news

Billboard: The Cure is being tested at radio, hasn't officially been single

JohnWayne23

Featured Posts

retrophyyysical
41 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Dear Billboard, this is not over.

tour_poster.gif

It really is odd that she's seemingly taking such a prominent step back from Joanne. I mean, removing Joanne from her Twitter name surprised me the most. The album is still selling consistently (though it probably won't go platinum at this point), and Dancin' In Circles really could have become a major hit on radio if it had received a proper push (I was thinking radio release plus music video on Sunday after Coachella, but that wasn't to be). To depart so drastically from the sound and image of Joanne when the Joanne World Tour hasn't even begun yet seems risky to me... especially if The Cure catches on. I know the general public doesn't care much about consistency when it comes to an artist's "image" versus their output, but this kind draws attention to the more artificial aspects of Gaga's career and how she's sort of "playing the game" to get ahead, if you will. If anything, it makes the more genuine aspects of the Joanne era feel a little constructed, right? 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neight Shayde
18 minutes ago, JoeyNolfi said:

It really is odd that she's seemingly taking such a prominent step back from Joanne. I mean, removing Joanne from her Twitter name surprised me the most. The album is still selling consistently (though it probably won't go platinum at this point), and Dancin' In Circles really could have become a major hit on radio if it had received a proper push (I was thinking radio release plus music video on Sunday after Coachella, but that wasn't to be). To depart so drastically from the sound and image of Joanne when the Joanne World Tour hasn't even begun yet seems risky to me... especially if The Cure catches on. I know the general public doesn't care much about consistency when it comes to an artist's "image" versus their output, but this kind draws attention to the more artificial aspects of Gaga's career and how she's sort of "playing the game" to get ahead, if you will. If anything, it makes the more genuine aspects of the Joanne era feel a little constructed, right? 

that's why i'm still questioning the intentions of this 'single' release (even though i really like it and i kinda want/don't it to be a hit). Joanne was a huge depart (in a good way bc it's my favorite album of hers so far) from her previous Dance/Electronic sound, and also to the current mainstream EDM/Dancehall landscape that's unfortunately dominating right now.

Why release a song like this? The chorus SCREAMS Pre-TF gaga (Second Time Around & No Way) but you cannot deny that the verses, the instrumental and the bridge sound so current. It's super odd indeed.

That J

Hopefully Gaga isn't wishing she had named the tour the She Was 35 World Tour or anything other than Joanne.  

I really hope she doesn't do the Joanne Tour with a new album out and then by like March hit the road again with a tour for that new album.   It was tricky enough getting tickets for THIS!  Lol.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Alien Tulip

What happened to Billboard's credibility over the past few years :smh: Billboard go home you're drunk.

retrophyyysical
3 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

that's why i'm still questioning the intentions of this 'single' release (even though i really like it and i kinda want/don't it to be a hit). Joanne was a huge depart (in a good way bc it's my favorite album of hers so far) from her previous Dance/Electronic sound, and also to the current mainstream EDM/Dancehall landscape that's unfortunately dominating right now.

Why release a song like this? The chorus SCREAMS Pre-TF gaga (Second Time Around & No Way) but you cannot deny that the verses, the instrumental and the bridge sound so current. It's super odd indeed.

I was a fan of Joanne as well. I'm not so much mad at her shifting sounds yet again, I just think quickly releasing The Cure (or, rather, "testing" it to see if it lands or not and then deciding it's a single or not after the fact) sort of sullies the integrity I believed she'd retained in shifting to Joanne. This kind of makes it all seem very artificial, and the quality of genuineness is what made Joanne seem so brilliant in the first place.

SPARTACUS

Not cow-poke pop :madge:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

SPARTACUS
1 hour ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Some excerpts from Billboard:

A little over six months. That’s how long it took Lady Gaga to (seemingly) cast her pink Joanne hat aside.

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7767610/lady-gaga-the-cure-joanne-career-correction?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Honestly this I don't appreciate.  (Apparently) Just tossed to the side like the ARTPOP app etc. :nails:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Luxe Ford

At least the linked to the audio. If only everyone writing about it did! 

I haven't really thought about how *slow* The Cure is. 100 bpm. That's 'cigarette-lighters-in-the-air' slow! Applause was 140. 

Gaga allways surprises, that's for certain.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Neight Shayde
14 minutes ago, JoeyNolfi said:

I'm not so much mad at her shifting sounds yet again, I just think quickly releasing The Cure (or, rather, "testing" it to see if it lands or not and then deciding it's a single or not after the fact) sort of sullies the integrity I believed she'd retained in shifting to Joanne. This kind of makes it all seem very artificial, and the quality of genuineness is what made Joanne seem so brilliant in the first place.

I'm not that mad either. If her next album is like TC then I will be super worried.

• Jase locked this topic

Archived