Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Was Gaga drunk/tipsy in her Coachella performance?

musicnotbling

Featured Posts

thopekas

Was John Wayne a bit slowed down?i got that feeling ,especially during verses ,in the studio version i think the song was more fast .

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheCure
14 hours ago, Rescued said:

I can definitely see there's something wrong in that performance.

I don't think it was the dancing. She just couldn't get into the music. She had troubles with song timings and lyrics ridiculously often, almost in every song. Her speeches were all weird and many of them just plain confusing. She talked about not being 'here' and at some point she started talking about things stronger than love :duck: (which is the last thing you'd wanna say at coachella where 'love' is the cliché ultimate force and sh*t like that, and gaga knows it and she knew she ****ed up as soon as she said it).

In general she looked incredibly out of it. I have a couple of ideas but i'll need to watch it again to be sure :( 

I don't think she was out of it, drunk, high or anything like that.  I think it's simply a matter of not enough rehearsal time due to her being a last-minute fill in.  But the looseness worked at a festival like Coachella.  I watched it a second time and she really was fantastic.  But it's like the first show of any tour that has choreography and "big production".  It's always going to have some opening night f#ck-ups.

Helxig
57 minutes ago, Letmelivemylife said:

I didn't get a chance to watch the whole performance but in the clips that I've watched, you can tell that she's truly happy :wub:. I've always said that I thought I knew what love was until I became a little monster. The bond that she shares with her monsters is something that can't be put into words unless you are a monster. My best friend and I Secretly think that "the cure"  is "I wanna be with you 2.0". We cure her with our love when she's hurting so in return she'll be our cure when we're upset even when we say we're ok because deep down she knows that we're not. She never stops amazing me and I thank god everyday for her ♥️

You haven't watched it yet?? I'm going to give you a spoiler! If you so choose to open it...

Spoiler

She performed some older songs including one song I NEVER expected... TEETH. She performed f.ucking teeth. 

Probably the first time I've used a spoiler tag correctly :laughga: 

But yeah she seemed really happy and grateful and excited to be back doing her pop thing. The Cure felt to me like I Wanna Be With U mixed with Come To Mama! She wants to bring us all in and help make us feel better. I understand the connection :wub:  it's why I've gotta meet her this time.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Bebe

She def wasn't typsy :smh: She had similar energy to the superbowl. The banter was just banter and her segwaying into shows - it didn't strike me as odd during the first or second viewing. Like... That's just Gaga? 

She danced well, she had energy, she didn't seem groggy at all. She was at top form.

The only problem I have was the Applause karaoke bit and the long wait for poker face. She really should have been able to do a quick change into something else (that glittery body suit was killer, but she should have had something easier and quicker to change into - playing the entirety of Applause to the crowd when you are not on stage was ridiculous enough, the long wait after made it worse).

She was clearly sober though, and when she was actually on stage she killed it.

Katie14
5 hours ago, Perdid said:

I'm rewatching right now, before BTW everything looks normal. After she put the colored boots and the jacket on, her speeches are weirdly super off time, the Venus walk, the last chorus of telephone, the mumbling in the mic, slurring words before Alejandro, weirdly walking out of stage before teeth, coming back with different shoes, etc. The way jimmy looks at her in You and I (and never stops looking at her) is intriguing. She does look kinda off but those also could be nerves.

Anyhow little mistakes like pitchiness, weird dances, forgeting what song is next and making up speeches for it, can also be signs of a little time rehearsed show, excessive choreo, or just bad audio.

Hide contents

We'll know when ARTPOP VOL II, Telephone pt. 2 and the Joanne Angel Come out.:ladyhaha:

Who is Jimmy? I feel like you are reading into this too much. There were mistakes but all of them were minor and barely noticeable. 

Katie14
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

She def wasn't typsy :smh: She had similar energy to the superbowl. The banter was just banter and her segwaying into shows - it didn't strike me as odd during the first or second viewing. Like... That's just Gaga? 

