Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

Russia bans Jehovah's Witnesses

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 42,015
Morphine Prince

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's Supreme Court has banned the Jehovah's Witnesses from operating in the country, accepting a request from the justice ministry that the religious organization be considered an extremist group.

The court ordered the closure of the group's Russia headquarters and its 395 local chapters, as well as the seizure of its property.

The Interfax news agency on Thursday quoted Justice Ministry attorney Svetlana Borisova in court as saying that the Jehovah's Witnesses "pose a threat to the rights of the citizens, public order and public security."

Edited by Morphine Prince
It's the people who don't recognize the racism within themselves that can be the most damaging because they don't see it.

Born To Slay   Paws Up 9,256
Born To Slay

Awful. Putin is worse than Trump to religious minorities.

• Like 8

RAMROD   Paws Up 24,988
RAMROD

LEL I'm not even mad :ladyhaha:

Jehovah's are always weireded me out with the method they're using. We don't need that kind of thing in this life.

By all means, practice what you believe, but don't twist anyone hands to do the same as you too.

• Like 17
Let the past die, kill it if you have to! It's time to little things die. Snoke, Skywalker, The Sith, The Jedi, The Rebels, let it all die!

Evan Peters   Paws Up 7,385
Evan Peters
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

LEL I'm not even mad :ladyhaha:

Jehovah's are always weireded me out with the method they're using. We don't need that kind of thing in this life.

By all means, practice what you believe, but don't twist anyone hands to do the same as you too.

doesn't mean they have to make it illegal :awkney: 

• Like 19
emma roberts is an abuser

CannaeDrive   Paws Up 1,299
CannaeDrive

Huugh. This is so retarded and uselessly brutal. Russia has to get her sh!t together, seriously :madge:

Edited by CannaeDrive
  • Like 6
Few men think, yet all will have opinions. Hence men's opinions are superficial and confused. - John Locke

Trepadation   Paws Up 4,365
Trepadation

:toofunny: idk what to say

Rabbit Heart   Paws Up 501
Rabbit Heart

Smart. They are so boring  and annoying! Here where I live they stop people on the streets, come to people's homes to promote their religion! Like GTFOH believe what you want I don't care but stop throwing yourself down people's faces and try to convert them! :grr:

• Like 3

August Blue   Paws Up 7,337
August Blue
2 minutes ago, Rabbit Heart said:

Smart. They are so boring  and annoying! 

Dont be so judgmental! How would you feel if people talked like you did about the gay torture camps? 

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 16

JamesFox   Paws Up 2,069
JamesFox

It's really concering what Putin is up to, his people are afraid of him and it's disgusting what is happening to LGBT people.

• Like 4

Rabbit Heart   Paws Up 501
Rabbit Heart
4 minutes ago, August Blue said:

Dont be so judgmental! How would you feel if people talked like you did about the gay torture camps? 

No one is killing anyone in this story! I'm just saying that those organisations should not promote themselves the way they do. It's annoying and unnecessary! 

• Like 6

Ricardo   Paws Up 3,893
Ricardo
26 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's Supreme Court has banned the Jehovah's Witnesses from operating in the country, accepting a request from the justice ministry that the religious organization be considered an extremist group.

the joke tells itself :toofunny:

• Like 3

dopega   Paws Up 2,298
dopega
5 minutes ago, Rabbit Heart said:

No one is killing anyone in this story! I'm just saying that those organisations should not promote themselves the way they do. It's annoying and unnecessary! 

I know it's annoying but banning them is not the solution.

• Like 1
mamapapapa perfect delusion

Lassex   Paws Up 1,165
Lassex

Ironically, they're the most peaceful religious group ever. I wish they wouldn't have to face this kind of injustice. I'm personally an atheist but I still find this ban unneccessary. Sure, Jehovah's witnesses are annoying but they are relatively harmless.

Edited by Lassex
  • Like 12

gagzus   Paws Up 7,602
gagzus

Doesn't surprise me bc we live in a world where a man the same shade of orange as my grandmother's kitchen wants to ban religious freedom in America too. Plus Russia is a country that publicly denies they aren't homophobes but teaches homophobia in schools, allows you to assault, rape and murder LGBT citizens and more. Nothing honestly surprises me anymore.

• Like 3
2012ga is my aesthetic