đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wendy Williams BACKLASH from RPDR Fans

Dirtyicecreamz

Featured Posts

Dirtyicecreamz

So lately everyone is VERY pissed off that Wendy Williams is hosting the weekly live viewing parties of Drag Race on VH1 ! :grr:  
RPDR alums (Detox, Alaska) are ranting on twitter too. Also, in a new interview with Hey Qween, a drag queen named ErickaToure talks about how back in 2009 she was almost denied entry to the Wendy Williams Show by producers and then made to sit somewhere in the back of the audience so the camera wouldn't see her :dry::O (because she was dressed in drag). The drag queen says that she tried to come back years later but was rejected (from sitting in the front seat) EVEN THOUGH the producers had told her on the phone that she could come back dressed in anything she'd like.... smh

Wendy has also made some questionable comments that are to a certain extent 'transphobic' (depending on your definition of that word) but at the same time, I've seen her talk about Caitlyn's transition and she had nothing but encouraging stuff to say.   

Do you think Wendy should be axed from hosting the viewing parties?? TBH, I don't think it's that big a deal. I mean it literally lasts like 5-10 minutes maximum + Wendy has a huge daytime TV audience which will help attract new viewers as the show is clearly trying to break into mainstream TV.  I completely understand why people would not be very fond of Wendy considering she's been rude/disrespectful many times and is also very clumsy in her choice of words when she discusses ANY topic looool but calling her a flat out enemy, ......really? Shouldn't we focus on the REAL enemies? i.e the trumps, mike pences, and ultra-conservatives that are trying (and succeeding btw) to literally BAN ANY FORM of LGBT existence/expression/visibility with bathroom bills and new laws that are set to emerge? :huh:

Perhaps she should apologize for some of the comments she's made in the past.. but Lmao it's wendy so i doubt she will 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

junolxf

Well deserved. She's a scumbag. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

kvnrp

I think that VH1 Pre-Show, Mid-Show, After-Show thingy was so unnecessary tbh :rip:

It added absolutely nothing to Drag Race IMO.

Kim Kardashian

I was honestly SHOCKED when they announced her as a host on that show, I was sure RuPaul doesn't like her shady and messy ass personality. A few days ago Ru made a comment on social media hinting that she doesn't like her that much/didn't pick her as a host so now I think it was VH1 that made the choice and not Ru.

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

Lady Palutena

I think she is deplorable and I cringed when I tuned into the season premiere and saw her hosting that viewing party.

4a5t9qf.jpg

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Batwings

The whole viewing party crap was utterly pointless anyway. Just nix the whole thing.

Dirtyicecreamz
8 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

I think that VH1 Pre-Show, Mid-Show, After-Show thingy was so unnecessary tbh :rip:

It added absolutely nothing to Drag Race IMO.

I know! this is why I don't get the immense uproar, it's not even a show lol. It's a few seconds of them talking to keep viewers from switching channels.:toofunny:

Stop the music, Start the drama.

Trepadation

Hahhahahahahaha yes thank god :whitney: I didn't like that she who wears sheep's clothing was hosting. How she gonna praise gaga when she's always shady to her. Not to mention her previous drama with the gheys/drag

ManuelColon

Drag Race is not about the viewers, it's about the contestants, the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent in them. Wendy is the same as Perez Hilton, a hypocrite that kisses everyone's ass when they need to, but in a second they can start talking literal **** on you. 

It is a big deal to have her do that minimal viewing party because, as i said, she's the kind of person that ''supports'' the queens and the program but when she get's bored she will drag them just for fun. She IS an enemy because she's two sided enough to do the bad against the community.

Dayman

"almost denied entry to the Wendy Williams Show by producers and then made to sit somewhere in the back of the audience so the camera wouldn't see her  (because she was dressed in drag)"

That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me tho? Studio audiences aren't a place for drag, they're supposed to be average boring looking people to fill seats, not to draw attention away from the actual show. I live in NY and have gotten tickets to live show tapings and there is usually a dress code so that way the audience will  blend together and not draw attention away from the show when shown on camera.

Wendy is pretty trashy tbh, but that does sound like a bit much to be upset over.

HauntingHollow

for years i have thought that Wendy was a drag, until i googled her... well, i have no words :giveup::ladyhaha:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

weed

I don't feel like she genuinely cares about drag race, which is a beacon of our community, so I don't think she deserves it 

Panchecco

I mean I don't mind some drama and some T but with all the people they could have asked to, choosing Wendy was... uhm... reductive :reductive:

+ since so many people feel the same about her, especially considering she wasn't really nice to drag queens and didn't care that much they should replace her with someone else

HELL maybe even a youtuber like Tayler Oakley or even a past queen like Bob, Bianca or Alaska since she just won All Stars :crossed:

Archived