💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Fans sabotage Gaga's ASIB filming

HolyDelRey

Featured Posts

HolyDelRey

Day on the set of ASIB remake:

Gaga, going as her birth-given name, Stefani Germanotta, is Ally, the young talent whom Bradley Cooper's Jackson Maine takes under his wing. For the (very vocal) fans worried about Germanotta's acting or the music: don't. The music is top-notch, as far away from the dance-pop that Gaga once called her signature sound as possible, but in a nice rock/ballad/country league all its own. Think Fleetwo—actually, just wait and see. It sounded awesome.

Germanotta herself appeared to be everything you'd want someone like her to be: she was confident, assured, and strode around set as if every step was a pre-calculated beat. She snapped into the Ally character as easily as she slides through musical genres, her posture and attitude turning into Ally's nervous, overwhelmed ticks so fast that for the first half-hour I simply thought Gaga was nervous herself to be there. She wasn't: she was always in complete control of Ally's character. "You've been out all night," Ally belts out, "diggin' my grave!" Jackson looks at her like the lyrics are true. The level of character commitment is apparent when they'd shout "Cut!" and Ally would become Germanotta again, her posture straightening, her voice suddenly telling, not asking. 

The main issue: at more than one point in the day, both Germanotta and Cooper and the Assistant Director had to tell crowd members to stop holding signs either promoting "The Cure" (the superstar's latest hit single) or with "Gaga" written on them; fans cut lines, were rude to staff and crew and others, and generally did their best to try to break Germanotta's concentration. If anything, the "super-fans" were the biggest annoyance, putting their need for Gaga's attention over the fact that, you know, trying to sneak Gaga signs into a fake crowd of what is supposed to be Ally fans is just rude and wastes everyone's time. Or, as the Assistant Director sighed, "We can see the signs on the monitors." (Aka "the signs are in-frame so these takes are useless.")  

Gaga's weary missive to the crowd at one point: "Don't get mad at me, but please don't hold up 'The Cure' signs during filming." You can tell it's a constant for her — it must be tough to see that kind of behavior from fans you know mean well, and even tougher to have to criticize people who treat your words as gospel. She slips back into character, going through long takes of "Diggin' My Grave" with Cooper. 

Source: http://gagadaily.com/story/exclusive/on-the-set-a-star-is-born/

The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fanbase :air::air::air:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Literally came to this thread cause I have a friend who's a featured extra on set today too and thought fans had somehow ruined filming today. 

Instead it's you guys talking about the day I was there and the annoying super-fans, haha. 

Yeah, it was bad and kind of shocking. 

Just now, theARTVampire said:

Looks like they will have to cut out a lot of "yaases" xD

What people didn't realize is that they never recorded crowd audio. :toofunny:

gagagoogoose

I swear if this sabotages her acting and her chance at getting an Oscar.

tumblr_m1t5jjgDyD1r6z6y7.gif~c200

Archived