💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

LA Weekly: "Huge Letdown"

ReidOne

Featured Posts

The Surrealist
1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

but what do you mean by this. what did she do at coachella to make you think this way?

It's a quote. :rip:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFame Monster
10 minutes ago, baptism said:

Don't people go to Coachella to have s good time not cry to MR on piano? 

Wasn't Joanne one of the best selling albums if 2016?

Literally tabloid garbage.

3021416-inline-teaisgoodforyou.gif

creeves

I think the review is pretty fair. I've been plagued by some thoughts about the Coachella performances and this captures some of them nicely.

The remix of MR is weird. She rarely performs remixes of her songs. MR too down tempo for Coachella? Thn why does she do Speechless, You and I, and TEOG acoustic? 

Her vocals are better than ever, her dancing is great, but she's making mistakes. Her between-song speeches are awkward. She forgets words to her own songs and sings them off-time. She seems distracted. 

Emigrante
3 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

It's a quote. :rip:

yes I know it's a quote, but he added that he had the same conclusion. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

RonnieGagz

"Sheisse"

Kill me please :toofunny:

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

Killa
1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

but what do you mean by this. what did she do at coachella to make you think this way?

I still haven't heard yesterday concert, the videos i saw she was slaying. But i was watching artrave just the other day, and since born this way it's everything about being supportive of us, and the outcasts and it a mantra, it's a way to carry out the show and connect with the audience because it works. But it can be exhausting, and she was confused and had a hard time dealing with the audience that aren't crazy for her

"Perhaps she doesn't know what it is to be Gaga without being under a spotlight." this is what i've agreed with this whole article the most. Which shows insecurity.

macca
10 minutes ago, viniferrett said:

Joanne worked so wys? 

I wouldnt say it was that successful sales were good, singles success mediocre. Million reasons was only a hit in US after Super Bowl but not worldwide. I agree with the original comment that she's probably been told she needs new bops to conquer streaming and worldwide success again.

sipthistea

Although I agree with the Million Reasons part, I don't think it was a "huge letdown". 

It was a good show. 

CannaeDrive

This copy sh!tter (I wont use the term journalist for a dude writing a line like It farts its way out of the sound system, the polar opposite of polishing a turd) should have removed that broomstick from his @ss before writing that sh!t. Seriously, people were enjoying this show and he is sticking to his own  little mediocre idea of what and who Gaga should be? No one cares.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

sipthistea
7 minutes ago, Killa said:

I still haven't heard yesterday concert, the videos i saw she was slaying. But i was watching artrave just the other day, and since born this way it's everything about being supportive of us, and the outcasts and it a mantra, it's a way to carry out the show and connect with the audience because it works. But it can be exhausting, and she was confused and had a hard time dealing with the audience that aren't crazy for her

"Perhaps she doesn't know what it is to be Gaga without being under a spotlight." this is what i've agreed with this whole article the most. Which shows insecurity.

You should listen to yesterday's concert.

Week 1 was difficult but Week 2 was good, she was more connected and focused. 

Killa
1 minute ago, sipthistea said:

You should listen to yesterday's concert.

Week 1 was difficult but Week 2 was good, she was more connected and focused. 

im listening right now and i'm bald already looooooooool

her voice is much better and you can really hear the instruments. I live for these versions. Love game was a killer

sirensofthedawn
14 minutes ago, Killa said:

how could she not be insecure? her career at this point feels more so a grab at "praise" and an overall goodwill towards her, rather than an artist pursuing their artistic vision. this is either do to the fact that she's simply uninspired, or she's caught in a limbo of appeasing the masses to maintain a steady career, even at the own risk of her brand "lady gaga the innovative risk-taker" being tainted. there's a reason she's played it safe for the past 3+ years. she's too afraid of losing her career to the pits of post ARTPOP enough to take the bold leaps she once could. she had nothing to lose before, while now she does. the "old gaga" that everyone pines for could never be sustainable if she wants mainstream success and relevancy. it's too risky - thus, we're left with an artist grappling at whatever they can to sell to their audience to keep herself in good praise. it's sad to see, but you have to understand where she's coming from. 

Lextyr97
3 minutes ago, Killa said:

im listening right now and i'm bald already looooooooool

her voice is much better and you can really hear the instruments. I live for these versions. Love game was a killer

Week 2 slayed so much harder than week 1 from what I saw

• Zilla locked this topic
  • Zilla unlocked this topic

Archived