💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why would The Cure be a buzz single?

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Abramovic

I think she did a deal with er label. They promised her that she can do everything in her Joanne era when she releases also all the other more commercial pop songs which she first rejected. :nails:

I don't know why this makes sense for me but I think there was always this plan for 2017. It makes absolutely sense when you think about the Super Bowl and her popularity in 2017. She is on top again and the critics are praising her :tony:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panchecco
2 minutes ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Same with these. Releasing a single new sound that's popular, for no reason other than namesake, is stupid and the most attention seeking thing she's done in years. The only way she can balance it out, is releasing an EP. No, it's not obvious, because most artists do not do this, and Gaga has never done this… in the middle of an era too. 

artists releases buzz singles/songs all the time and actually music mainly sells through singles nowadays, if an album gets released without singles (or any visuals) it's probably gonna flop unless the artist is extremely popular or is making a come-back (but that's still not enough in some cases)

oh and when exactly releasing something new for her fans to enjoy has become "stupid and attention seeking"? Especially since the majority of people low-key hated Joanne and its sounds and demanded PopGa back. like wtf? :huh:

If Beyoncé never got pregnant and Gaga never had to replace her, she probably wouldn't have released "The Cure" now. She released it specifically because of Coachella - which is a big place to promote new releases and to promote your music in general

I mean I honestly don't get why you and some other people feel like a new single is "pointless" without an album, it's almost like whatever gaga does is never gonna be enough for us. Just enjoy the song and don't get too hyped up about the EP, if it happens good for us if it doesn't she still gave us a fresh new song to jam to this summer:madge:

Sirius094

Yaaas, I was waiting for LG6 since the release of Joanne,  I even wrote in my rank :diane:

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

QueenTam

I agree.

She spent 2 monhts in studio with DJWS. WHY? She was making a lot of songs and it would be a great idea to re-release Joanne with a pop EP because she is really busy right now with tour and ASIB and she probably wants to keep herself present on the radio,tv,news while she is busy with other side projects so people wont forget her. A long music break till 2018-2019 would hurt her look what happened to Katy Perry

On 4/21/2017 at 4:21 PM, ChaosAngelX69 said:

What exactly needs buzzing?

Her tour? Nope, sold out as hell. 

Her album? Nope, The Cure isn't on it, Joanne sold great for 2016 standards, and sounds like nothing to it. 

Her movie? Nope, it would have had the ASIB promo right on the single cover, like TIHTY and JT's CSTF did. 

Her career? Nope, the superbowl and coachella are widely acclaimed acts. She's relevant asf. 

There just isn't a Million Reasons for it.

tenor.gif

The the only thing left, would be a new EP coming right before the tour. Tragically, for those who hate The Cure, the video and six weeks of studio time DJWS had with Gaga that he couldn't with Joanne, spell more songs like with. I'm not here to explain why Gaga threw a wrench into a successful era, but why no go the full 9 yards? She also has with a new sound, voice, aesthetic and what else. 

LG6 is coming, sorry :classy:

It's just something to tide fans over.

River

Who cares?

It's a new song from Gaga..

Stop with the complains, like Gaga is some kind of indie artist that against the pop music.

Gaga was commercial since the beginning and she will always be.. so to complain that she released a stand alone single in the middle of an era is just stupid.. it's her career she can do wtf she wants with it.. if you don't like it, there are so many artists out there to stan for..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, River said:

Who cares?

It's a new song from Gaga..

Stop with the complains, like Gaga is some kind of indie artist that against the pop music.

Gaga was commercial since the beginning and she will always be.. so to complain that she released a stand alone single in the middle of an era is just stupid.. it's her career she can do wtf she wants with it.. if you don't like it, there are so many artists out there to stan for..

Don't get defensive. Y'all get triggered so easily omg when was I even attack the song. Mess. 

StarstruckIllusion
15 minutes ago, Doot said:

It's just something to tide fans over.

Then why is she promoting it like a lead single? She's trying to get it out as far as possible. A little song for the fans, would get the CLLG treatment :classy:

1 minute ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Then why is she promoting it like a lead single? She's trying to get it out as far as possible. A little song for the fans, would get the CLLG treatment :classy:

Wait...lol....did I miss something? Aside from her team tweeting to stream it, when did she promote it?

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20W

StarstruckIllusion
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Wait...lol....did I miss something? Aside from her team tweeting to stream it, when did she promote it?

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20W

She said her new "single", not demo for fans, was out "tonight @ midnight" at the end of her Coachella set

She changed her whole layout to the single art

Removed Joanne from all her profiles

Has tweeted all sorts promo things related to spotify

…and that is her alone. CLLG was pushed nowhere as hard as this on the radio, or even sent to iTunes.

Its not my fave promo, and we can hardly call it such, but she is trying the best she while she has to film ASIB all day.

this is such a new era idk how some still don't see it

bitchimtrying

Maybe she just wanted to put out a pop song and had that one read from the first version of LG5. I wouldn't read too much into it, she's too busy right now to be releasing an EP or LP.

5 minutes ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

She said her new "single", not demo for fans, was out "tonight @ midnight" at the end of her Coachella set

She changed her whole layout to the single art

Removed Joanne from all her profiles

Has tweeted all sorts promo things related to spotify

…and that is her alone. CLLG was pushed nowhere as hard as this on the radio, or even sent to iTunes.

Its not my fave promo, and we can hardly call it such, but she is trying the best she while she has to film ASIB all day.

this is such a new era idk how some still don't see it

Eh, I wouldn't read much into it. The "promo" stuff on her Twitter most likely isnt even her. I still think its just a buzz single, and hey, why not have her team promote it so she can gain some coin?

thedirtymonster

Guys, I tweeted @ gaga asking what The Cure is supposed to be, so I'm sure she'll clear all of this up for us ASAP. :toofunny:

GypsyBabe

Buzz single or no, I am just happy to have a new Lady Gaga song to add to my collection.  

tumblr_ofqunmQK911tq4of6o1_400.gif

Spoiler

But I do really hope that it is a precursor to an EP :icega:

⚯͛

Archived