128 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better artist?

• Christina Aguilera
    • Britney Spears

Featured Posts

En_Sabah_Nur
4 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

I could never take Britney serious because she's a product

This is exactly why I honestly never liked Britney, so MOST DEFINITELY Christina All day & Everyday for Me...  :whitney:

Egypt. W

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

IDK, today I enjoyed both.

But when they first came up, Britney's music not something I care about, until she released Born To Make You Happy. I remember I used to feel annoyed whenever Sometimes were in radio or MTV lmao

In contrary, XTine music were always speaks to me since Mulan OST. I remember when both of them were competing on Grammys for Best New Artist, our class were divided ofc, and majority were on Xtine cos she sings better lel and ahe did win the award in the end.

Since then the Grammy were source of bitterness for Britney fans in school, but I do hope they witnessed when she finally own one of the Gramophone for Toxic. It might bring them some closure for them, even though she is still got 4 Grammys short than Xtine, but the main object was to actually win one at the moment, so they can stop being make fun of cos theor faves never win any, and Brit did. And I believe the similiar if not same target are now what Karly fans have too against Gaga lel

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mister Gaga

Who's the better ARTIST?

Legend X, of course. Britney is not an artist. She's a performer.

Poissonche

Whooooo is that girl I seeee staring straight back at meeee?

Christina Aguilera is trying to make the straight agenda happen confirmed. Hence, I vote Lady Gaga.

4 hours ago, Mariah Carey said:

Christina's only good albums are Stripped and Back to Basics.

Stripped was good enough to conquer all.    I agree that Britney is a performer (and kind of a cheap imitation of the one pictured to the left), but Christina wrote and performed very intricate, layered pop songs.  Quality stuff with great musicianship.  I think she often over-sings, but overall, she's  a great artist.  

PaperGypsy

christina but britney's blackout is still one of my favourite albums :music:

what kind of bubblegum have you been blowing lately?

baptism

Shitney for sure. Circus and Femme Fatale are MASSIVE albums, I love them both so ****ing much. He About To Lose Me/Scary/Seal It With a Kiss define a generation of my life and Work Bitch is still one of my anthems. 

Alien Tulip
8 hours ago, MACATL said:

Stripped was good enough to conquer all.    I agree that Britney is a performer (and kind of a cheap imitation of the one pictured to the left), but Christina wrote and performed very intricate, layered pop songs.  Quality stuff with great musicianship.  I think she often over-sings, but overall, she's  a great artist.  

Stripped was great but not enough to conquer all of Britney's discography. I personally don't care about Christina's songwriting skills and vocal capabilities as she sort of a cheap knockoff of the one pictured to the left. Patti Labelle has showed loved to Xtina but even she sort of had that comment slipped out at VH1 Diva's Unsilent Night lol.

One thing people better understand when people call Britney a product is that it's absolutely no different than Frank Sinatra under any circumstances, as Ryan Tedder pointed out a few years ago when asked about Britney's lack of songwriting (other than Everytime, of course) 

While a far better singer, Frank Sinatra had the same distinctive voice, public image and the same stable of studio producers and songwriters manufacture the music product.

I think Britney has one of the best pop musical catalogs and rivals any of her peers (Beyonce, P!nk) 

(Christina could never ever rival her with a Vegas residency)

With that said, I like both for the simple fact that they've both been professionals in the entertainment business since 11 or 12 (Longer than Beyonce even though she's the better the performer)

gagaisitalian

Christina has a better voice, sure, but hasn't her career been just as generic as Britney's? A lot of y'all are saying Britney is catchier but isn't a real artist...but like Christina isn't a "real artist" either, she just sang the songs that her team gave to her, and they were never as good as Britney's.

I wouldn't call either of them an "artist" but Britney is way more iconic than Christina will ever be.

HauntingHollow

Can NOT stand Christinas yelling so Britney :whitney:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

XMonsterMonster

Christina, because she can sing at least. (no shade) :hor:

EDIT: I like Britney, only because of the Blackout album, it still sounds fresh to this day. 

Archived