rumor

Joanne Wasn't The Original Album

Debithius

Featured Posts

Slayer
Just now, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Oh god.

Inb4 all the little joanne isn't countrysters come for your life :gum:

I agree, joanne does have its heavy country influences, and it was the absolute most random genre for her to explore. Hopefully it's out of her system 

Well, yeah, I'm not saying it is fully country, but it's heavily country-inspired pop.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Slayer said:

The same could be said for the C2C era. Why pander to medicaid geriatrics? It was such a weird move. But I think she is just trying to widen her fan base in general. She probably sees that she has a limited lifespan as a pop star. She needs people to see her as more than the silly girl who wears a meat dress and sings 'Poker Face'. I think that's why her last two albums have been a complete detour.

As much as I don't care for c2c, I think that was her just wanting to work with Tony, who wouldn't do electronic dance music, so she did what he's always done. 

You don't ask Tony Bennett to change his sound to fit yours, you change yours to fit his. 

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Slayer said:

Well, yeah, I'm not saying it is fully country, but it's heavily country-inspired pop.

Sis you know that doesn't matter, the minute they see the word 'country' they come for blood. 

I also think it's heavily country inspired. I'm not sure how anyone can hear it differently unless they truly just don't want to admit it and are grasping at straws 

Slayer

As much as I don't care for c2c, I think that was her just wanting to work with Tony, who wouldn't do electronic dance music, so she did what he's always done. 

You don't ask Tony Bennett to change his sound to fit yours, you change yours to fit his. 

True. I don't think C2C was a cynical career move to change her image after ARTPOP, because C2C was planned as far back as 2011. But I do think she made that era bigger and longer than it was supposed to be, as it was a really great way to repair her image. And there's nothing wrong with finding a new audience.

Slayer

Sis you know that doesn't matter, the minute they see the word 'country' they come for blood. 

I also think it's heavily country inspired. I'm not sure how anyone can hear it differently unless they truly just don't want to admit it and are grasping at straws 

Yeah, I mean... 'Sinner's Prayer'? How can anyone listen to that and not think country music. It's ridiculous.

brandonmercury

I'm honestly kinda shocked by all the sassy and rude comments monsters are making back at you for not being up to date on this information, sorry little monsters but not all of us are up gagas ass 24/7 some of us actually have lives, and when we wanna join in on something we find interesting it'd be a lot cooler to help them catch up instead of the immature snotty remarks... am i right? ;p 

:classy:

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

True. I don't think C2C was a cynical career move to change her image after ARTPOP, because C2C was planned as far back as 2011. But I do think she made that era bigger and longer than it was supposed to be, as it was a really great way to repair her image. And there's nothing wrong with finding a new audience.

I think she really found a safe haven in Tony and needed that after AP, which is why it lasted so long. 

I must be the only one who doesn't think it repaired her image because to this day people still act surprised that she can sing, didn't know she had talent, couldn't see past the meat dress or whatever else. 

It exposed her to an older generation, but let's be honest, they aren't buying her mainstream pop music. 

Just now, Slayer said:

Yeah, I mean... 'Sinner's Prayer'? How can anyone listen to that and not think country music. It's ridiculous.

Exatly. 

The country influence is strong all over the album. It's just within this fan base, perhaps they cannot cope with the fact that gaga did a country inspired album and they say "oh it's just real instruments and it's Americana music not country, yall don't have taste or know what real music is" when in fact they know damn well had any other artist released this they wouldn't have gotten past the first listen. 

PeachJug

im SO GLAD she decided on Joanne instead...

I always trust Gaga to find something new and unique

xoxo cupcakke

You guys need to get over this "original LG5" nonsense. The reality is she worked with RedOne and Giorgio Moroder and didn't like the collabs so she sought Mark Ronson to enact the vision she had set for herself and, to some small extent, influenced by her label too

Unless an entire album was completed, ready to be marketed, and scrapped, there is no original LG5 except for Joanne. Like, if you think there is an original LG5, there's also an original LG1 that consists of all the tracks Gaga worked with Rob Fusari on from 2006-2007, an original LG3 that was more experimental and grungier than Born This Way, and an original LG4 that people want to treat as Act II when, in reality, most of those songs like Sire and Tea came before any other song on ARTPOP

TimisaMonster

No...The Cure I do believe is a recent creation...Its not part of the original dark pop RedOne produced album

Plus, the ORIGINAL lead single was already confirmed to be a RedOne produced track...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Arizona Sky

Joanne was the plan the whole time. There's no such thing as a RedOne dark pop record that was in the works.

These desperate monsters need to take themselves somewhere else 

Slayer
26 minutes ago, xoxo cupcakke said:

You guys need to get over this "original LG5" nonsense. The reality is she worked with RedOne and Giorgio Moroder and didn't like the collabs so she sought Mark Ronson to enact the vision she had set for herself and, to some small extent, influenced by her label too

Unless an entire album was completed, ready to be marketed, and scrapped, there is no original LG5 except for Joanne. Like, if you think there is an original LG5, there's also an original LG1 that consists of all the tracks Gaga worked with Rob Fusari on from 2006-2007, an original LG3 that was more experimental and grungier than Born This Way, and an original LG4 that people want to treat as Act II when, in reality, most of those songs like Sire and Tea came before any other song on ARTPOP

Yeah, I actually completely agree. I only said 'original LG5' because it was easier. But I definitely don't think she has ever got as far as completing an album and then scrapping it. Even with ARTPOP. Her label just wouldn't allow it.

Slayer
19 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

Joanne was the plan the whole time. There's no such thing as a RedOne dark pop record that was in the works.

These desperate monsters need to take themselves somewhere else 

It wasn't though, because RedOne is quoted as saying the songs they worked on together were similar to her earlier music. 'Joanne' is nothing like her earlier music. And she had been working on and off with RedOne as early as mid-2014.

Archived