💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Guardian : Lady Gaga electrifies Coachella 2017 – review 4 / 5 stars

Monsterious

Featured Posts

Monsterious

Filling a slot that was once set to be occupied by Beyoncé is at best difficult and at worst utterly terrifying, her position at the very top of the industry uncontested. So when she had to drop out of headlining Coachella because of her pregnancy, organisers were stuck with the unenviable process of finding another performer to satisfy a disappointed crowd.

From the opening of her Coachella debut, that was most certainly not the case. An ambitiously mounted set kicks off with a fast cut of images, including Gaga with a snake coming out of her mouth before she emerges in a leather ensemble, complete with Madonna-esque spiked breasts and a light shining from her stomach. The crowd, which appeared a bit ambivalent about last night’s headliner Radiohead, welcomed her with rabid enthusiasm and as her many hits unfurled, they danced with a collective glee.

Her last album Joanne was a strong seller, but as soon as she started interspersing these songs, it became a slightly tougher sell. Even A-Yo, which received a hefty amount of US airplay at the end of 2016 left the crowd cold.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/16/lady-gaga-electrifies-coachella-2017-review?CMP=twt_a-music_b-gdnmusic

Ryusei

I really wanna see this performance with so many people here saying it was lacking or smth yet she gets that acclaim. Makes me think people here are exaggerating and I won't notice ****

Edit: What hefty airplay did A-YO get? lol what did I miss

Musery

Lucas

I kinda agree with the crowd thing, during her hits they were getting their life but during like A-YO, John Wayne and other non singles they looked so lost lmao

Monsterious
Just now, Ryusei said:

I really wanna see this performance with so many people here saying it was lacking or smth yet she gets that acclaim. Makes me think people here are exaggerating and I won't notice ****

some GGD members always want to see Gaga jumping from an airplane and using a parachute to land on stage

delusion at its best.

YaaaasGaga
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

Same! I haven't seen the performance yet and I am hoping for a full rip of the live stream to become available soon but everyone has put such a downer on it already on this site (except a few good eggs) and yet all of the media coverage I've seen of it so far has been positive saying it was amazing! 

What a true reverse Warholian expedition when it's the media giving you the hype and praise for Gaga and not the so called fans :whitney:

KleinGa
1 minute ago, YaaaasGaga said:

Same! I haven't seen the performance yet and I am hoping for a full rip of the live stream to become available soon but everyone has put such a downer on it already on this site (except a few good eggs) and yet all of the media coverage I've seen of it so far has been positive saying it was amazing! 

What a true reverse Warholian expedition when it's the media giving you the hype and praise for Gaga and not the so called fans :whitney:

check ladygaganow, they have the full thing

YaaaasGaga
Just now, KleinGa said:

check ladygaganow, they have the full thing

OMG thanks sis!

Sakrai

I can't help the feeling that something seemed off during the concert. But slay regardless :firega: i live for the acclaim.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

ZiggyZiggs
35 minutes ago, Monsterious said:

some GGD members always want to see Gaga jumping from an airplane and using a parachute to land on stage

delusion at its best.

:air:

Archived