Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Metallica's Hetfield (has) No Interest in Collaborating with Gaga

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester

Well, this is where the dream (of mine and a select few of the smaller and smaller fanbase) dies.

While Lars is keen on making another project with Gaga in the future, vocalist and frontman James had an entirely different opinion.

James Hetfield was asked by La Tercera whether he'd collaborate with Lady Gaga or any other pop star again, to which he replied (via Blabbermouth):

"No. But even just talking with her, being around her, her energy was very, very exciting.

"She has lots of ideas, and she likes to push the boundaries like we do. So it was a good fit."

---

"But the silver lining is that Lady Gaga and me were singing closer, and [there] was a little more collaboration. She's an amazing person - very talented."

He continued: "When we were asked to play the Grammys, we said, 'Of course,' we said, 'Yes.' But they need you to collaborate with somebody; they want to make it interesting. So I'm glad she was available to do it. She has a lot of integrity as an artist, [and she's] very creative."

Source: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/metallicas_hetfield_i_have_no_interest_in_collaborating_with_lady_gaga_or_any_other_pop_star_again.html

On the small bright side, I'm happy James praised Gaga and that he had no problems with her as an artist and as a person. I just really think Gaga could have pulled off a rock/metal recording and that it would be a great venue to prove her versatility and further her brand. I guess she could still collab with other metal acts like Anthrax or Judas Priest, who already expressed interest.

tumblr_inline_nl493nBti31t3p7i8.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

vocalist and frontman James had an entirely different opinion.

he is jealous and scared that the public will start  revolution to replace him with Gaga as the lead singer of Metallica :hor:

LePetitGAGABLover

And I have no interest in her collaborating with them. So its a win-win situation I guess?:tony:

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

he is jealous and scared that the public will start  revolution to replace him with Gaga as the lead singer of Metallica :hor:

tumblr_mudurbpDEW1soxxtxo5_250.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
Just now, LePetitMonstr said:

And we have no interest in her collaborating with them. So its a win-win situation I guess?:tony:

you're always welcome to speak for yourself

tumblr_m7gjflCmu01rziwwco1_1280.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

EmiRivington

Let's not forget that the main beneficiary of this collaboration would be Metallica. Gaga has nothing to prove. She's already a music chameleon. 

lady-gaga.gif

i think u freaky but you don't have a hit

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, EmiRivington said:

Let's not forget that the main beneficiary of this collaboration would be Metallica

I beg to differ--the metal community are quite adamant to pop acts crossing over to their genres. And by the way, Metallica currently has the most selling song by a group so far, and they have excellent pure album sales that leaves even Joanne behind.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

EmiRivington
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

I beg to differ--the metal community are quite adamant to pop acts crossing over to their genres. And by the way, Metallica currently has the most selling song by a group so far, and they have excellent pure album sales that leaves even Joanne behind.

I did not know this I admit it lol :neyde: But I'm talking about worldwide stardom. They are legendary in the rock scene but they are not as big a cultural phenomenon as Gaga is. Thats what I meant :)

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, EmiRivington said:

I did not know this I admit it lol :neyde: But I'm talking about worldwide stardom. They are legendary in the rock scene but they are not as big a cultural phenomenon as Gaga is. Thats what I meant :)

Of course Gaga is more known WW, that I agree. What I meant though is that Metallica may be risking their image and brand to the metal community by risking a studio recording collaboration with Gaga.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Johnny Wayne
2 minutes ago, EmiRivington said:

I don't know about what world you live in, but in my planet Earth, Metallica are one of the best know bands all around the globe and have had a big impact in pop culture as well

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

EmiRivington
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

Of course Gaga is more known WW, that I agree. What I meant though is that Metallica may be risking their image and brand to the metal community by risking a studio recording collaboration with Gaga.

Oh yeah I totally agree on that. 

EmiRivington
1 minute ago, Johny Wayne said:

I don't know about what world you live in, but in my planet Earth, Metallica are one of the best know bands all around the globe and have had a big impact in pop culture as well

Totally agree. The second part however I think Gaga has come to have a bigger impact. Not saying they don't have at all - just not as big :)

Cerny

Rob Halford and Alice Cooper collab it is then.

cda86bf366a4e1614bb6097e8ef0001c.gif

TheFame Monster

Did he just say that the Grammys forced them to collaborate to perform?

Archived