opinion

I Think The Cure Will Flop

Andrew2512

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I've got used to US charts after all this years. It can take weeks for a song to go to #1 in the US charts, they slowly get more exposure when radio stations all over the huge country start adding it. It's rare for a song to debut at #1 in the US, so there's no need to worry. In the age of streaming, the rise to the top normally is a lot shorter, but a #1 beginning is still rare. In the UK, debuting at #1 used to be as normal as day turning to night but not anymore, we had very few #1's last year.

Give it time. It gets officially added to radio on the 24th, she has another performance at Coachella next week and probably more live performances (plus performing it on tour later), probably a music video to come, added to more streaming playlists...there's plenty of opportunities. I'm not saying it will go to #1, no one can predict that, but it does have the potential to be a hit with time.

MonsterMum
44 minutes ago, Andrew2512 said:

Okay you're useless and don't even deserve a reply

Sums up my feelings about this thread

bowie1986

In under a week, The Cure is officially beating Angel Down (Work Tape) for streams :ladyhaha:

Emigrante
40 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

There was a thread the other day on TC's like-dislike ratio on youtube the other day ffs. Like wtf)

I don't get this. Are you saying it's good or bad or what?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Emigrante

I love how people that know nothing about streams and commercial success are discussing the matter of TC. Jesus. Chill the fvck out. Song has been out less than a week ago, IS DOING ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD for no radio deal, real promo and being released out of nowhere. IT'S normal that it's going to drop overtime before radio deal. Oh my god. I feel like an idiot explaining that to people over and over and over and over again. Like really. get your sh1t together. :saladga:

MonsterPaws
1 hour ago, Emigrante said:

I don't get this. Are you saying it's good or bad or what?

What is? The Cure?

I love the song! :music: It's a bop like Stay and Something Just Like This (no that wasn't shade I just love those songs as well, and they're on my same playlist) 

This may be a silly thread but most of you need to chill.

Get out of here with this age restriction bullcrap :madge:

Gaga has fans of all ages. Deal with it. You guys are hardly acting more mature than the poster who is clearly just worried and excited... The reason this thread has 4 pages is because of you guys, not them.

Emigrante
6 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

What is? The Cure?

I love the song! :music: It's a bop like Stay and Something Just Like This (no that wasn't shade I just love those songs as well, and they're on my same playlist) 

I'm asking about like-dislike ratio on yt

TwerkinLurkin

Yall are so annoying this is why I only visit the charts thread because so many of you are uneducated about how charts work and it's embarrassing 

dopega
3 minutes ago, TwerkinLurkin said:

Yall are so annoying this is why I only visit the charts thread because so many of you are uneducated about how charts work and it's embarrassing 

Uneducated people on GGD? Doesn't surprise me at all tbh :icega:

Decodekid
2 hours ago, GagaXCupcakke said:

GGD needs an age restriction.  I'm tired of 15 year olds making over dramatic threads on stuff they know nothing about.  

I'm not defending whoever this person is, but, what? I'm 16, why wouldn't someone my age know about these things. 

Addig: maybe he doesn't know much about how charts work and that's ok. And yes, he probably should've learned a bit, or check the chart threads before coming to a conclusion, but believe me, age is not the problem at all, I believe lots of people in this forum are his age. And not everyone comes up with these things all the time. 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

3 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

I'm not defending whoever this person is, but, what? I'm 16, why wouldn't someone my age know about these things. 

I agree it's not an age thing. I joined this site when I was 15 and god knows I didn't make pointless threads like these. :sweat:

underneath the pine

• Jase locked this topic

Archived