Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Disney Princess High

XMonsterMonster

Featured Posts

XMonsterMonster

So, I came across this tweet:

HamKFTnzs7Ql.jpg

I remember the days, when she was talking about being a princess high. She was building up the anticipation for her upcoming album and I was really intrigued by this concept. Sadly, only Mary Jane Holland falls into this theme. 

The visual concept also looked great:

%D0%98%D0%BB%D0%BB%D1%8E%D1%81%D1%82%D1%

Also, she looked really cute in the brown hair and Disney imagery:

tumblr_m9rz5ceigo1r3sf9do1_500.jpg

Your thoughts on this concept? :hor: ( I am fan of HighGa )

Anderson123

I don't think the whole album would've been inspired by it. Mary Jane Holland and Princess Die were the songs she was probably making reference to because she probably had been recording them at that time (maybe even Tea or any other Act II song) but it was a cute concept.

I love ARTPOP now but the whole imagery that she was using and random clips, I expected the album to sound more experimental.

Miel

I remember reading somewhere on here a (fairly plausible) theory of ARTPOP's process.

The album, at least initially, was intended to be much more wild and "rave-y" sounding, than the final, much more subdued cut. PARTYNAUSEOUS (the rave version) seemed to be an apparent indication of that.

It wasn't until during her hip injury blackout that her label/her team/whatever decided to kind of cut down the sound into a much more radio-friendly aesthetic, paring away from the more experimental underground EDM rave sounds she seemed to be going for.

3 points in and ready for more

Panchecco

during the pre-ARTPOP Era the hype was insane :wtfga:

that was the Helen Green Era as well, she became so popular during that time, she'll be forever remembered by this fan base as one fo the most talented and inspiring artist-monster :diane:

Just look at how many monsters "copyed" her style :reductive:

prince

Looking back at those images I was SO hyped and it felt so different for Gaga, it's so weird seeing how things turned out

juju

ARTPOP itself feels a lot like a theme park, what with different rides and attractions that make it interesting to explore. Hence the "Disney".

The "Princess" part can be attributed to the certain level of confidence she was experiencing following the end of the BTWB and getting back into shape; said confidence being found on songs like GUY, DWUW, Donatella, etc. 

And, altogether, the album was inspired by different sorts of adrenaline - different highs, so to speak - so with songs like Swine, MJH, Venus, etc, we really got the exact project she was hinting at in 2012. It's just a different sensibility than most of you probably predicted.

Spoiler

And, you have to remember, a majority of the hints she dropped were mid-2012, before the hip breaking incident and her taking time away from the spotlight. It was then (early 2013) that the final visions were presenting themselves in fresh ways.

❤ x ❤

Lucas

I was listening to Stache this morning lmao... If you check Princess Die, Stache, Dope and MJH they are all about princesses/being high and it would have indeed been an interesting album

XMonsterMonster
5 hours ago, Alan123 said:

I love ARTPOP now but the whole imagery that she was using and random clips, I expected the album to sound more experimental.

T H I S 

I was really expecting to hear some experimental sounds is her songs (something more like Aura).

Cailleach

I'm still waiting for gaga to have a  princess themed anything :neyde:

That's not very born this way of you

Archived