Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Muriel's Wedding (1994)

Blake

Featured Posts

Blake

I thought it's about time this iconic Australian film was shared was GGD!

enhanced-buzz-26425-1414373522-4.jpg

Muriel's Wedding is a 1994 Australian comedy-drama film written and directed by P. J. Hogan. The film, which stars actors Toni Collette, Rachel Griffiths, Jeanie Drynan, Sophie Lee, and Bill Hunter, focuses on the socially awkward Muriel whose ambition is to have a glamorous wedding and improve her personal life by moving from her dead-end home town, the fictional Porpoise Spit, to Sydney.

Known for it's real-life themes, brilliant cast and an iconic soundtrack by ABBA, Muriel's Wedding has become a cult hit in the LGBTQ+ community. 

Has anyone seen it? Comment below if you have, or if you haven't. Let's start a discussion!

giphy.gif

BLACKOUTbritney

Love the movie :giveup:

AND the south african swimmer husband is BEAUTIFUL :diane:

The scenes when he's in his speedo :gaysia:

Earthling

My mom loved this movie and used to watch it with me when I was a kid :wub:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

YeehawKylie

It's one of my favorite films. I revisit it often. It has the perfect blend of drama and comedy, truly a 'dark comedy'. Toni Collette and Rachel Griffiths are great in it and I love the use of ABBA music. It's a definite classic and I usually make any new friend watch it with me. :D

Interlude

Love this so much! Thanks for reminding me to watch it :happy:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Sister

I LOVE love love this movie, it is pure joy, fantastic! I also love Toni Collette. :tea:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived