Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Was Gaga drunk/tipsy in her Coachella performance?

musicnotbling

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

She was def on SOMETHING. And this is coming from an avid LM. 

But keep in mind, we see her performances of either a very controlled set or stage. Things she has done a million times. 

Coachella is not her first festival performance, no. But it has been a while and she was probably really nervous about it. Especially since the crowd (which was dead, ugh) were there for Beyonce and I noticed a lot of them weren't dancing. That would be so aggravating to me if I am performing my ass off and people are just standing around or on their phones. 

You best bet when I see Gaga I am going to be out of control dancing and singing. 

OT: She prob had a bit too much to smoke/drink because she didnt necessarily have LM in the crowd and if they aren't into her music, they may not know all the non singles.  At first I felt really sad for her like she was having a Britney (after 2003) moment. But then I realized she just did the SB halftime only 2 months ago. 

Shes our queen and will continue slaying performances. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katie14
1 hour ago, QueenHunty said:

She wasn't drunk, she was high. She was super giggly and making herself laugh doing weird facial expressions and saying little jokes. 

She always makes weird facial expressions. 

She did tweet this before the show:

So I guess she was high on veggies, flying on her enchanted yoga mat :cool:

I doubt she'd taken much of anything, she seemed quite coherent to me and she's so focussed on living healthy these days.

She had to concentrate more than usual on hitting the right sections of the setlist and there were quite a few slip ups, yes. It was such a ballsy move to bring back a lot of songs that she and her team hadn't performed in years, for just two gigs and with relatively little prep time.

"You just gotta be committed to the hat!" - Lady Gaga

musicnotbling
27 minutes ago, Summy said:

She did tweet this before the show:

So I guess she was high on veggies, flying on her enchanted yoga mat :cool:

I doubt she'd taken much of anything, she seemed quite coherent to me and she's so focussed on living healthy these days.

that was several hours before her performance. 

14 minutes ago, ladygragra said:

that was several hours before her performance. 

Ofc it's not proof. But would've been ironic to tell that little girl that she'd prefer something healthy instead of cheddar chips, and then a few hours later get herself intoxicated with some unhealthy substance. But she's only human after all and people are inconsistent all the time, myself included ofc.

musicnotbling
Just now, Summy said:

Ofc it's not proof. But would've been ironic to tell that little girl that she'd prefer something healthy instead of cheddar chips, and then a few hours later get herself intoxicated with some unhealthy substance. But she's only human after all and people are inconsistent all the time, myself included ofc.

gaga drinks and smokes weed, she doesn't hide it. she admits to it.

we all already know she does it. but her preferring some healthy food over cheddar chips does not change the fact that she does those things.

5 hours ago, ladygragra said:

gaga drinks and smokes weed, she doesn't hide it. she admits to it.

Then I might be wrong. I had the impression she had reduced these things a lot in more recent times. She told Zane Lowe last year that the best piece of advice she'd received was to get sober and that she was trying to stop smoking (non-cannabis). Didn't say anything about weed though, so you're right, that's still in the open.

mrsgagamonster

Not at all...she's working on a feature film and barely had enough time to rehearse a career defining performance. She's constantly working. Her show was great, and many of the arrangements were new or at least shortened. It's a lot to remember when you're putting together a show, learning lines to star in a movie, recording NEW music, not to mention working on music for the movie. She's just busy.

Lord Ryry
On 4/16/2017 at 10:03 PM, The Fame Joanne said:

I really don't know what everyone is talking about. But if all of you want an explanation for sth that wasn't there: She was maybe nervous bc of the song premiere

this

gaga is so nervous whenever releasing a new song, she must of been incredibly anxious, especially LIVE and she would get a reaction straight away. 

freebit

RME. I think Gaga was sober. Nervous and a bit stiff at first, but sober. 

On 4/20/2017 at 5:58 PM, Acsnpdx8 said:

She was def on SOMETHING. And this is coming from an avid LM. 

But keep in mind, we see her performances of either a very controlled set or stage. Things she has done a million times. 

Coachella is not her first festival performance, no. But it has been a while and she was probably really nervous about it. Especially since the crowd (which was dead, ugh) were there for Beyonce and I noticed a lot of them weren't dancing. That would be so aggravating to me if I am performing my ass off and people are just standing around or on their phones. 

You best bet when I see Gaga I am going to be out of control dancing and singing. 

OT: She prob had a bit too much to smoke/drink because she didnt necessarily have LM in the crowd and if they aren't into her music, they may not know all the non singles.  At first I felt really sad for her like she was having a Britney (after 2003) moment. But then I realized she just did the SB halftime only 2 months ago. 

Shes our queen and will continue slaying performances. 

I watched most of the main stage performances and a few other performances on the other livestream channels, and the crowd was like that for everyone (and no, I'm not just saying that). I also think a festival performance like this is going to bring in a majority curious, but casual/ambivalent people, so the crowd is going to be far less rowdy than an actual concert full of the artist's fans. 

DAVID VOGUER

Now when I watch it again, I think the problem was she was NOT drunk, she was sober (maybe because of the ASIB filming?) and that's why she seems so uninterested and 'lazy'... 

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

Okay can we please take a few factors into account?

1. This was a 90 minute setlist which required her to be very careful, of when she used her vocals. It's been quite some time since she's had this long a show, not to mention some of the songs probably bore her to death by now.
PLUS the timing of the show was late taking the duration into account.

2. She had a surprise release of a new song.

3. She started the freaking show with Sheisse! the song/choreography that broke her hip, this is the first time she's performed it live since the BTWB. :firega:

Compared to some of her interviews in the past, her speeches/jokes seemed to be more influenced by fatigue, rather than drugs/alchohol.
I'm not saying she wasn't affected. I just don't think she would have been able to hold back on the tricky vocals as much as she did, if she was on something.

Archived