news

Lady Gaga - The Cure

Hurem

Featured Posts

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

i cant at everybody praising The Cure :giveup:   the hit we were waiting is coming :giveup:

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

Arcanum

All this massive eargasm today caused me to enter this fab forum.:diane:

I bow down to pray for a SummerGa Cure but before that can u help my delusional mind?

Can anyone else see another Gaga face on the background of the cover? :awkney:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

lairofhk

Huh, interesting. Do I love it? No. It definitely has that more mainstream/generic leaning sound to it, which pleases me in some ways and irks me slightly in others. I'd like to know more about who produced it and what the deal is with new music coming, etc. I hope we're gonna get more than just this single.

Emigrante
2 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

All this massive eargasm today caused me to enter this fab forum.:diane:

I bow down to pray for a SummerGa Cure but before that can u help my delusional mind?

Can anyone else see another Gaga face on the background of the cover? :awkney:

me. the first thing I saw was the face in that texture behind her. D:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Surely it's not the second coming of Bad Romance, not the musical or pop cultural epiphany we're all waiting for from Gaga and my mind kept telling me that it sounded like "heard that before".

But after a few listens now I'm just letting the heart take over. I mean it did sound instantly likeable and accessible, it's feel-good, it's fun and cute, and it seemed to make her happy so I'm all for it. And in a cheeky kinda way she did exactly yet again what nobody was expecting, neither the GP nor the fanbase :cool:

I don't know if this has been talked about before, there's just too many threads here to keep track of. But I had this thought... isn't The Cure really the very first straight-up traditional love song that Gaga has ever put out ? By "traditional love song" I mean that the lyrics are just basically "I love you baby, wanna stay with you forever, you're so good for me" etc.

But so far pretty much all of her songs had various layers of meaning and dark or ironic undertones but with The Cure I'm not getting any of that. You could argue that the song is either about a romantic relationship or about the love and connection with her fans, but the lyrics overall seem to be quite literal.

So if that's true, doesn't that make this song quite different and "experimental" in a way, within the Gagaverse ?

"You just gotta be committed to the hat!" - Lady Gaga

Arcanum
Just now, Emigrante said:

me. the first thing I saw was the face in that texture behind her. D:

YAS!

Queen of hiding her face on satin curtains. :classy:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Baduizm

This is what the song reminds me of now that i've listened to it quite a bit.. both thematically and musically (somewhat)

Cuntyanne

The vocal arrangement has strong 80's/90's style. Those hard melodies that are timeless. 

Maria Brink
16 hours ago, Chelsea Symona said:

It's awful.

Purposely on trend with radio (which goes against what she has stood for ALWAYS), generic vocals, boring lyrics....

I'm pretty sure it's just for ASTIB, though, and it fits what I'd expect from a cinema soundtrack rather than some new EP a la TFM. Sorry, y'all.

Wow! Gaga does all she can for us to make us happy and it just seems that its never good enough for many of you. People claim Joanne wasn't "pop enough"... The Cure is too "generic"... LIKE WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM HER LOL

nathantj594
36 minutes ago, Baduizm said:

This is what the song reminds me of now that i've listened to it quite a bit.. both thematically and musically (somewhat)

Gosh. People try and compare everything new to anything these days. :awkney:

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

nathantj594
16 hours ago, Chelsea Symona said:

It's awful.

Purposely on trend with radio (which goes against what she has stood for ALWAYS), generic vocals, boring lyrics....

I'm pretty sure it's just for ASTIB, though, and it fits what I'd expect from a cinema soundtrack rather than some new EP a la TFM. Sorry, y'all.

I don't think that movie has even been filmed yet and feature films are usually in production for at least 18 months...You're unbelievable :spin:

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived