Something is wrong

kizurl

Featured Posts

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edge Of Venus
12 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

just wanted to know if you liked Joanne? what's its ranking overall in your fave gaga albums?

The album as a whole is a great listening experience but there are no exceptional standouts on the album compared to her best songs. I'd rank it below BTW/TFM, tied with TF and above ARTPOP. 

My problem with her is that she's been trying so hard to win the public's approval and respect. Yes she's a great vocalist and I'm glad the world is starting to see that, but that's not why I (and most monsters) stan for her. She used to be revolutionary and outrageous and not caring what others think, now she's all about "look at how talented I am! Respect Me!" If I ever see her TRY it with that guitar playing on the stage again I'm gonna jump into my screen and slap the insanity out of her. :madge:

Reality

Are some of guys serious?? We have a BRAND NEW song! Yes, it fits the pop trend, but have we not heard this with Dancin' In Circles already??

Just be f*cking greatful. I love the song, and I think it's going to do very well. Don't assume that Gaga has "lost her passion" because she created a song that goes with the trend. It's one song, and it's a great song in my opinion.

It's also a pop song! You guys! You wanted a pop song! What's the problem? Because it's not the "pop song you wanted", well, pop's evolved and changed, and honestly, I don't see the issue. I think it harkens back to the days of the The Fame and The Fame Monster, expect with a modern twist. 

🖤👹

Gagadonna
11 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

I'm talking about her quality of outputs, which has nothing to do with whatever Joanne stands for.

Be honest with yourself:

Singles: Pre-ARTPOP vs PI/MR/The Cure

Videos:  Pre-ARTPOP vs Applause/GUY/PI/MR/JW

Visuals: Pre-ARTPOP vs ARTPOP/Joanne

Fashion: Pre-ARTPOP vs ARTPOP/Joanne

Creativity: Pre-ARTPOP vs ARTPOP/Joanne

Festival sets: Pre-ARTPOP vs Coachella

I'll be honest: 

Singles: second option because Applause and Million Reasons are my favourite singles. 

Videos: they are kinda equal. I put Applause, G.U.Y and John Wayne music videos on the same level as Poker Face, Judas and Telephone. 

Visuals: Pre-ARTPOP visuals were indeed more exciting. 

Fashion: Post-ARTPOP actually. I prefer Gaga WAY MORE as mature, classy and sober woman than as a freak monster alien-looking attention-seeking pop girl. 

Creativity: Post-ARTPOP. The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way and even ARTPOP are all similar to me (in the sense that you could make one album with tracks of each record). Joanne is for me Gaga's first creative, original and authentic released album. 

Festival sets: well, it's not fair to compare. When Gaga was doing festivals in her early days, it was for the Fame Ball Tour, which means the set was the set of the tour, the outfits were the outfits of the tour, etc. Coachella is a uniquely festival-designed show. I'll pick then Coachella for its setlist.

DemeLarell

I don't hear tropical house whatsoever. Yes there is trending sounds on hear but I hear a more 90s/00s vibes on here

FREEPALESTINE
3 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

I don't hear tropical house whatsoever. Yes there is trending sounds on hear but I hear a more 90s/00s vibes on here

lol, how old are you please?

Chic
8 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

I'll be honest: 

Singles: second option because Applause and Million Reasons are my favourite singles. 

Videos: they are kinda equal. I put Applause, G.U.Y and John Wayne music videos on the same level as Poker Face, Judas and Telephone. 

Visuals: Pre-ARTPOP visuals were indeed more exciting. 

Fashion: Post-ARTPOP actually. I prefer Gaga WAY MORE as mature, classy and sober woman than as a freak monster alien-looking attention-seeking pop girl. 

Creativity: Post-ARTPOP. The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way and even ARTPOP are all similar to me (in the sense that you could make one album with tracks of each record). Joanne is for me Gaga's first creative, original and authentic released album. 

Festival sets: well, it's not fair to compare. When Gaga was doing festivals in her early days, it was for the Fame Ball Tour, which means the set was the set of the tour, the outfits were the outfits of the tour, etc. Coachella is a uniquely festival-designed show. I'll pick then Coachella for its setlist.

BBC Radio One Festival says hi

Gagadonna
Just now, Chic said:

BBC Radio One Festival says hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Oh yeah, I completely forgot BTW festivals... I'll keep Coachella 

YeehawKylie

I'd lose my passion too if my fans were ungrateful little sh*ts honestly. It's sad, I feel like she's so excited every time she gives her fans new music and it always gets trashed. 

Neight Shayde
6 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

The album as a whole is a great listening experience but there are no exceptional standouts on the album compared to her best songs. I'd rank it below BTW/TFM, tied with TF and above ARTPOP. 

My problem with her is that she's been trying so hard to win the public's approval and respect. Yes she's a great vocalist and I'm glad the world is starting to see that, but that's not why I (and most monsters) stan for her. She used to be revolutionary and outrageous and not caring what others think, now she's all about "look at how talented I am! Respect Me!" If I ever see her TRY it with that guitar playing on the stage again I'm gonna jump into my screen and slap the insanity out of her. :madge:

How about Joanne? Cheek To Cheek? don't you find them outrageous? out-of-the-box?

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

Are some of guys serious?? We have a BRAND NEW song! Yes, it fits the pop trend, but have we not heard this with Dancin' In Circles already??

Just be f*cking greatful. I love the song, and I think it's going to do very well. Don't assume that Gaga has "lost her passion" because she created a song that goes with the trend. It's one song, and it's a great song in my opinion.

It's also a pop song! You guys! You wanted a pop song! What's the problem? Because it's not the "pop song you wanted", well, pop's evolved and changed, and honestly, I don't see the issue. I think it harkens back to the days of the The Fame and The Fame Monster, expect with a modern twist. 

Thank you. It's one song. Gaga has inspired radio trends before, but she's also followed radio trends as well. This is something new for her, even if it has been done before, so I'm glad to hear her try something new. Being an artist is about exploring different types of music within your genre. Gaga has been experimenting a lot lately with Joanne, her Metallica performance, can't she just go back to pure-pop for a moment? It's her roots, it's what made her Lady Gaga...and people are calling her a sell out for it? 

weed

Gaga last night was more OG Gaga than most performances that've happened in the last 3 years imo

and girl needs ha streaming to improve, why not do a popular song? It's ONE song, after a whole album/era that goes against mainstream.........

DemeLarell
5 minutes ago, omagaga said:

lol, how old are you please?

Old enough to have live through both of those eras. If you just take out those trendy high pitched noises, that's the vibe I get. 

Reality
7 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Thank you. It's one song. Gaga has inspired radio trends before, but she's also followed radio trends as well. This is something new for her, even if it has been done before, so I'm glad to hear her try something new. Being an artist is about exploring different types of music within your genre. Gaga has been experimenting a lot lately with Joanne, her Metallica performance, can't she just go back to pure-pop for a moment? It's her roots, it's what made her Lady Gaga...and people are calling her a sell out for it? 

It's just so f*cking annoying because it's so f*cking hypocritical. This is a pop song! What's wrong? Because it follows radio trends? It doesn't even follow it too much. It's really just the snaps and instrumentals during the verses that make it sound "like generic pop trash".

You guys (not you, but like people in general) wanted that "pure pop song". Well, here it is! And I'm happy as f*ck. I love it, and I think people need to stop psychoanalyzing Gaga and say "She's lost her creativity and her passion" and instead just enjoy the f*cking music. I mean, this sound like something from The Fame, but with a modern twist!

🖤👹

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived