Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

2017 Emmys Best Supporting Actress/Actor

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Here are the predictions for the category:

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editor-predictions/emmy-awards-nominations-2017/movie-supp-actress/sort/recent/

The good news for the Roanoke cast is that American Crime Story won't be competing with them, Feud: Bette and Joan, however will.

Ryan Murphy creates babies and lets them fight. :ladyhaha:

Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates deserve to be nominated, but Judy Davis and Catherine Zeta-Jones from Feud? :rip: Like what have they done? Catherine is just sitting there giving narrative. Judy's scenes are not that outstanding as well. I truly believe Catherine and Judy are only being considered because of how good Feud is, but again, just because the series is good doesn't mean the supporting actresses are good as well.

Here are the predictions for Best Supporting Actor:

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editor-predictions/emmy-awards-nominations-2017/movie-supp-actor/sort/recent/

Again, wtf has Stanley Tucci done in Feud? Alfred Molina isn't too bad but if you're giving a nomination to Stanley Tucci you might as well give Cuba Gooding Jr. and Evan Peters for their Roanoke roles. :rip:

Caesium

Thought this was gonna be a thread asking whether Gaga was going to be nominated and was about to gently let you down... :rip:

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Bradley

How is Sarah Paulson a supporting character in Roanoke though, she's obviously a lead.

Bradley
Just now, Caesium said:

Thought this was gonna be a thread asking whether Gaga was going to be nominated and was about to gently let you down... :rip:

I mean Gaga is eligible but she appeared only in two episodes. Three actually but the first one has too few scenes to count.

freebit
On 4/8/2017 at 8:44 AM, Bradley Cooper said:

Here are the predictions for the category:

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editor-predictions/emmy-awards-nominations-2017/movie-supp-actress/sort/recent/

The good news for the Roanoke cast is that American Crime Story won't be competing with them, Feud: Bette and Joan, however will.

Ryan Murphy creates babies and lets them fight. :ladyhaha:

Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates deserve to be nominated, but Judy Davis and Catherine Zeta-Jones from Feud? :rip: Like what have they done? Catherine is just sitting there giving narrative. Judy's scenes are not that outstanding as well. I truly believe Catherine and Judy are only being considered because of how good Feud is, but again, just because the series is good doesn't mean the supporting actresses are good as well.

Here are the predictions for Best Supporting Actor:

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editor-predictions/emmy-awards-nominations-2017/movie-supp-actor/sort/recent/

Again, wtf has Stanley Tucci done in Feud? Alfred Molina isn't too bad but if you're giving a nomination to Stanley Tucci you might as well give Cuba Gooding Jr. and Evan Peters for their Roanoke roles. :rip:

It's unfair. If you're a respected big name actor in a show with buzz it's like you get an automatic nomination. 

Cuba doesn't really fit that criteria, and Roanoke got ignored by even the Globes this year, so that's kind of the end of that :madge: Plus AHS is getting long in the tooth in TV years & cannot compete with the attention newer, more acclaimed shows attract when it comes to awards.

I feel like Evan Peters won't start getting big award attention unless he stars a great movie, or gets older and settles into the whole character actor thing.

2 minutes ago, freebit said:

If you're a respected big name actor in a show with buzz it's like you get an automatic nomination. It's unfair.

No shade to Gaga because she did good in Hotel but we all know that what you said is the reason she won the Globes.

freebit
22 minutes ago, Bio said:

No shade to Gaga because she did good in Hotel but we all know that what you said is the reason she won the Globes.

Is she a famous "name" like Beyonce? Yes. A "respected big name actor" she is not though. The Globes are considered less prestigious and a bit of a different game than the Emmys. Emma Thompson getting an Emmy for a quick 5 minute performance where she kind of does nothing is far more likely to happen than Gaga getting an Emmy for actual good acting in a lengthy role IMO. 

Bradley
9 hours ago, freebit said:

It's unfair. If you're a respected big name actor in a show with buzz it's like you get an automatic nomination. 

Cuba doesn't really fit that criteria, and Roanoke got ignored by even the Globes this year, so that's kind of the end of that :madge: Plus AHS is getting long in the tooth in TV years & cannot compete with the attention newer, more acclaimed shows attract when it comes to awards.

I feel like Evan Peters won't start getting big award attention unless he stars a great movie, or gets older and settles into the whole character actor thing.

It's obvious the Emmys are rewarding popularity and whether or not an actor gets an award does not depend on his/her performance but the quality of the show.

DeanWinchester
On 2017-04-08 at 9:46 AM, Bradley Cooper said:

How is Sarah Paulson a supporting character in Roanoke though, she's obviously a lead.

It's for Lana Winters ;)

they forgot to submit her lead as Shelby/actress of Shelby

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bradley
3 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

It's for Lana Winters ;)

they forgot to submit her lead as Shelby/actress of Shelby

No I think I read in an article that her Audrey and Shelby roles were submitted under Best Supporting Actress and that they are not submitting any lead roles this year. Probably because supporting roles offer a better chance at getting nominated and thus win.

DeanWinchester
11 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

No I think I read in an article that her Audrey and Shelby roles were submitted under Best Supporting Actress and that they are not submitting any lead roles this year. Probably because supporting roles offer a better chance at getting nominated and thus win.

It was a joke, brad

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bradley
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:36 AM, DeanWinchester said:

It was a joke, brad

I didnt get it. :emma: 

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I didnt get it. :emma: 

Won't blame you im not the best joker except maybe im the best joke there is

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

artpopulace

This is as stretch but do you think Gaga can be nominated for an emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress? Since is credited as a guest actress in Roanoke... although the Outstanding Guest Actress categories are Drama and Comedy only...

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

Archived