Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Request The Cure on BBC Radio 1

vertigostick

Featured Posts

ScotHML
24 minutes ago, Muscletank said:

If this doesn't get A listed on Radio 1's playlist then you will know there is a boycott. There is simply no reason to not play this. it's a massive pop song and already her best received on iTunes quicker than ANY of the Joanne stuff. It's no 3 only behind harry friggin styles!!!! This could be a real top 5 smash if not no 1!

Has it been confirmed as a single release and being pushed to radios?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShockPop

Radio 1 are hipster bigots.

They'll play anything if you fit into their "equality" bracket... But only one each.

It also enhances my theory that intelligence gets you blacklisted.

Muscletank
44 minutes ago, ScotHML said:

Has it been confirmed as a single release and being pushed to radios?

Not sure. I suspect they are doing a "Do what you wants" and seeing the reaction. She would be crazy not to launch it now as a proper single, especially given that million reasons has ran its course and there is no official follow up to it from Joanne. I think they may do a rerelease of joanne fame monster style with the cure and other songs in it. Who knows.

8 minutes ago, awpy said:

The radio 1 playlist has been updated today and it's not even on the A list or any list??!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist

What???? Are they crazy. What do they have against her. 

and Hard Times which is out for not even 3 days can make it (c list) .... is it wrong to think they can be corrupted??

how could they ignore TC being #1 without promo and with positive reviews?

6 minutes ago, Cortex said:

and Hard Times which is out for not even 3 days can make it (c list) .... is it wrong to think they can be corrupted??

how could they ignore TC being #1 without promo and with positive reviews?

Exactly, they definitely have a reason for not playing it! They never used to ignore Gaga during the BTW era. Since then she's hardly played in R1. 

vertigostick

UK monsters: can someone directly CALL them and ask for explanations??

This is a capital MESS and we can't just let it go like that without a fight.

Laceface

I agree, she's never ever played. They seem to blacklist her. I know Scott Mills has made shady comments about her before

vertigostick

Who is Scott Mills??

How can we influence this person? Universal Music UK should step up their game!

vertigostick

Don't forget to tell them how much you enjoyed hearing the song during the official charts show!!!!

lxdygxga
3 hours ago, awpy said:

The radio 1 playlist has been updated today and it's not even on the A list or any list??!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist

What???? Are they crazy. What do they have against her. 

It's possible they're waiting for the official radio add date next week until they playlist it. That's my only rational explanation. 

MrGagaFame

I think everyone should not get ahead of themselves just yet, Radio 1 and their shady playlist decisions have pissed me off for years, but I think this may simply be a case of the song being a 'surprise release' and therefore room was not made for it, I would wait till next Friday to see if it ends up on the playlist, then we will know for sure. 

In the meantime just keep requesting the song. 

Has anyone actually heard the song played on the station yet? 

Archived