TEOG Becomes Bigger Than Applause

JohnWayne23

Featured Posts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
friedriich
9 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

Poker Face seems like it should've been at #1 way longer than one week, but the interesting thing is it almost got NO weeks at #1.  The only reason it got that one week, after being stuck for several weeks at #2, was because the record company removed "Right Round" from iTunes for part of a day so Poker Face could get ahead for the week and take #1.  Does anyone else remember this?  (It's Poker Face's dirty little secret. :giggle:)

How do you know that? :awkney: 

I've been living in a lie :saladga:

Sepsami
21 hours ago, monster78619 said:

And people say applause is a flop :whitney: her sixth best selling :whitney:

mum not surprised TEOG has passed it, if people think of Gaga songs they're more likely to think of this than Applause 

Who says its a flop? :oprah: I haven't seen anyone say that, apart from delusional katy stans years ago :awkney: I wonder where they're hiding now :poot:

Luke78619
56 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Who says its a flop? I haven't seen anyone say that, apart from delusional katy stans years ago :awkney: I wonder where they're hiding now :poot:

Them

and my mum

:poot:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, Sepsami said:

Who says its a flop? :oprah: I haven't seen anyone say that, apart from delusional katy stans years ago :awkney: I wonder where they're hiding now :poot:

Even some Gaga fans are claiming no one remembers it, which is a damn lie. :whitney:

Applause dominated the radio for months when it came out. It had longevity and presence. You can't deny that. It's something no single of hers has been able to do since (yes, I'm talking about Million Reasons). 

Sepsami
1 minute ago, IndieKylie said:

Even some Gaga fans are claiming no one remembers it, which is a damn lie. :whitney:

Applause dominated the radio for months when it came out. It had longevity and presence. You can't deny that. It's something no single of hers has been able to do since (yes, I'm talking about Million Reasons). 

Applause was a proper hit, people need to not underestimate it so much :madge: plus the video is among her best :diane:

ARTPOP has such potential :giveup:

YeehawKylie
8 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Applause was a proper hit, people need to not underestimate it so much :madge: plus the video is among her best :diane:

ARTPOP has such potential :giveup:

Aside from Born This Way (single), it's the one post TFM-song that I vividly remember hearing on the radio all the time. 

Funny enough, the last Gaga single I heard on radio was G.U.Y. and I even remember hearing DWUW a few times on the radio. I haven't heard any Joanne single on radio, sadly. ARTPOP really did have potential, as much as I love it for what it is, it really could've been another Gaga-revolution if it were handled and executed properly. :giveup:

Sepsami
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Aside from Born This Way (single), it's the one post TFM-song that I vividly remember hearing on the radio all the time. 

Funny enough, the last Gaga single I heard on radio was G.U.Y. and I even remember hearing DWUW a few times on the radio. I haven't heard any Joanne single on radio, sadly. ARTPOP really did have potential, as much as I love it for what it is, it really could've been another Gaga-revolution if it were handled and executed properly. :giveup:

The last Gaga song I heard on the radio was MR during SBHS, they dropped it instantly after the hype died down :neyde:

But slae at G.U.Y getting that promo :poot:

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

The last Gaga song I heard on the radio was MR during SBHS, they dropped it instantly after the hype died down :neyde:

But slae at G.U.Y getting that promo :poot:

It was a Top 40 countdown...and luckily I was there to hear them play #40...G.U.Y....:emma:

Sepsami
Just now, IndieKylie said:

It was a Top 40 countdown...and luckily I was there to hear them play #40...G.U.Y....:emma:

I remember watching the musiv video play on tv and being shook, bopping my ass off :diane: I thought it was going to be her next big smash :neyde: The scene where she wears the big layered outfit with the moth looking thing ontop her head is my fav scene in any of her videos :diane:

ssslyboy
6 hours ago, friedriich said:

How do you know that? :awkney: 

I've been living in a lie :saladga:

I remember reading message boards on the day it happened (had to be pulse and/or atrl) and it was a huge deal - everyone discussing it.  I try to forget about it because Poker Face definitely feels like it deserved to be #1!

Archived