💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Something is wrong

kizurl

Featured Posts

PaperIz
2 hours ago, Sure Joanne said:

Because honestly after watching all of her recent performances and even tour performances she just looked d e a d midway through the Coachella concert. People noticed and wondered if she was tired after rehearsals and the rushed Coachella schedule or high. 
It's understandable that fans are concerned, the song is probably catchy so she could build up buzz for the ASIB soundtrack (which I doubt will include this) and the movie itself. She's also trying something new, a summer hit. 

I don't see it at all, she looked so alive and so amazing to me. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God Control

Something is indeed wrong, and that is the way fans are treating Gaga's music is some sort of challenge rather than simply good music to listen to. Each fan has appointed themselves as a manager or an art curator and acting like Gaga should always make music that nobody has ever heard before, and that she should do every genre just for the sake of proving a point or to one day say that Gaga did all genres. And while that may sound alright from an artistic standpoint, at the end of the day, being a singer is a job not a charity, and it's linked with a budget, gross revenue, sales, chart positions and public approval.

She started her career quite big, as the singer who's avant-garde, weird and shocking and at the same time, a singer who makes appealing songs, whether they're club bangers or ballads. She's also quite deep lyrically and while she experimented with different style, the essence of her as a singer was always there. Joanne came and it sort of shrouded that and people could not relate, not because they're uneducated or stupid or whatever die-hard fans want to call them for not liking a Gaga song or album, but because this is not why they loved Lady Gaga. They're not closed-minded, they just did not admire that sound, style and genre from this specific singer. Maybe they listen to rock and country by other singer, but they just expect something with the soul of Lady Gaga in it.

Here's an example, Madonna experimented with different genres, and she made Music, an album with country vibes, but guess what? she knows her audience from fans to the general public. The look and feel was country, the sound of few songs on it did have the country vibes, but she still put her touch and soul in it, making it a pop album that somehow bares some country influences and imagery, without having to make fans debate whether this is a country album or a pop album with country influences or a rock album with country and pop influences...etc.

The problem with most Lady Gaga fans is that they refuse to acknowledge that Gaga can fail at something so they start attacking anyone who dislikes her work and find justifications like "she's a free artist", "she doesn't care about success and charts" (even when she posted numerous times asking fans to get her song to No.1) or that "she's better than all artists because she does all genres".

The sad news is, nobody is great at everything, and there's always preferences, and whether you genuinely like something or pretending to do so to save the singer's face, there will always  be someone else who disagrees. Joanne in this case did not work for most, so she went back to her roots with more pop and dance influences, more "easy" songs like those in The Fame with The Cure, she reintroduced herself at the Super Bowl with her classic image of avant-garde outfits and the classic hits and extravaganza and now she released this single which will probably be part of an EP or perhaps she'll make two more that will remain singles with no album (I hope not). But she's not lacking passion. In fact, the very fact that she went back to her roots shows how much passion she has for music, success and for shocking the world like she always did. This is the smartest step she ever took.

When she said she's going for the indie, she basically shot herself in the foot because she never was an indie singer and no indie artist can afford making her videos, designer outfits and gadgets, the expensive shows, performances and props and all these gimmicks that were the very reason she became recognized globally for. So at the end of the day, remember she's a singer and she needs to be taken seriously be her label. She never was indie. She might have sang in bars before or did free shows or whatever, but that's not what made her who she is and I bet you all that she wasn't as happy or as fulfilled as she felt with TF, TFM and BTW (at least the first half of it).

So no, she's not doing anything wrong. In fact, this is the first smart move she did since The Fame Monster, and I'm here to support her in every way that I can, because she realized the problem and she seems to be fixing it.

Galagala

Yeah………Something is wrong 

And I know what that is 

>>>>>>your thoughts and attitude

Just enjoy the great works~

Gaga Monster

She had to play a 1h 30m show at 11:30 PM, I would be tired and off too

GGD Presidential Elections

Kayla
51 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

Something is indeed wrong, and that is the way fans are treating Gaga's music is some sort of challenge rather than simply good music to listen to. Each fan has appointed themselves as a manager or an art curator and acting like Gaga should always make music that nobody has ever heard before, and that she should do every genre just for the sake of proving a point or to one day say that Gaga did all genres. And while that may sound alright from an artistic standpoint, at the end of the day, being a singer is a job not a charity, and it's linked with a budget, gross revenue, sales, chart positions and public approval.

