Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga will make history as female headliner at Coachella

HolyDelRey

Featured Posts

HolyDelRey

Lady Gaga will make history when she performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts festival this weekend, marking a decade since a solo woman has been billed as a headliner on the prestigious musical stage.

tumblr_okxnzhqMcW1qc3vfao1_500.gif

Beyonce had been slated to headline the festival in Indio, California, but backed out because she's pregnant with twins. Bjork was the last solo female to headline Coachella in 2007, so it begs the question: Why has it taken so long?

Women have always performed at Coachella, which began Friday, since it was launched in 1999. In the last few years the number of female performers has grown, including acts that blend alternative and pop, such as Sia and Tegan & Sara, to mega genre-mashers like M.I.A., Janelle Monae and Santigold.

Coachella is known as the festival for cool kids — and musicians. That leaves little to no room for acts that dominate Top 40 radio, where women have a strong presence, from Katy Perry to Rihanna.

Read More : https://apnews.com/306f3ec67a624c9fb97b0fe70bfa0b3e/Lady-Gaga-will-make-history-as-female-headliner-at-Coachella?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APEntertainment

The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in..

monsterdino

my ****ing faves being solo female headliners on coachella (Björk and Gaga) :golfclap:

junolxf

Madonna should have done it a long time ago. She deserved it.  

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

HolyDelRey
1 minute ago, junolxf said:

Please don't ruin the moment, and stop bringing up other artists. That's your personal opinion only.

The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in..

LePetitGAGABLover
2 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Stealing Beyonce's thunder :rip:

Beyonce stole her own thunder though. Its not Gaga's fault that she was riding that D.:derpga:

junolxf
Just now, HolyDelRey said:

Please don't ruin the moment, and stop bringing up other artists. That's your personal opinion only.

I'm not ruining anything. I'm happy too, lmao. I'm talking about Coachella and its problem with female artists. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Werk
10 minutes ago, HolyDelRey said:

Coachella is known as the festival for cool kids — and musicians. That leaves little to no room for acts that dominate Top 40 radio, where women have a strong presence, from Katy Perry to Rihanna.

Read More : https://apnews.com/306f3ec67a624c9fb97b0fe70bfa0b3e/Lady-Gaga-will-make-history-as-female-headliner-at-Coachella?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APEntertainment

But isn't Gaga sort of like that at least bitd :emma: 

Jigglygoth
7 minutes ago, junolxf said:

0122106_PE278491_S5.JPG

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Archived