Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Guardian: 4/5 stars for Gaga on Coachella

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester

Looks like the Guardian is here for Gaga, describing her performance as electrifying.

Full review: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/16/lady-gaga-electrifies-coachella-2017-review

For comparison, Radiohead is 3/5 stars.

I'm on mobile sorry if AP. Can't post excerpts properly right now.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

LittleMichael

I found her great, except for the piano moment: it was too "slow" for a festival like Coachella :gum:

But she slays so much as usual the rest of the time :firega: Queen is back! :firega:

kvnrp

"Just Dance, Telephone and Love Game were all met with a crowd well-versed with the lyrics and eager to show their familiarity with the choreography, but there was a surprising disinterest in her more recent successes.

Her last album Joanne was a strong seller, but as soon as she started interspersing these songs, it became a slightly tougher sell. Even A-Yo, which received a hefty amount of US airplay at the end of 2016 left the crowd cold.

Her newer output doesn’t have quite the same impact and interest started to wander when she returned to pushing the country agenda. Gaga seemed aware of the chilly reaction and used the festival to premiere a new song that returns to the solid 80s-themed pop that’s worked for her before."

The A-YO part is so true. The crowd was dead. :noparty:

PerfectIllusion
2 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

"including Gaga with a snake coming out of her mouth"

:emma::emma::emma::emma::emma::emma:

Its a tentacle :grr:

Check your facts @The Guardian

The Fame Joanne
2 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

"Just Dance, Telephone and Love Game were all met with a crowd well-versed with the lyrics and eager to show their familiarity with the choreography, but there was a surprising disinterest in her more recent successes.

Her last album Joanne was a strong seller, but as soon as she started interspersing these songs, it became a slightly tougher sell. Even A-Yo, which received a hefty amount of US airplay at the end of 2016 left the crowd cold.

Her newer output doesn’t have quite the same impact and interest started to wander when she returned to pushing the country agenda. Gaga seemed aware of the chilly reaction and used the festival to premiere a new song that returns to the solid 80s-themed pop that’s worked for her before."

The A-YO part is so true. The crowd was dead. :noparty:

But did it receive a hefty amount of US airplay tho? :emma:

Gov Hooka

Pretty decent review and the new song was well received even if not my taste. I love Joanne so much 

Gov Hooka

Million reasons was well received as was John Wayne so the article is a little incorrect 

kvnrp
Just now, The Fame Joanne said:

But did it receive a hefty amount of US airplay tho? :emma:

They probably counted every performance of A-YO at James Corden for one play :emma:

TV is sent over airwaves as well :emma:

Thomas P

The only thing that sucks is that Kendrick is tonight, and they'll say that he did way better than her and give him a 5/5 because it's him (he deserves it but that's beyond the point) they'll end up contradicting a lot of what they said about gaga in order to praise him like they always do with her.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

The Fame Joanne
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

They probably counted every performance of A-YO at James Corden for one play :emma:

TV is sent over airwaves as well :emma:

Queen of getting airplay by performing her song 5445484 times on the same show :emma:

shoful
24 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

They probably counted every performance of A-YO at James Corden for one play

TV is sent over airwaves as well

Dead:toofunny:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Do you think she will edit the setlist?  I say scrap AYO for sure.

Just don't look at the comment section on Guardian's page, I don't get why people still keep on hating her.. :toofunny::huh:

Archived