She danced well, she had energy, she didn't seem groggy at all. She was at top form.

The only problem I have was the Applause karaoke bit and the long wait for poker face. She really should have been able to do a quick change into something else (that glittery body suit was killer, but she should have had something easier and quicker to change into - playing the entirety of Applause to the crowd when you are not on stage was ridiculous enough, the long wait after made it worse).

That was odd. I dont think she has ever let an entire song play with her not being there before. 

lego
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I thought that was on purpose, like Applause was outro and the wait was for audience to scream encore so she came back with few more songs. :poot:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lady-gaga/2017/empire-polo-grounds-indio-ca-7be6e280.html

FreePalestine

Fame IV
7 minutes ago, Bebe said:

That's the only conclusion. She rulled every second of the show. People are reading much into little details.

A Star is Born ⭐

Princess Stache

Gaga would NEVER perform drunk.  At first I thought something was up with her performance, but when she got to around John Wayne and started talking about her fans and stuff I assumed she was just really focused.

Fame IV
18 minutes ago, Helxig said:

You haven't watched it yet?? I'm going to give you a spoiler! If you so choose to open it...

Hide contents

She performed some older songs including one song I NEVER expected... TEETH. She performed f.ucking teeth. 

Probably the first time I've used a spoiler tag correctly :laughga: 

But yeah she seemed really happy and grateful and excited to be back doing her pop thing. The Cure felt to me like I Wanna Be With U mixed with Come To Mama! She wants to bring us all in and help make us feel better. I understand the connection :wub:  it's why I've gotta meet her this time.

It was a great show!

A Star is Born ⭐

Bebe
Just now, lego said:

I thought that was on purpose, like Applause was outro and the wait was for audience to scream encore so she came back with few more songs. :poot:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lady-gaga/2017/empire-polo-grounds-indio-ca-7be6e280.html

Yeah I don't doubt it was on purpose... I mean they had the lyrics up and everything...

It was just strange. I love Applause - but when I go to see her live I don't want to hear the entire album version of Applause just being belted from the speakers while Gaga is somewhere off stage. I want to see her sing and dance her ass off to one of her lead singles. 

If she was going to do Applause as the outro then fine, but at least perform it before you go for an extended break to change :laughga: 

Perfect ionist
16 hours ago, ladygragra said:

Looking back, it doesn't seem like she was completely there. I thought her performance was great overall but some parts made it seem messy like when she was like 3 measures too early for "I know that we are young and I know that you may love me" for Alejandro

update: "she's not broken, she's got both hands in her pocket and she won't look at you..."  (I misheard that, but Alejandro still seemed a little off)

and she seemed a little woozy, and sort of clumsy.

Or maybe it could have just been excitement, im not sure.

maybe she was even high, who knows

What do you think?

I thought there was something of with her because she wasn't singing that well and I got bored a little. Something looked of with her maybe she had some weed or some wine.

Princess Stache
4 minutes ago, lego said:

Yeah I thought she would come out in a huge outfit, but it was just average, and I thought for that long of a costume change she would do at least 3 more songs :/

lego
Just now, Bebe said:

Yeah I don't doubt it was on purpose... I mean they had the lyrics up and everything...

It was just strange. I love Applause - but when I go to see her live I don't want to hear the entire album version of Applause just being belted from the speakers while Gaga is somewhere off stage. I want to see her sing and dance her ass off to one of her lead singles. 

If she was going to do Applause as the outro then fine, but at least perform it before you go for an extended break to change :laughga: 

Someone said she hates Applause so she didn't want to perform it, idk is that even true, did she ever say that? Her band performed it live together with remix, but I think the wait after was on purpose. MR remix was like the last song she performs, Applause outro makes audience think that's the end of the show and they start chanting "Gaga, Gaga" and she comes back. 

I noticed she messed up her wig when she took off her shirt, so maybe fixing that and makeup took some time as well.

FreePalestine

Archived