đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Was Gaga drunk/tipsy in her Coachella performance?

musicnotbling

Featured Posts

HiddenWeirdo

britney-7.gif

It felt so strange the whole time I was watching Gagas Coachella performance.. no shade but it reminded me of that time I saw Britney on the vmas.

I hope it's nothing serious. I love gagz

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she was tired, kinda nervous, and couldn't rehearse enough, it looked like she was improvising her speech and choreography. I also noticed during Teeth and Speechless that she forgot the words.

Emigrante
2 hours ago, Clip said:

She has hearing problems??

she does. After playing multiple concerts your hearing is set to become more weak after time.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Emigrante
2 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

Yeah she was a bit messy. She almost fell because of her/a dancer, she missang the last part of Scheisse, she started a few secs late Million Reasons, she had to ask with the hand for a dancer to come and get the keytar (which never happens). But that's still ok. Still way better than most pop performers.

well it's not like these parts made performance any kind of worse. She's just human, not a robot and it made her shows special. She isn't fabricated 100% like well Beyonce on her shows for example, where she has to be totally perfect. 

Emigrante
2 hours ago, Rescued said:

I can definitely see there's something wrong in that performance.

I don't think it was the dancing. She just couldn't get into the music. She had troubles with song timings and lyrics ridiculously often, almost in every song. Her speeches were all weird and many of them just plain confusing. She talked about not being 'here' and at some point she started talking about things stronger than love :duck: (which is the last thing you'd wanna say at coachella where 'love' is the cliché ultimate force and sh*t like that, and gaga knows it and she knew she ****ed up as soon as she said it).

In general she looked incredibly out of it. I have a couple of ideas but i'll need to watch it again to be sure :( 

she talked about not being here before venus which is song out of this world. 

Arcanum

Drunk? Tipsy? Nah... You were watching the wrong performance.

This was New Year's Mimi showdown. :reductive:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Lizzie Jacobson
2 hours ago, Joshua Besno said:

I think she was a little bit drunk, in fact, I think before singing Teeth she went to the side of the stage to throw up and that's why the band had to improvise.

She left the stage before teeth to change her boots but the way she left the stage was a little weird and i could hear her saying "no, no, no" to someone when the stage went dark. There was defiantly something off though, hopefully it was just nerves. 

shoful

I honestly did pick up that she was "off" she was def high or out of it. But i thought she performed very well. You could just tell when she was staring and stuff that she was stoned af. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Himeros26
2 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

It's ok! I respect it, i just didn't like it. I felt like she was bored. She looked uninterested imo. Like she was doing the show by obligation. I didn't like how she sang, which is very weird, i didn't like her voice...

She quit smoking and the damage that's been done has been catching up for the past couple of months. Her overall tone's been a lot fuller, darker, and "lower," but she's also experimenting with her new voice and doing some cool new runs and stuff. 

ReidOne

I don't think she was under the influence! No way in hell she would drink or take anything and then do a 90 minute set like this, a ONE OFF, with so much to remember. 

But on that note, I think it was simply that --- she had a LOT to remember. And she's being livestreamed around the world. Doing a full concert. Where half the audience is waiting to drag her. She had to be insanely nervous and her mind had to focus on so many things (choreo, lyrics, song edits she isn't used to, desert climate, stage/sound setup by people other than hear team, Radiohead disaster the night before, etc...). 

Himeros26

Also, she started late and Gaga usually goes over schedule and she ended up being cut early (We never got MTN) so most likely that was the back of her mind too

musicnotbling
1 minute ago, Himeros26 said:

Also, she started late and Gaga usually goes over schedule and she ended up being cut early (We never got MTN) so most likely that was the back of her mind too

YES !! I was waiting for MTN, because the stage setup looked like buildings and the whole time I was saying "just watch she's going to perform marry the night and they're gonna put lights on those big blocks to make them look like buildings"

ReidOne

I have one more theory - the awkward moment when she walks off stage before Teeth and the band has to stall... notice when she comes back, she had taken off the multi-colored sparkly thigh-high shoes and put BACK on the heels from her opening costume. This was definitely not planned - she would never recycle clothes and it was obviously an unplanned break. 

My theory: she did not feel confident in those shoes! Throughout BTW, Venus & Telephone choreo she seems somewhat restrained. And my guess is that she doesn't trust those heels. She was NOT about to let herself fall flat on her face. 

But after Alejandro she had had enough, so she goes off stage to change back to the first heels. 

And no this is not a "mess" but to be expected when doing a one-off show and deliver the level of performance of a 60-date world tour. 

Mister Gaga
8 minutes ago, Himeros26 said:

She quit smoking and the damage that's been done has been catching up for the past couple of months. Her overall tone's been a lot fuller, darker, and "lower," but she's also experimenting with her new voice and doing some cool new runs and stuff. 

but she sounded great at Carpool Karaoke / Super Bowl. Cocachella was the problem.

musicnotbling
14 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

My theory: she did not feel confident in those shoes! Throughout BTW, Venus & Telephone choreo she seems somewhat restrained. And my guess is that she doesn't trust those heels.

Yeah, but at the end of Alejandro she said "don't be scared I've done this before."

what could she have meant by that when she went off stage?

Archived