Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Scrapped RedOne songs for ASIB?

nattuggla

Featured Posts

nattuggla

It might be a reach but I was thinking about the scrapped song from RedOne from 2015. Maybe they are not really scrapped but rather saved up for another project since they might not fit to the theme of Joanne! We know that they have made 8 songs and one was described as a beautifuly ballad which is "Angel Down" apparently. This song was the only RedOne song which made it on to the album as it is quite cohesive with the rest of the album. The other songs might be more uptempo, hence would not fit to the style of the album. (Even PI and DIC are kinda out of place....)

In a recent thread it was stated that the ASIB movie will concern "a small-time nightclub singer who eventually achieves international stardom".  This sounds like the movie has many parallels to Gaga's life/careeer. Additionally we know that RedOne was one of the first producers Gaga has worked with in the beginning of her international career. So their recently scrapped songs could fit very much to this theme because she became famous for her dancey and poppy songs.....

Even though RedOne seemed a little bit pissed about not knowing if their songs will do the final cut for Joanne in Summer 2016 it seems like they are on good terms right now since he posted about her on her Birthday, SBHT-show and also in November/December 2016. We have no clue what happened behind the curtains but I doubt there isn't any bad blood between them and in my opinion it would make sense that Gaga wants to use some of their songs for the movie!

What do you think? Discuss!

BuzzcutSeason

A Star Is Born is not like that. RedOne bops Gaga made with him wouldn't fit even if she is playing a nightclub singer. Have you ever seen the original or previous remakes?

nattuggla

A Star Is Born is not like that. RedOne bops Gaga made with him wouldn't fit even if she is playing a nightclub singer. Have you ever seen the original or previous remakes?

I am aware of that but even Angel Down does not sound anything what they have done before. The other songs could be uptempo songs but also could be totally different to their first songs. 

In this one article it is stated that the remake is reconceived in terms of storyline and could follow a slightly different approach as the previous movies. 

http://www.playbill.com/article/sam-elliott-will-join-lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper-in-a-star-is-born-remake

The movie, including its music, also could be "modernized" to the present time. But we don't have enough information about it yet.

JustifyMyLove
4 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

I am aware of that but even Angel Down does not sound anything what they have done before. The other songs could be uptempo songs but also could be totally different to their first songs. 

In this one article it is stated that the remake is reconceived in terms of storyline and could follow a slightly different approach as the previous movies. 

http://www.playbill.com/article/sam-elliott-will-join-lady-gaga-and-bradley-cooper-in-a-star-is-born-remake

The movie, including its music, also could be "modernized" to the present time. But we don't have enough information about it yet.

The version we have she did w RedOne is the work tape one, a lot of people think is the album version one 

And the work tape is just some very early arrangement, would like to know how does a more produced version of it by him sounds tbh 

Julia Volkova #1 stan

venusian

oh my god when will you people get over those songs were never getting them 

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Edonis

When was RedOne ever pissed? Why do LMs continue to run this narrative? :oprah:

Anyways, it would be cool and I would love to hear them but I doubt it. For one, she rarely re-uses previously scrapped or unreleased material (I think Alejandro/Bloody Mary are the few exceptions). I also think she would write original music for the movie. She might have one "Dance bop" but I don't see that dictating the sound of the film, so traditional RedOne sounds wouldn't fit film's soundtrack either. However, I do see her including a few Joanne tracks on the score. 

Panchecco

I get why you'd think that could be possible but we don't really know what genre of music will be in the movie

I personally think that having the scrapped RedOne songs in ASIB would be disappointing because we all know RedOne's sound, and we already have plenty of Gaga songs with that sound and don't get me wrong, I love me some RedOne's bops but I would prefer having Gaga explore a new/fresh genre of music in ASIB (rock if I could choose :giggle:)

and tbh I really want Gaga's first big movie role to be "less gaga" as possible (?) I get that Bradley probably gave Gaga the role because she has the right background and the experience but I don't think he actually wants the movie to be about "Gaga being good at being herself on a Bradley Cooper's movie", I'm sure he wants to challenge her 

nattuggla

I know that she will mostly write original music for the movie since she was working with Diane Warren and Elton John and for sure a bunch of other people we are not aware of.

What I meant was that Gaga might take 2-3 of the RedOne songs which fit the most to the theme of the movie. Maybe the songs they have created are also work tapes with early arrangements and so she could finish time with a sound more fitting to ASIB. 

I still could see these songs could represent the phase where she is reaching international stardom in the movie.

monketsharona
44 minutes ago, Edonis said:

When was RedOne ever pissed? Why do LMs continue to run this narrative? :oprah:

Yeah it's not like the guy congratulated her for SB few weeks ago and wished her happy birthday yesterday x) 

monketsharona
1 hour ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

We don't know the kind of music and the atmosphere of the movie though... We can't guess the kind of music she'll do judging previous ASIB versions...

If they only do a copy what has already been done it the past, to be honest I think they should have saved that money and not doing it at all... 

nattuggla

I cannot say this often enough.... I don't want another BR or another PF. I totally love Angel Down Album Version AND Work Tape and that is the reason why I am so curious about the other songs they have created and scrapped.

I have the feeling that the songs still have the stamp of GagaXRedone but it would be more a continuation rather than a repetition which could sound fresh and different to their previous stuff. As we know it depends a lot of Gaga's input and without Gaga RedOne wouldn't be that good. But together they are creating magic.

But I also want that Gaga collaborate with new songwriters and producers for ASIB.

Lona Delery

imagine being so obsessed w/ RedOne's LG5 outtakes to reach for the stars

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

gagzus

No she'll probably sing Jazz arrangements with a brooding and melancholy theme, unless they wanna REALLY bring it into the the 21st century and add like maybe some Pop and maybe like one electro-pop song. Like how SMASH was mostly jazz-y broadway but then they had Touch Me (justice for that show and song tbh that song was excellent!)

Also, can we not roll our eyesand treat people who post these threads like they're idiots? Kinda rude tbh he's just being creative and trying to start a good debate.

Archived