society

BREAKING: Shooting Attack In Paris

Started by Dirtyicecreamz with 88 replies so far

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Gaga Monster said:

I hate to say it, but they only have themselves to blame. Accepting mass amounts of people, I doubt were extremely vetted, accepting lots of people from terror dominated areas, sharia law areas, is a huge mistake. I knew this was going to happen, it was common sense. 

Like fellow member @Florian already said: Please STFU!

You seem to have absolutely no clue what you are talking about regarding the current issues we have here in Europe with the ongoing "refugee-crisis", Islamists, ISIS and terror attacks committed by their evil followers!

If I don't have basic knowledge or information about a certain topic, I try first to properly inform myself about the issue before I start to post nonsense on a board and make a fool out of myself...

:reductive:

Edited by Qualle1
7 people like this

I'm in a trance | And the world is spinning | Spinning, baby, out of control | I'm in a trance

Posted (edited)

all these "stay safe!" comments.

there is no way to stay safe unless you decide to become a ****ing hermit and never leave your house. you are safe literally nowhere. there is no such thing as safe.

****ing islamic extremism isnt something you will ever be safe from in your life time :neyde: 

Edited by Luiz
1 person likes this

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

1 hour ago, Moebius said:

Democracy in Europe is slowly falling :/ Germany's there but with these circumstances Merkel is getting heat too.

The only REAL opponent Merkel has, is more liberal than her, so nothing bad will come out of our election this year

1 person likes this

Oh wow. Oh wow.

The suspect

C94aV8uXcAEkhKW.jpg

Oh wow. Oh wow

1 person likes this

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Gaga Monster said:

I hate to say it, but they only have themselves to blame. Accepting mass amounts of people, I doubt were extremely vetted, accepting lots of people from terror dominated areas, sharia law areas, is a huge mistake. I knew this was going to happen, it was common sense. 

Accepting many refugees can't be the reason for the "failing of democracy" as some people called it here. In Germany we accepted by far the most refugees of any western country and later this year we will elect either Angela Merkel again or Martin Schulz. Both are very decent candidates. The right-wing party is at about only 10% (and they are almost only stong in regions with very few refugees or immigrants)

The US accepted barely any refugees from muslim countries and they elected Trump. So bye bye with your argument

tumblr_inline_oeyu8wpHqO1s7u1u6_500.gif

Edited by The Fame Joanne
5 people like this

37 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Such as? 

donating to the people affected, spreading awareness, and making sure something like this doesn't happen where you live. As well if you are in countries with elections coming up, such as France, vote for whoever you think has the best chance of stopping these attacks (im not gonna try to use this tragedy to try and promote my political agenda so I won't say who you should vote for)

1 person likes this

All hail our overlord gretchen

This is sad news, I hope his family are okay.

-

This thread is beyond a mess for the following reasons:

1. Somebody has died and the first thing some people choose to do is offer political analysis of the situation. Whilst I'm all for political debate, please pay your respects first, it's common courtesy.

2. People need to truly understand the meaning of the word democracy before they use it in their arguments. Where an incumbent government sits on the political left-right scale has virtually nothing to do with democracy since there isn't a government in the western world that is either far right or far left.

3. People are entirely missing the point with regards to immigration policies and how they effect terrorism. An unusual influx of immigrants from muslim countries, as there has been in European over the past few years, undoubtedly brings people with extreme views into Europe. It does not matter what the nationality of a terrorist is, if their attack is politically motivated is done in the name of ISIS or whatever, they must have been recruited somehow. The most likely way that they were recruited is by immigrants. Moreover, you can be a French citizen and a muslim immigrant so the fact that most terrorist have been French is irrelevant.

4. Someone also mentioned the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as justification for a point they were making about French nationals returning to France. The UDHR is a non legally binding instrument and has absolutely no legal effect. Generally, people need to read more in the areas they're discussing.

4 people like this

I'm so sad about this. I've been spending many nights on the Champs Elysées with a close friend this past year, I can't imagine what would have happened if we were there. I'm so sad about the cop who died, may he Rest In Peace. :ohno:

I can't believe some people are turning this thread into a messy political thread.

1 person likes this

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

So disgusting. 

And Le Pen will use this to boost her chances. 

I swear my brain is going in "conspiracy theory" mode.

I legit am starting to think someone/group out there is pulling some strings to make sure politicians like Le Pen succeed and wreak havoc on humanity.

Stay safe Paris!

Edited by MonsterPaws

3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

This. France, Germany, UK are nearly always targets and are the 3 European nations with the largest military involvement. 

I think it's a mix of this and French history/policy 

Yeah Damn Belgium and their huge army attacking the middle east all the time...oh wait....

Just now, Muscletank said:

Yeah Damn Belgium and their huge army attacking the middle east all the time...oh wait....

Oh wait, Belgium is right next to France and is used to harbor terrorist cells that have been linked to France attacks. 

Obviously the 3 I mentioned aren't the only 3 where incidents have occurred but they are the 3 most targeted it seems. 

1 person likes this

Marry The Night, G.U.Y., and Perfect Illusion flopped for our sins.

Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Oh wait, Belgium is right next to France and is used to harbor terrorist cells that have been linked to France attacks. 

Obviously the 3 I mentioned aren't the only 3 where incidents have occurred but they are the 3 most targeted it seems. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-led_intervention_in_Syria

No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

The whole world is suffering, this is so sad, I hope all the violent acts end soon.

https://soundcloud.com/zazekina/otra-vez

why does every attack has to be on France or Paris?

the 

Icon By Lucas