šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can someone explain what happened with AP second single?

MiddleZone

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

To cut a long story short, we have to go back to the beginning. Gaga intended Aura to be the lead single, not Applause. She had planned toĀ debut Aura at the VMAs. Both MTV and her label said NO. Then for the second single, Gaga wanted Venus. InterscopeĀ released Do What U Want as a promo single butĀ because it was getting such "good feedback" her label decided instead to release that as her second single. Venus was released as a promo single. When DWUW struggled to hit the top 10 on the charts (because it hadĀ no video, and the audio VEVO on YouTube was censored because of the photo of Gaga wearing a G string), her label then pulled the plug on ARTPOP. Gaga released her final single G.U.Y months later in March 2014, using her ow money to pay for the video, which incorporated Venus, which is what she wanted all along. As a Monster back thenĀ it was such dark times. I would check in on GGD from time to time and all it was was meltdown and false hopes. But, as the saying goes, whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. And the years of struggle were actually our most beautiful.

MiddleZone

also forgot to ask about the vote thing? like did you hear snippets of the songs or was it based on the names or what? what was the format? and why was this drpped?

hausofcy
12 hours ago, MiddleZone said:

also forgot to ask about the vote thing? like did you hear snippets of the songs or was it based on the names or what? what was the format? and why was this drpped?

This was also on the list of broken promises. She wanted to let us vote for the next video. She also wanted a video for every track. She had an app with a countdouwn but after it was over nothing happened. It was such a messy era but I don't blame her. She was having a very hard time and still tried to fix all the "could have beens". And That's why I love her. She kept trying to fix thing even tho it was too late already.

šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ

Archived