Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Goldderby: Lady Gaga among top artists to the Grammys 2018

Monsterious

Featured Posts

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Remember when beck won tho? did that have any of these except for critical acclaim? also Taylor won it against kendrick too so why can't gaga :poot: 

I posted about Beck right after you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seashell Hooker

Already posted this news in another thread... 

Spoiler

:what::what::what::what::what::what:

CZMpVJNWcAAE4lr.thumb.jpg.356df6e6029192

:what::what::what::what::what::what:

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

JR Gg
19 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

If How To Pimp a Butterfly can lose to 1989, DAMN can lose to Joanne. That being said, you're right...the Grammys don't kiss Gaga's rear end as much as they do Taylor's....

Well... they betta kiss mom's arse starting from now because she's gonna perform there 172728287229 years in a row.:gaycat:

JR Gg
16 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The chance of an AOTY nomination is getting smaller and smaller now that Kendrick's been added into the mix. Along with Ed, Bruno and The Weeknd, that only leaves one space for Gaga and there's still got just under 6 months left to go before the Grammy deadline. With 4 big names pretty much secured, it would be very rare for the academy to give the final spot to another big mainstream name. They usually have 4 big names and one surprisingly low selling 'artist's artist' that no one's heard of who just so happened to have amazing reviews. As for Song/Record of the year, MR isn't completely out of the equation but if The Cure is a hit, it could always take its place. But as for Best Pop Album...she's got a huge chance there. Bruno and Ed will be the only competition thus far and it's uncertain if the academy will be here for Harry Styles when he releases or if it'll even be classed as pop. Bruno's album perhaps wasn't as successful or well-recieved enough for a win and Ed's always struggled to get Grammys and his reception was actually quite mixed. What with all the hype around Gaga recently, she's got a big chance. And this is all assuming that we know how Joanne would be sorted. I'm sure it'll be considered pop but will MR be classed as pop or country in the Best ___ Song category?

I actually think MR should be nominated for SOTY for the songwriting but TC for ROTY. Maybe Gags will snatch a best pop vocal album and best pop solo performance? Ed's album received bad reviews... Bruno's was lukewarm...The Weeknd's... okay but not great. AOTY seems unlikely unless she drops an album bigger than DAMN. Which we can hope... you betta hope SneakyGa snatch our weaves this year returning with AOTY.... JOANNE ANGEL.

The name is cheesy as hell but who cares when you can get the coins :emma:

Lizzie Jacobson

I know Joanne won't win AOTY but i could see Million Reasons or (maybe) The Cure snatching something, but there are so much music that has yet to released yet so it's hard to tell.

GagaTheExplorer
11 hours ago, Bradley said:

Work has a Record of the Year nomination but it received only mixed reviews from critics. I do acknowledge its popularity though.

Joanne isn't actually doing that bad on the charts, there are several albums which are not as commercially successful as Joanne but which were Album of the Year winners/nominees - Morning Phase - Beck, The Suburbs - Arcade Fire.

I'm not very familiar with those albums but I'm not sure if they produced hits? I haven't heard any songs from those albums on the radio. Joanne received favourable reviews and its production actually is in my opinion one of the most unique and brilliant in the music industry today.

It definitely needs some luck, but it's not impossible, especially if the Grammy voters wanted to acknowledge at least one woman for the category.

I know, and she has been nominated there before 3 TIMES A ROW!, but you guys should lower your expectations...

Rock/Country acts don't need smash hits or incredible success to get nominations, but for pop artists that's basically a requeriment

but as I said, if a woman can make it this year, that's our girl

GagaTheExplorer

btw if Gaga gets nominated for AOTY that would be the top, don't expect her to win, there is no way they will give that award to a white pop chick three years a row, specially after the blacklash of 1989 and 25 winning over Kendrick Lamar and Beyoncé:duck:

Spanish Eyes

DAMN should win, but Joanne deserves a nomination.

Actually, MR deserves to win Song of the Year.

Robinladen

The amount of nominations isn't that important in my opinion. If she gets nominated for 4 or 5 just to lose them all, that isn't really a great feeling. She doesn't have a shot at winning AOTY so it's a bit whatever to be nominated. Getting 2 or 3 nominations now would be great and a good step up from ARTPOP. Let's hope the next album can bring her back big again, Joanne did great at restoring her reputation.

Slayer
On 19/04/2017 at 6:49 PM, TeenIdle said:

Sadly it's the black sheep of her discography. Every artist has one.

And yet for some reason people keep going on about ARTPOP again and again and again and again and snooooore.

Personally I don't think Joanne could or should win Album of the Year, but it would be lovely to be nominated. I'd also love to see Million Reasons or The Cure get nominated.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Archived