Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Metallica's Hetfield (has) No Interest in Collaborating with Gaga

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester
Just now, TheFame Monster said:

Did he just say that the Grammys forced them to collaborate to perform?

the Grammys has been doing this for years now. Metallica collaborated with other acts (even rappers). Remember even Gaga had to collab with Elton John? They only ever let really big names to perform alone, like when Gaga was at her commercial peak with BTW. Friendly reminder that Gaga's presentation in 2015 was also technically a collaboration.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nirvana

Oh damn, this is sad to hear that they may not collaborate... :( Though not the first time when James and Lars have different opinions. I did not believe in a full-on collab album to happen, but a studio recording or touring together would have been great.

Happy to see James praise Gaga anyway, there is no bitterness about what happened at the Grammys.

msisux
1 hour ago, Cerny said:

Rob Halford and Alice Cooper collab it is then.

cda86bf366a4e1614bb6097e8ef0001c.gif

YES YES YES YES YES

rqsApfr1zIHdoo8g15IjHvYFnavGwkw1rkcTR8yi

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, PennyroyalTea said:

I did not believe in a full-on collab album to happen, but a studio recording or touring together would have been great.

Indeed. I was hoping, at most, 1-2 studio tracks featuring Gaga, with one maybe released officially as a single, but not a C2C-tier of collaboration.

2 minutes ago, PennyroyalTea said:

Happy to see James praise Gaga anyway, there is no bitterness about what happened at the Grammys.

Definitely. So happy to know metal acts consistently praising Gaga.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

SpookyKid

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS WAS MY DREAM

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

DeanWinchester
13 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS WAS MY DREAM

Same. If the live performance had no problem i would be content with that but no

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

SpookyKid
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

Same. If the live performance had no problem i would be content with that but no

This was the only hope I had for Gaga + rock/metal music soon :giveup: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

bitchimtrying
1 hour ago, DeanWinchester said:

Well, this is where the dream (of mine and a select few of the smaller and smaller fanbase) dies.

While Lars is keen on making another project with Gaga in the future, vocalist and frontman James had an entirely different opinion.

Source: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/metallicas_hetfield_i_have_no_interest_in_collaborating_with_lady_gaga_or_any_other_pop_star_again.html

On the small bright side, I'm happy James praised Gaga and that he had no problems with her as an artist and as a person. I just really think Gaga could have pulled off a rock/metal recording and that it would be a great venue to prove her versatility and further her brand. I guess she could still collab with other metal acts like Anthrax or Judas Priest, who already expressed interest.

tumblr_inline_nl493nBti31t3p7i8.gif

Front men/vocalist never want to have their spotlight taken off of them, and with gaga on the stage the focus would always be on her. Thats probably the true reason. 

Cerny

Metallica is huge, some of you guys have no idea. They are THE metal band, the Madonna of metal (to make it more comprehensible for some you), when a new band emerges into the metal scene people say, are they the new Metallica? but they never are because Metallica's success is hard to replicate. Everyone knows who they are.

And let's not talk about tours...

FrankGutz

i want a collab either with Korn, System of a Down, Papa Roach, Slipknot or old linkin Park 💀 it aint gonna happen i know

Dᮄ ‱ Dᎀʀᎋ Hᎏʀsᮇ | Hᎏʀʀᎏʀ ‱ TʜʀÉȘʟʟᎇʀ | Eʟᎇᎄ᎛ʀᎏɎÉȘᮄ | FÉȘᮛɮᮇss | MᎀɎᎅʏ Mᎏᎏʀᎇ ‱ Lᎀᎅʏ Gᮀɱᮀ ‱ Sᎏ᎘ʜÉȘᮇ Bᮇx᎛ᎏʀ

DeanWinchester
5 minutes ago, Martin Garrix said:

System of a Down

holy ****, yes

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

PartySick

Fair enough. At least they had nothing but good things to say about her :sara:

Excuse me while I tend to my shattered dreams :giveup:

đŸ–€

DeanWinchester
Just now, PartySick said:

Excuse me while I tend to my shattered dreams :giveup:

can we at least work together to make the process easier? :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Puddin

She should give Anthrax, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden a call :p Metallica and Gaga are in my top 3 favorites and this would've really been cool. But I'm not surprised James said no haha. Atleast Lars is still down. 

Archived