Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
traditional art

My first colored pencil portrait

kihlophix

Featured Posts

kihlophix

I'm really bad at titles.... anyway, even though I'm having a nervous breakdown posting this, I'll do it anyway. I know it doesn't 100% look like mother monster because I messed up a lot (best part of messing up is learning from it!). But I had so much fun drawing this and since it's my first colored pencil portrait, I wanted to show you all. (I also need to stop lurking all the time and be more social....)

Quasi

Beautiful. :sara:

My one critique however, is that the hair line seems a bit too sharp. Some blending there to makes the hair seem like its becoming thicker once you move up the head would make the picture a bit more realistic. However, with that being said, your art looks stunning and your contouring is on point! :flutter:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

kihlophix
Just now, Quasi said:

Beautiful. :sara:

My one critique however, is that the hair line seems a bit too sharp. Some blending there to makes the hair seem like its becoming thicker once you move up the head would make the picture a bit more realistic. However, with that being said, your art looks stunning and your contouring is on point! :flutter:

Oh god, hair is the thing I need to work on, I give up all to soon when it comes to hair :giggle: thank you for your critique!

Irrelevant

I like it!  but why are there two necks? was that a mistake? :oprah:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

It looks awesome especially for your first coloured pencil portrait! :golfclap:

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

VOLANTIS

This is really incredible. You say you messed it up but I really can't see it. I actually love how complex it is while looking so natural. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Panchecco

Good job! I mean you are already amazing at black&white portraits so this "first colored pencil portrait" was going to be amazing no matter what 

:hug::heart:

kihlophix
2 hours ago, redhoodieslime said:

I like it!  but why are there two necks? was that a mistake? :oprah:

it's because the pencils are covering the throat and makes it look funky. I didn't even see it until you pointed it out :tongue:

and to everyone else, thank you for the kind words :) :wub:

Archived