💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Will Just Dance ever be certified Diamond

BibleThisWay

Featured Posts

BibleThisWay

According to Wikipedia, Just Dance has sold 7,100,000 copies in the US (as of April 2016 - it would've had boost around the time of Joanne and the SuperBowl). Along with this it has 96,000,000 streams on Spotify, and just under 220,000,000 views on Vevo.

I'm not sure how many streams a song needs for it to be counted as a sale but surely it has to be close to Diamond? I know all of those streams aren't for the US but I'm sure the US makes up the largest percentage. The last certification it got was 8x Platinum in May 2015. What are the chances it goes Diamond before 2017 is over? (I know songs aren't certified as soon as they reach the quota but still)

mister max

I think its pretty close :excited2: it will definetly be certified diamond but the real question is when rather then will it. :yay:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Mr Judas

A good 3 years or more 

Including some boosts maybe 2, but that just overly hopeful.

LittleMichael

Ok, I'll spill some tea :reductive:

Just Dance has sold 7,123,000 copies according to our data

It has received a 8xPlatinum certification on 29th May 2015 (it means that it was between 8,000,000-8,999,999 SPS on that date).

In the meantime, we know that JD's video on YouTube has had other 21,288,984 views in US = 141,926 copies sold, but we don't know more... It's impossible to know how many streams JD has had on Spotify US from 05/29/2015 to today, but I don't think more than YouTube views... We don't either know stream numbers from other streaming services, for example Pandora, Deezer etc...

In conclusion, everything is possible, but I think JD is max 9xPlatinum in US in this moment :gum:

The Fame Joanne

If it only was 8x plat in May 2015, I don't think it's that close to Diamond 

Economy

Just Dance was one of her biggest hits WW...

A considerable amount of those streams must not be American

Still tho, it may indeed be close

GagaTheExplorer
11 hours ago, Economy said:

Just Dance was one of her biggest hits WW...

A considerable amount of those streams must not be American

Still tho, it may indeed be close

yet +70% of its total sells comes from the US and so its streaming numbers

Economy
2 hours ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

yet +70% of its total sells comes from the US and so its streaming numbers

Hum. Maybe its WW success wasnt as big as i though :oprah: 

smokingthemall

It'll get certified Diamond soon, it's probably gonna come when you're least expecting it. When "Poker Face" & "Bad Romance" got certified, I nearly passed out because I had no idea about it. :sharon:

chase your big, beautiful dreams

BibleThisWay
6 hours ago, smokingthemall said:

It'll get certified Diamond soon, it's probably gonna come when you're least expecting it. When "Poker Face" & "Bad Romance" got certified, I nearly passed out because I had no idea about it. :sharon:

True, you never really can tell when because they don't certify songs as soon as they reach the milestone. I remember that iconic day in 2015 (i think?) when all of Gaga's songs got updated so we got Judas platinum (meaning she had 11 consecutive platinum singles from her debut :giveup:)

JevyDuty

Just because it was last certified 8x platinum it doesn't mean it was in the low 8,000,000s. It could have been shy of 9x Platinum for all we know.

JevyDuty

Poker Face was certified 2 time in 2015. 9x Platinum in May and Diamond in November. I doubt there was a million sales in that time period.:trollga:

Archived