She started her career quite big, as the singer who's avant-garde, weird and shocking and at the same time, a singer who makes appealing songs, whether they're club bangers or ballads. She's also quite deep lyrically and while she experimented with different style, the essence of her as a singer was always there. Joanne came and it sort of shrouded that and people could not relate, not because they're uneducated or stupid or whatever die-hard fans want to call them for not liking a Gaga song or album, but because this is not why they loved Lady Gaga. They're not closed-minded, they just did not admire that sound, style and genre from this specific singer. Maybe they listen to rock and country by other singer, but they just expect something with the soul of Lady Gaga in it.

Here's an example, Madonna experimented with different genres, and she made Music, an album with country vibes, but guess what? she knows her audience from fans to the general public. The look and feel was country, the sound of few songs on it did have the country vibes, but she still put her touch and soul in it, making it a pop album that somehow bares some country influences and imagery, without having to make fans debate whether this is a country album or a pop album with country influences or a rock album with country and pop influences...etc.

The problem with most Lady Gaga fans is that they refuse to acknowledge that Gaga can fail at something so they start attacking anyone who dislikes her work and find justifications like "she's a free artist", "she doesn't care about success and charts" (even when she posted numerous times asking fans to get her song to No.1) or that "she's better than all artists because she does all genres".

The sad news is, nobody is great at everything, and there's always preferences, and whether you genuinely like something or pretending to do so to save the singer's face, there will always  be someone else who disagrees. Joanne in this case did not work for most, so she went back to her roots with more pop and dance influences, more "easy" songs like those in The Fame with The Cure, she reintroduced herself at the Super Bowl with her classic image of avant-garde outfits and the classic hits and extravaganza and now she released this single which will probably be part of an EP or perhaps she'll make two more that will remain singles with no album (I hope not). But she's not lacking passion. In fact, the very fact that she went back to her roots shows how much passion she has for music, success and for shocking the world like she always did. This is the smartest step she ever took.

When she said she's going for the indie, she basically shot herself in the foot because she never was an indie singer and no indie artist can afford making her videos, designer outfits and gadgets, the expensive shows, performances and props and all these gimmicks that were the very reason she became recognized globally for. So at the end of the day, remember she's a singer and she needs to be taken seriously be her label. She never was indie. She might have sang in bars before or did free shows or whatever, but that's not what made her who she is and I bet you all that she wasn't as happy or as fulfilled as she felt with TF, TFM and BTW (at least the first half of it).

So no, she's not doing anything wrong. In fact, this is the first smart move she did since The Fame Monster, and I'm here to support her in every way that I can, because she realized the problem and she seems to be fixing it.

Great outlook and post. I agree she still has the passion. What I question is if she still has the thirst for it, and I say this because of how I see her newer lyrics vs her older ones. The older ones had layers and you could tell it was like she felt the concept so much that you could feel it between the words. Now her lyrics seem so point-blank and lacking layers. They're meaningful, good, etc., it's just that the meaning is so obvious and one-dimensional.

Im not doing a good job of explaining it, tbh. But I can relate to it, because I feel the same way. Having all the passion and knowledge, but lacking the internal fire and naively dedicated edge after years of working to the bone and going through heartbreaking experiences. It's hard to keep that young 20-something fire going. 

Stvrboy

I do think she looked kinda off while performing, or it could be that they had little to no time to rehearse it enough. 

MJHolland

Damn I never thought we'd be so negative after receiving a great song...

MJHolland
1 minute ago, Stvrboy said:

I do think she looked kinda off while performing, or it could be that they had little to no time to rehearse it enough. 

She might just have looked different because she did go to Epione a few days ago and if she got Botox it's prob kicking in last night. 

6 hours ago, PaperIz said:

How could you watch those performances and think she's lost her passion? :awkney: 

I agree so much..!

She had a fire during this performance!

& she looked so happy the whole time (especially when going with the public)

It was pure energy & people still complain!

6 hours ago, Magneto said:

Ikr?! Like, I'm starting to doubt if I have even watched the same performance, cuz I loved every bit of it!

Of course I'm thinking the same as bae <3 

6 hours ago, ElectricAlley said:

There was a point where she sort of hugged herself during the set, which was startling because I remember Amy did the same thing during her final performance, because she was in such a dark place. Also, between songs tonight (can't remember exactly) gaga said something like "do you ever feel like your not all there, like your beside yourself." Then kind of brushed it off and started the next song.

It was a speech intro to the next song..

Yeah, she did good but she definitely lacks that spark or something she previously had. It makes me sad. Her performances used to be so unique, energetic, and amazing. Don't get me wrong, they're still good, but it just doesn't feel the same.

Does anyone remember the iheartradio performance? I thought that was amazing, especially Hair. Nothing at Coachella reached this level.

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived