Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why would The Cure be a buzz single?

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

What exactly needs buzzing?

Her tour? Nope, sold out as hell. 

Her album? Nope, The Cure isn't on it, Joanne sold great for 2016 standards, and sounds like nothing to it. 

Her movie? Nope, it would have had the ASIB promo right on the single cover, like TIHTY and JT's CSTF did. 

Her career? Nope, the superbowl and coachella are widely acclaimed acts. She's relevant asf. 

There just isn't a Million Reasons for it.

tenor.gif

The the only thing left, would be a new EP coming right before the tour. Tragically, for those who hate The Cure, the video and six weeks of studio time DJWS had with Gaga that he couldn't with Joanne, spell more songs like with. I'm not here to explain why Gaga threw a wrench into a successful era, but why no go the full 9 yards? She also has with a new sound, voice, aesthetic and what else. 

LG6 is coming, sorry :classy:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

and yes, there are still people who think it's a buzz single. check twitter lmao

:applause:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

shame

I have a feeling its either an EP or a greatest hits album 

angels forever, forever angels

Azor Ahai

LG6 is coming I agree. Maybe she will release another single late in August and drag the album release date for  until after the tour ends.

PartySick
3 minutes ago, ElectricAlley said:

I think it's to fix her streaming/radio support

Probably :sweat:

She does well with album sales and her shows almost always sell out but the music industry is being ruled by streaming forces. She and her team may be trying to release some streaming friendly bops, which I wouldn't hate tbh :lolly:

🖤

TimisaMonster

It's a buzz single to hopefully get a #1 hit single...isn't it obvious?

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Panchecco
11 minutes ago, Monsterious said:

to increase her streaming power

this 

I think she released The Cure for 3 reasons:
- have a commercial hit
- have a commercial hit that has #CoachellaVibes and a modern pop sound
- have a commercial hit that has #CoachellaVibes and a modern pop sound so monsters would stop  complaining about country etc... but apparently for some fans The Cure was too basic and predictable so they didn't like it #tragic :smh:

Spoiler

I actually think there are chances of an EP but I think this is not the right time for it because she would be busy for ASIB anyway

this summer before the tour would be a good moment imo

pdaines
23 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

I have a feeling its either an EP or a greatest hits album 

Greatest hits album would be timely. 

StarstruckIllusion
42 minutes ago, ElectricAlley said:

I think it's to fix her streaming/radio support

31 minutes ago, Monsterious said:

to increase her streaming power

Except the lead single of an album two years from now could have done that. Doesn't answer my question as to why she interrupted an era with a buzz single, if it's just for attention. 

33 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

It's a buzz single to hopefully get a #1 hit single...isn't it obvious?

21 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

this 

I think she released The Cure for 3 reasons:
- have a commercial hit
- have a commercial hit that has #CoachellaVibes and a modern pop sound
- have a commercial hit that has #CoachellaVibes and a modern pop sound so monsters would stop  complaining about country etc... but apparently for some fans The Cure was too basic and predictable so they didn't like it #tragic 

Reveal hidden contents

I actually think there are chances of an EP but I think this is not the right time for it because she would be busy for ASIB anyway

this summer before the tour would be a good moment imo

Same with these. Releasing a single new sound that's popular, for no reason other than namesake, is stupid and the most attention seeking thing she's done in years. The only way she can balance it out, is releasing an EP. No, it's not obvious, because most artists do not do this, and Gaga has never done this… in the middle of an era too. 

I thought she didn't care about the charts lol. For streaming power would be caring. It's an EP guys

misunderstood

I honestly am just thinking realistically and thinking of past events. It's just a standalone single most likely.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived