Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga’s Right-Hand Man, DJ WS, Makes More Than Just Pop Music

Varo Yan

Featured Posts

Rifek

BEST QUOTE OF THIS WEEK:

“You can’t expect somebody to stay stagnant,” Blair says. “If one day, I wear a superhero outfit and everyone says, ‘Oh my god, you look so hot today,’ I don’t put the same outfit on every day for the rest of the week. You’ve gotta try and do other stuff. But I still have that outfit; I’ll still put that on and look dope."

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EGOT2027

The headline should be that Gaga was in the studio with DJWS for 6 weeks. That's crazy 

Neight Shayde

His work on ARTPOP was amazing. The only problems I had with the album were the themes and the lyrics. 

GIVE ME EPICNESS PAUL!!

crisTEAne

"When she did Joanne, I was there all the time,” he recalls. “I was there listening to stuff and going over stuff. She was making a record that I knew I couldn’t really contribute to, but I was there and listening and talking about what it was and trying to figure out how to do things. I couldn’t contribute, but that didn’t stop us from being friends."

:wub:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, iWontBeTonight said:

The headline should be that Gaga was in the studio with DJWS for 6 weeks. That's crazy 

Seriously. I legit though it was going to be some boring puff piece about DJWS. I'm so stoked. Hope it's soon. 

5 minutes ago, Kefir said:

BEST QUOTE OF THIS WEEK:

“You can’t expect somebody to stay stagnant,” Blair says. “If one day, I wear a superhero outfit and everyone says, ‘Oh my god, you look so hot today,’ I don’t put the same outfit on every day for the rest of the week. You’ve gotta try and do other stuff. But I still have that outfit; I’ll still put that on and look dope."

AKA Gaga's entire career :sweat:

misunderstood

I wonder how many mis-informed fans will thank him for The Cure when he was only a co-writer. Detroit City and Nick Monson produced it.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

PropaGaga
2 minutes ago, alushlullaby said:

I wonder how many mis-informed fans will thank him for The Cure when he was only a co-writer. Detroit City and Nick Monson produced it.

He is part of Detroit City.

Bloody Matt
14 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Paul is great. I'm glad people are finally coming around to him after having meltdowns at the idea of him working on Joanne.

Ikr he's the most versatile of the producers she's worked with. He's fantastic. The fact that he spent six weeks in the studio with her recently gives me hope regarding what might be coming next.

Kalinda

This is so intriguing, I really want to know what she’s up to. I initially thought The Cure might just be a one-off and a nice surprise because she’ll be so busy with filming ASIB and then the JWT for the rest of the year, but it looks like she's definitely back to working on her next project.

merlot
22 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

That doesn't exclude him ;) 

I just hope it won't be a full DJWS produced project. But glad he's back ! I love The Cure :)  

i don't think so 

but i'm hoping 

Harry

“When she did Joanne, I was there all the time,” he recalls. “I was there listening to stuff and going over stuff. She was making a record that I knew I couldn’t really contribute to, but I was there and listening and talking about what it was and trying to figure out how to do things. I couldn’t contribute, but that didn’t stop us from being friends.”

I ****ing love this. It's great on his part and also Gaga's. Many producers - particularly ones like him that aren't particularly high profile - would've used this kind of opportunity just to get their name on a big project. I find him having the integrity to say he couldn't add anything to Joanne very admirable and he has gone way up in my estimation.

Harry
11 minutes ago, alushlullaby said:

Awks, he is one half of Detroit City

Archived