screaming for JB/One direction) that she has caused in 2009-2011. She herself will probably not be able to do so ever again either. 

How?

didn't she just release a total left field folk/country-tinged album (that alienated her pop fans and kinda confused the public) that all other mainstream pop artists wouldn't dare make?

I don't think making and releasing Joanne would be the smartest idea if she was THAT desperate for fame, especially after everything that happened during ARTPOP.

umm sorry did ANY of you listen to what she said during the prince william headstogether interview? Sometimes she wakes up and feels so mentally exhausted she can't go on stage.

Kermit the frog
12 hours ago, BrothaGaga said:

How?

didn't she just release a total left field folk/country-tinged album (that alienated her pop fans and kinda confused the public) that all other mainstream pop artists wouldn't dare make?

I don't think making and releasing Joanne would be the smartest idea if she was THAT desperate for fame, especially after everything that happened during ARTPOP.

That album was VERY safe, clearly made for the american public. She cannot live with the thought that there can be at least one person on the planet that's not into her in some way. She's diluting herself to become universally likable. 

Neight Shayde
1 hour ago, Kermit the frog said:

That album was VERY safe, clearly made for the american public. She cannot live with the thought that there can be at least one person on the planet that's not into her in some way. She's diluting herself to become universally likable. 

I'd have to disagree because that doesn't make sense.

Getting universally liked does not equal to having the ultimate level of fame and success that she had before. 

Releasing "The Cure" was arguably safe, but not Joanne. Joanne was never a safe album. Releasing a left field indie-ish album that people wouldn't expect from you isn't safe. "Safe" is returning back to her pop roots and releasing another "The Fame" or "The Fame Monster". 

I'm sure the american public would have loved TF/TFM gaga to come back. The RedOne tracks wouldn't have been thrown into the bin if she wanted to be safe and to be "back".

Archived