Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Richy: "We are going to play with some of her various genres within her"

Ronlop

Featured Posts

Ronlop

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What comes first: the setlist, or does everyone start with conceptualizing the bigger picture and you break it down from there? 

RICHY JACKSON: It has been a very collaborative effort; it’s been meetings, meetings, more meetings, emails, text messages and everything under the sun, whatever technology to get information across to people. [Laughs] There’s not a lot of time, so everything’s just got to be on point. We have to know who to call to get what done, there’s no time to take any chances. Once the meetings are done, it’s creating the setlist, making changes to the setlist. Then on top of that, getting music together, outfits, and the whole nine.

How do you compare this small timeframe to other performances or pulling together music videos?
Music videos, creatively — those talks go on for about a month or two, but…

That’s also just one song.
Yeah! That’s just one song, one music video, to make sure it’s creatively set up right, and then the actual groundwork of rehearsals take about a week, sometimes less. I think for the “John Wayne” video, we rehearsed two days, so it just depends on what we’re doing, but we were in “John Wayne” talks for that video for about a month. With the Super Bowl, that was three months of talks with the NFL, talks within our team for [a 13-minute performance]. With this, it’s sort of been like, as soon as we got the confirmation, it was just like, “Go!” We had to get in those creative meetings quick, we had to start thinking faster because we don’t have a lot of time to put together a show where she’s headlining Coachella — this was sort of out of nowhere because we all thought Beyoncé was going to be doing it.

And this show is more than an hour?
Yeah, an hour-plus show. We’re basically pulling together a concert in under a month-and-a-half. People don’t usually do that and they just won’t even take the risk with that “we don’t have the time” factor.

This isn’t Gaga’s first festival appearance, but it is her first Coachella, so is it safe to say she wants to make sure this is drastically different even from those performances?
Yeah, because those other festivals — well, the last one that I remember going to was Glastonbury — even that was part of the promo schedule, and we may have been doing some touring [for the Fame Ball Tour in 2009], but that was a little bit easier because we still had the show, so we just shifted that there for the festival. But this, the last thing we did was the Super Bowl and then the Grammys with Metallica, so this for us is exclusive and out of nowhere and [we have a] “let’s put together a great show” [mentality].

Read the full interview here: http://gagamedia.tumblr.com/post/159539643828/richy-jackson-talks-lady-gagas-coachella

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

GhRGO2X.gif

an hour-plus show, fvck me :giveup: 

if MTN is performed, I hope she considers performing Paper Gangsta, Aura (Demo version) and Dance In The Dark

GhRGO2X.gif

hoping it isn't a Bowie/Grammys kind of risk that we don't even notice till it's pointed out to us after

OBEY
1 minute ago, Jed said:

hoping it isn't a Bowie/Grammys kind of risk that we don't even notice till it's pointed out to us after

No negativity on this website thank u xoxo 

RAMROD

Jazz confirmed to be sneaked into the set list :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gagaplayer315

"play with some of her various genres she has within her as an artist and figure out a way to allocate those things throughout the show" --

that's the signal Mr Bennett

giphy.gif

Monsterish

I think we can expect a show similar to her tour concerts :oprah: I mean with acts (music genres or categories with Gaga's Eras) and interludes, which is already confirmed. Don't be surprised if she sings jazz or country covers :giggle: By the way, this Coachella show is not related with Joanne World Tour, apparently... :saladga:

Florian

Surprise guests :udidnt: Could Telephone really happen this time ? :udidnt: It would be a little wink at the initial Beyoncé performance :udidnt: 

Monsterish
2 minutes ago, Florian said:

Surprise guests :udidnt: Could Telephone really happen this time ? :udidnt: It would be a little wink at the initial Beyoncé performance :udidnt: 

Daft Punk +/or Florence :derpga:

PanPikus

La Vie En Rose - I'm waiting for you :tony:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

21 minutes ago, OBEY said:

No negativity on this website thank u xoxo 

hey I said hoping! It's okay to be nervous

Archived