Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Week With The Cure

2ndTimeAround

Featured Posts

2ndTimeAround

So i've been listening to The Cure for almost a week now, and by listened, it is the only song that I've been listening to, on repeat, every day.

The Cure for me, feels so powerful, I know some people have called it basic, and simple, and that Gaga can do better, but when you get down to the grit of it, it's simply quite the powerful song.

Gaga, through her music, is a story teller, from verse, to chorus, to verse, to chorus, the bridge, and one last chorus (generally speaking), Gaga tells a story. Whether Gaga is packing her baggage and, saying goodbye to family and friends in Gypsy, to washing his feet with her hair if he needs in Judas, Gaga has always been an amazing storyteller, which is why her previous MV's have been nothing short of amazing. 

We all yearned and worshiped the nature of almost every unreleased/demo song that found it's way onto the web (cue GGD username) while Second Time Around, Nothing On (But The Radio), No Way etc are all songs we adore, they are amazing in their own way that they are songs of feeling, rather than narrative songs.

This is why many of you see The Cure sitting well against STA and NOBTR, and I agree.

All over the web people have been comparing The Cure to the likes of The Chainsmokers, emphasizing the songs tropical theme, and while it does have small tropical influences, there is no way The Cure is generic rubbish like that. 

What differentiates The Cure from the rubbish you hear currently is first of all, the vocals and different in vocal ability, most music today is very one tone, the same note sung throughout the whole song, and basically pretty bland. Gaga in The Cure starts off with a sultry smooth voice in the verses which we haven't heard much, so its refreshing, and then hits us with a huge chorus where the tempo sneaks up there and you cant help but bop to it, as hard as you may resist, there is no denying the hook in this song will get you moving.

And if i've picked up anything from this song, is that is much more R&B influenced more than anything, and I think thats what makes it nostalgic and refreshing, 100% pure pop vocals, but it feels so R&B. I love the way she sings "Promise i'll always be there" in the chorus, gives me c h i l l s

The Cure is fun, it gives you a bit of feeling, it makes you want to sing it out loud, sounds GREAT up loud in the car and it is so damn hard to get out of your head because it is so catchy. Literally, I was having $exxx the other night and I was singing the cure in my head :sharon:

The Surrealist

The Cure is R&B and not tropical house. Everybody who doesn't get it is deaf.

Werk
6 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

The Cure is R&B and not tropical house. Everybody who doesn't get it is deaf.

It's not even house to start with :sharon:

ComeToMama

Okay i stopped reading after the first paragraph because that post is way too long, 

but, yes, it slays for me too. 

:rockstar:

Edonis

'The Cure' cured me of 2017 OXp8l_s-200x150.gif

And it's one of her best songs vocally

OXp8l_s-200x150.gif

facts only 

OXp8l_s-200x150.gif

hausofkc

I don't see how y'all listen to it all day every day. I'm good if I hear it a few times a day. 

inuborg
7 minutes ago, hausofkc said:

I don't see how y'all listen to it all day every day. I'm good if I hear it a few times a day. 

*Once a day.

It literally has zeroooooo personality. It sounds like everything else that has come out in pop in the last 5 years. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

hausofkc
Just now, inuborg said:

*Once a day.

It literally has zeroooooo personality. It sounds like everything else that has come out in pop in the last 5 years. 

I don't mind it. I listen around 4 or so times but i'm usually in the car or cleaning. Too much overplay makes a song just die too quick for me.

lego

I love live version more because of her "YES" harmonies:wub:

Spoiler

(is that how you call them idk :gum: )

FreePalestine

2ndTimeAround
1 minute ago, inuborg said:

*Once a day.

But from Gaga, it sounds refreshing and different because literally she goes against the grain of pop music and has never followed the trend, so when she does, it feels very different coming from her

juju

Absolutely love it. How her vocals go from soft to bombastic, it's euphoric.

❤ x ❤

AlexanderLevi2
54 minutes ago, inuborg said:

*Once a day.

Meh, I love the song and it sounds different the more I listen to it :classy:

Currently listening to Joanne

Archived