Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Differences between Arena and Stadium shows?

ChristianSaad

Featured Posts

ChristianSaad

What do you think the differences will be between the Arena and Stadium shows? I think there's 4 venues that are stadiums. In San Francisco it's AT&T Park.

Here's what I think so far:
-Arena shows -> ga floor: extra stages on the floor, similar to artrave or btwball
-Stadium shows -> seated floor: fireworks?; probably no extra stages

Bradley

For the artRAVE, arena shows were given the complete stage whereas stadium shows could only tolerate a compromised stage.

Arena:

LADY%20GAGA%2004%20%C2%A9%20Steve%20Jenn

Stadium:

Bx7Bt7-CMAE-D6l.jpg

Mindblown
1 minute ago, iCpro said:

One is at an arena, the other at a stadium :poot:

Theres simply more than just that. Arena's are made for concerts, lighting can be hanged from the ceiling and stages can be almost anywhere. Stadiums need something for the lighting to be hanged from meaning the lighting can be drastically changed.  Fog is also another issue with outdoor shows which again affects the lighting. She's performing at a baseball stadium and I don't think they'd allow her to put any of  her rumored extra stages over the baseball diamond. A lot of her artrave shows that were outside didn't have the catwalks which in return changes the show and the feeling of the show. Also it could get cancelled if there was a storm, since its outside. Theres supposedly no GA for the stadiums as well, even though I seen GA tickets on third party sites which completely confuses me. 

tomdsgn

Definitely not seated floors at arenas haha, Jesus! The only people who have seated floors at arenas are artists who most of their target audience are children. 

I went to see Rihanna at the ANTI world tour in a stadium and it was amazing. I was in the gold circle and got high as a mother ****er about 10 meters from Rihanna 🙌

ChristianSaad
4 minutes ago, tomdsgn said:

Definitely not seated floors at arenas haha, Jesus! The only people who have seated floors at arenas are artists who most of their target audience are children. 

I went to see Rihanna at the ANTI world tour in a stadium and it was amazing. I was in the gold circle and got high as a mother ****er about 10 meters from Rihanna 🙌

pass the blunt sis   :ladyhaha:

Nicole

Echoing can be a problem in stadiums as can the use of fire/fireworks/sparkler things - if there's no wind the smoke will hang around and be a nuisance. 

Arenas are more personal tbh as well. 

synched

Arenas are a better experience tbh. Stadiums are always a mess and the show loses it's personal feeling.

I hate the fact that my ArtRAVE was at a stadium. The stage literally looked like crap compared to her other tours. I wish I got to see the arena version at least, which is still crappier compared to TMB and the BTWB stages tbh :nails:

Oh and if you thought that the ArtRave mermaid "castle" looked cool, you should see that inflatable mess up close from the first row. It looked cheap and a lil bit dirty lol

edit: i keep editing this post but i just remembered how cheap looking the piano at the ArtRAVE was too. I was very close to it and it looked like a cheap made toy. I was kinda disappointed by the production.

HOTNebraskaGuy
2 hours ago, definthejam said:

Arenas are a better experience tbh. Stadiums are always a mess and the show loses it's personal feeling.

I hate the fact that my ArtRAVE was at a stadium. The stage literally looked like crap compared to her other tours. I wish I got to see the arena version at least, which is still crappier compared to TMB and the BTWB stages tbh :nails:

Oh and if you thought that the ArtRave mermaid "castle" looked cool, you should see that inflatable mess up close from the first row. It looked cheap and a lil bit dirty lol

edit: i keep editing this post but i just remembered how cheap looking the piano at the ArtRAVE was too. I was very close to it and it looked like a cheap made toy. I was kinda disappointed by the production.

Damn I thought this thread was about Arenas vs Staduims not roasting the ArtRAVE... 

tumblr_oombf6o5E41qff2ilo4_400.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Slayer
4 hours ago, iCpro said:

One is at an arena, the other at a stadium :poot:

Cackling. :laughga:

For me, I much preferred the stadium show (BTW) to the arena show (TFM) because it was so much more impressive in terms of the set pieces, the audience size, and the energy of the audience and everyone on stage. I think Gaga and the dancers just put in more effort because they were performing to a much larger crowd.

3 hours ago, definthejam said:

Take your negativity and leave this place. :interestinga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

WildAmerican

I'm seeing JWT at Wrigley, and it's my first Gaga concert. I hope it'll be good at a Stadium..... :'(

itsdominik
6 hours ago, definthejam said:

the castle was an inflatable balloon

synched
17 hours ago, austriamonster said:

the castle was an inflatable balloon

Yes that's what i said

20 hours ago, Slayer said:

Cackling. :laughga:

For me, I much preferred the stadium show (BTW) to the arena show (TFM) because it was so much more impressive in terms of the set pieces, the audience size, and the energy of the audience and everyone on stage. I think Gaga and the dancers just put in more effort because they were performing to a much larger crowd.

Take your negativity and leave this place. :interestinga:

The post came off as negative but i'm just jealous because i didn't get to attend The Monster Ball or the Born This Way Ball lol

(I'm bitter so i'm hating on poor sis ArtRave :toofunny:)

itsdominik
6 hours ago, RebelHeart311 said:

What dates are Stadiums?

New York (August 28 & August 29th), Boston (September 1st & September 2nd), San Francisco (August 13th), Chicago (August 25th)

Archived